making noise

avad

does anyone know which tool / weapon does the most noise ? someone in the "too many jumpscares!!" thread wrote he likes to run into POis, make lots of noise and runs back out to wait for them leaving the house and i noticed i often do the same.

are there differences in range and / or "waking-up power" (for the better lack of a word) of tools / weapons for such a purpose ? until now i just used a pistol because that is what i always have with me for emergency situations. aside from jumping all the time. but if there is something more effective like a chainsaw or shotgun i would like to know.

i guess someone who is familiar in editing the game can find a file with information about that?

That might have been me you are speaking of, though several of us probably said the same thing there.

The tool isn't as important as just making sound period imo. You can use a stone axe to hit something metal to achieve max sound. To get best results you need to RUN all over. Sound volume isn't the only thing to get them to wake up but proximity. Sleepers in homes are often set to need you to be pretty close while making sound to wake them.

So yeah I run all over and bang on stuff, especially metal or glass, or just shoot a pistol a few times while going room to room.

And please only do this if you know the poi's pretty well. You might find yourself falling through the floor otherwise to be dinner for my zombie friends in a hell pit trap! YUM!

You can also bang on the walls from outside. If the building has several storeys, you simply build yourself up storey by storey with frames and best smash in the windows. So you have an escape route for later.

I do the whole thing bit by bit on all sides so that I have woken up at the end if possible all zombies.

When I've lured most of the zombies out of the building I'll of course proceed with caution as there are sure to be zombies left but I don't have to deal with a lot of zombies in a small space.

thanks for the answers so far.

what happens if i use a ranged weapon to destroy / damage something which is far away. like for example i am in the entrance of a house and shoot a window which is like 2 rooms away. is the source of the sound only my gun, or does the block which i damaged / destroyed emitting wake-up sound too ? if yes are there differences in loudness effectivity between the tip of my gun an the block which i hit ?

does anyone know which tool / weapon does the most noise ? someone in the "too many jumpscares!!" thread wrote he likes to run into POis, make lots of noise and runs back out to wait for them leaving the house and i noticed i often do the same.

are there differences in range and / or "waking-up power" (for the better lack of a word) of tools / weapons for such a purpose ? until now i just used a pistol because that is what i always have with me for emergency situations. aside from jumping all the time. but if there is something more effective like a chainsaw or shotgun i would like to know.

i guess someone who is familiar in editing the game can find a file with information about that?

I find that just jumping once works to wake up zombies in the room. Shooting a gun wakes them up a little further away. For tools I'd try an auger or chainsaw.

thanks for the answers so far.

what happens if i use a ranged weapon to destroy / damage something which is far away. like for example i am in the entrance of a house and shoot a window which is like 2 rooms away. is the source of the sound only my gun, or does the block which i damaged / destroyed emitting wake-up sound too ? if yes are there differences in loudness effectivity between the tip of my gun an the block which i hit ?

The zombies hear the firing of a loud weapon within a radius of 50-60 blocks. There is no longer the question whether the window makes a sound at all that the zombies perceive. A single shot from e.g. a shotgun or an AK-47 is enough to wake up a whole house.

well for me I usually only use a bow and a club - practically no guns up to current level of 120, but on few occasions I did fire my pistol. But as much commotion I caused on that current floor, zombies from upstairs didn't come, because they always spawn the moment you reach next floor. So in that case you would just need to run to every floor and start shooting and than jump out the window ^^ Or make a ladder on the outside and keep smashing couple of block with an axe on the outer wall of every floor.

Usually me firing only attracted more zombies from outside - they wander inside anyways since they always know where you are :)

Archived