Del Stryker A17 Modlet Collection

DelStryker

- - - - Delmod A17 - - - -

Modlet Collection

Modlets are located HERE on Github

This is currently a set of modlets that I have thrown together to provide some sensible quality improvements, and add a few more items to the game. The usual disclaimers and rules apply.

I created this for my own personal use among my tribe. These Modlets are very much "works in progress" and will be updated and/or improved and added to as my time allows and as I am able. Of course, additions. corrections, and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

The following individuals I would like to credit right now: sphereii , Guppycur , stedman420 , KhaineGB , stallionsden , and others for code examples, tutorials, etc. If you are not credited here it is because I can not remember what I used of yours. However, I am sure I will credit more people here as time goes on and as I borrow more of other people's code. :playful:

Delmod Kitchen - Working Sinks and Stoves that can be crafted

• Working Granite Sink
  • Working Sink
  • Working Oven
  • Working Stove

All can be crafted at Level 1 of Advanced Engineering

The Stove and Oven operate like the Campfire but they do not require fuel.

The Sinks fill empty bottles with murky water by right mouse clicking on the sink with the bottle in your hand.

Delmod Pack And Store - Larger Backpack (60) and Larger Storage Containers

• Increases Backpack to 60
  • Increases Gun Safe, Refrigerator, Cabinets to 72
  • Increases Desks, nightstands, Lockers to 48
  • Increase Bookcase, Medical Cabinets, Pill Case to 36

Delmod Recipes Fix - Changed some of the recipes.

• Dropped the meat requirements on most recipes to 1 instead of 10.
  • Added quantity 5 stews using less ingredients
  • Modified the Medical Kit recipe to require antibiotics instead of a blood bag and added an additional Medical Kit recipe
  • Added a Bottle of Acid recipe
  • Added a Hardened Chest recipe
  • Added Beaker recipe
  • Added Solar Cell and Solar Bank recipe
  • Added Log Spikes recipe

More recipes will be forthcoming as I am able,...

Delmod Combiner

• Adds combiner function back to the game.
  • This provides the ability to combine two like objects into a single better quality object.
  • The combiner is accessible via the Workbench and Vehicle Storage

Delmod Stack Sizes - Changes several item item stack sizes

• Doubles the ammunition stack size
  • Changes stack size for several resources, food items, drink items, drugs and medical items.

Click on the
to see a detailed list of all stack size changes.

Delmod Startup Packs - New Startup Packs

• Adds bug out bags to your new character at the beginning of the game. These packs contain randomly generated clothes, weapons, and other survival type gear you might commonly find in a bug out bag.
  • Set the bags on the ground and punch them to open them.

Delmod Archetypes - Added one new Del Stryker archetype

This is just an example of how to create additional archetypes to use within the game.

These are all xpath Modlets. Therefore, the modlet folder needs to reside within your "7 Days To Die\Mods" folder.

This is typically located here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die\Mods"

If the "Mods" folder does not exist within your "7 Days to Die" folder, simply create the "Mods" folder.

Extract/Copy the modlet folder into your "7 Days To Die\Mods" folder.

Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die\Mods\Delmod_Kitchen"

Localization.txt File

The localization.txt file is not processed as an XML file, of course. Therefore, if a localization.txt file is included in the modlet you want to use, you will need to please append this file to the end of your current localization.txt file.

First, please make a backup copy of your current localization.txt file to something like localization.txt.bak. This file is located in your "7 Days To Die\Data\Config" folder.

Then copy the contents of the new localization.txt file into the end of your current localization.txt file in your "7 Days To Die\Data\Config" folder.

Easy Method Using Localization Appender

This can more easily be done with the included "Localization Appender" which I first saw posted by Jereth_Khan

It is a batch file named "Localization.bat" that you can launch from within the Modlets "Config" folder.

Follow the onscreen directions and it will create a backup of your existing localization.txt file and then append the modlets data for you.

These all currently work in Single Player and MultiPlayer mode.

For MP they are only required on the Server side and not required on the client side.

Modlets are located HERE on Github

More to come,......

Edited by DelStryker (see edit history)

I put the startup packs mod on a server and the backpacks are empty, any idea what would cause this

Just to be clear so I can help resolve.

1. When you start, you have the two bags in your action bar correct?
  2. I am assuming you then set them on the ground and punched them a few times to open them?
  3. When you open them they are empty?

If this is all accurate then I can only assume one of the following.

Somehow the files got corrupted. Try deleting and re-installing.

Your vanilla 7D2D files may have a problem. Run validate files to make sure they are OK?

Another Modlet's loot.xml may be conflicting because I use loot container ID 221 and 222. Another modlet may be using those as well.

Ok I have a public server that i and a few close friends play on. How would I install the bug out packs on the server. I founf the Mod file do I need to make a named file for it or can i just copy the xml and make new xmls in the mod folder or does it have to be in a named folder as well inside the mod folder?

Ok I have a public server that i and a few close friends play on. How would I install the bug out packs on the server. I found the Mod file do I need to make a named file for it or can i just copy the xml and make new xmls in the mod folder or does it have to be in a named folder as well inside the mod folder?

Just copy the Delmod_Startup_Packs folder and all of its contents into your Mods folder.

