Junction Box

Untamed_Wolf

I updated and added the fusebox to this mod for A17 B240:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69799-Junction-Box-Block

This adds four blocks to the game. One is the small fusebox, a larger Control Panel, an electrical box, and a Concrete Block (that upgrades to steel) to hide all those pesky wires.

There's recipes and you need Advanced Engineering lvl 2 to unlock them.

20190210095124_1.thumb.jpg.43e4250e69fe621ab7cc680e91e95a7c.jpg

20190210095143_1.thumb.jpg.d8899d75af1d3ee553f42b655ecb6342.jpg

Edit: Updated progression.xml; it was incorrect, thanks Puschpa!

Also updated again, because for some reason I had an extra c in the recipies.xml

2nd Update: Added electrical box.

3rd Update: Allows upgrading concrete junction block to steel.

Added pics

The A17 version will work in A18, but dcsobral was kind enough to update it fully to A18. Link to the post and to their updated version below:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?104708-Junction-Box&p=1065440#post1065440

UntamedWolf_JunctionBox.zip

20190210095113_1.thumb.jpg.942a099c34d611d7a3ed020d52556583.jpg

20190210095131_1.thumb.jpg.d2992c8cd70b8e4d050786158b0665d0.jpg

And also, just as feedback, changing where the visible wire attaches to the fusebox from a gen would look better. It just kind of floats out in front of it at the moment.

And possibly adding the red/green light from the vanilla switch to the fusebox(haven't tried the panel yet) so you can easily tell if it is on or off would be nice.

Still, loving the new options!

And also, just as feedback, changing where the visible wire attaches to the fusebox from a gen would look better. It just kind of floats out in front of it at the moment.

And possibly adding the red/green light from the vanilla switch to the fusebox(haven't tried the panel yet) so you can easily tell if it is on or off would be nice.

I am really new to modding, so I will have to get back to you on some of those options. I did add the option to upgrade the concrete fuse block to steel, then stainless steel. There are no recipes for the steel or stainless steel blocks. I can add them, if there was interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Are these functional or just decorative?

They are functional. You can hook up wires from a battery bank or generator to them, then hook them to lights or traps.

- - - Updated - - -

Untamed_Wolf video?

I don't have a video, but I could post some pictures if that's good for you.

What I meant was, once you upgrade it from concrete to steel, it loses functionality. It just turns into a regular block, no longer letting you attach a wire to it. I don't mind upgrading it after I craft it. And it isn't a huge deal not being able to upgrade it anyway. Just wanting you to know it is bugged at the moment. :smile-new:

What I meant was, once you upgrade it from concrete to steel, it loses functionality. It just turns into a regular block, no longer letting you attach a wire to it. I don't mind upgrading it after I craft it. And it isn't a huge deal not being able to upgrade it anyway. Just wanting you to know it is bugged at the moment. :smile-new:

No worries :) I got your meaning. I updated it so that when you make the concrete junction box block, you can (if you want to) upgrade it to steel or stainless steel and it will not lose the functionality of being able to hook wires to it.

love this mod but when i use it with the A17 more lights mod all my junction boxes turn into lights...lol i can find anything that ties them together can anyone help?

What lights do they turn into? I'm using more lights as well and am not having this happen. You could add a 1 to the beginning of folder name of this mod. It would make it load before the more lights mod. I went and looked back through the files and we're not using the same names for anything, so I'm not certain why it would cause