It will be like this 7 Days To Die\Mods\Delmod_Startup_Packs\

Then restart your server

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just copy the Delmod_Startup_Packs folder and all of its contents into your Mods folder.

It will be like this 7 Days To Die\Mods\Delmod_Startup_Packs\

Then restart your server

Is it possible to have the bags unlocked so no need to punch? Just place and open? And possibly change the bags to another container? I have tried but hasnt worked.

• 1 month later...

Having an issue, maybe others are too.

After applying the modlets, "Drop on death" is no longer working.. e.g. even when set to DoD = 0 (everything), it doesn't actually drop.

I removed all the Delmod modlets and the issue went away.

I am adding them back slowly, to see if I can duplicate the issue and report back.

I am wondering tho, is it possible that by expanding the backpack inventory, (slots) it somehow is creating an issue with the Dropped_Backpack item which gets spawned when the player dies ?

Just a thought, as these are the only things that seem to relate to drop on death.

I will try to duplicate and report back.

EDIT:

Confirmed in 17.3(B18)

When applying the pack and store modlet, it breaks drop on death. You don't actually drop items, regardless of what the setting on the server is.

Edit 2:

Upon inspection I found you're removing the dropcntbackpack from entityclasses.

Why is this removed ? Is this conflicting somehow with the placing of the backpack for the bugout bags ?

<delmod>

<remove xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name=playerMale]/property[@name=DropInventoryBlock][@value=cntBackpackDropped]" />

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name=playerMale]/property[@name=ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvival]/@value">Bug-Out Bag 1 (Locked),Bug-Out Bag 2 (Locked),keystoneBlock</set>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name=playerMale]/property[@name=ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalSP]/@value">Bug-Out Bag 1 (Locked),Bug-Out Bag 2 (Locked),keystoneBlock</set>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name=playerMale]/property[@name=ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalMP]/@value">Bug-Out Bag 1 (Locked),Bug-Out Bag 2 (Locked),keystoneBlock</set>

</delmod>

Edited by 2ndRecon (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
Having an issue, maybe others are too.

After applying the modlets, "Drop on death" is no longer working.. e.g. even when set to DoD = 0 (everything), it doesn't actually drop.

I removed all the Delmod modlets and the issue went away.

I am adding them back slowly, to see if I can duplicate the issue and report back.

I am wondering tho, is it possible that by expanding the backpack inventory, (slots) it somehow is creating an issue with the Dropped_Backpack item which gets spawned when the player dies ?

Just a thought, as these are the only things that seem to relate to drop on death.

I will try to duplicate and report back.

EDIT:

Confirmed in 17.3(B18)

When applying the pack and store modlet, it breaks drop on death. You don't actually drop items, regardless of what the setting on the server is.

Edit 2:

Upon inspection I found you're removing the dropcntbackpack from entityclasses.

Why is this removed ? Is this conflicting somehow with the placing of the backpack for the bugout bags ?

<delmod>

<remove xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name=playerMale]/property[@name=DropInventoryBlock][@value=cntBackpackDropped]" />

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name=playerMale]/property[@name=ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvival]/@value">Bug-Out Bag 1 (Locked),Bug-Out Bag 2 (Locked),keystoneBlock</set>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name=playerMale]/property[@name=ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalSP]/@value">Bug-Out Bag 1 (Locked),Bug-Out Bag 2 (Locked),keystoneBlock</set>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name=playerMale]/property[@name=ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalMP]/@value">Bug-Out Bag 1 (Locked),Bug-Out Bag 2 (Locked),keystoneBlock</set>

</delmod>

Well, my sincere apologies for my delayed response, I have been entirely unable to access the Forums for a while now. As you have stated this line "<remove xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name=playerMale]/property[@name=DropInventoryBlock][@value=cntBackpackDropped]" />" is the offending line. I added it intentionally to disable the normal drop-on-death function. However, as you have probably already found, simply removing this one line will restore the normal drop-on-death functionality.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is intended, but using the Bug out Bags causes you to not drop anything on death.

Very nice mod, but completely useless to me if players don't drop anything on death.

- - - Updated - - -

Tested by removing the mod, and we dropped items on death again. Added the mod back, no drop of items on death..

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

DelStryker -- Thank you for these modlets. I especially like the Combiner. However, I appear to have an issue with this modlet that's taken me quite some time to track down. It appears when I have the Combiner enabled on my server it is causing new players who just entered the game to craft level 3 items before they add any skill points. I suspect that this is related to the entityclasses in the Combiner, but looking over your code, I have to admit I'm not entirely sure WHY. But it definitely is the Combiner mod that is causing this behavior. I'd appreciate it if you could have a look at this to see if there is anything you can do to correct this behavior.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I found this thread coming from a link at 7daystodiemods, on their "Delmod Electronics" page. There's nothing here about that particular

mod, though.

I wanted to ask whether the generators in that mod can be omitted form installation, but I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about that...

• 10 months later...

Hi, I'm not sure if this has already been bought to your attention but the Recipes Fix mod seems to be outdated in regards to some of the recipe ingredients, they cause the xml to not load and causes a bug where you cannot scrap most items. I changed the auto turret recipe, replacing "gunSMG5" with the handgun parts and it didn't come up as an error although "gunPUMPSHOTGUN" did, so i guess a lot of them just need updating. I'm playing on version 19.6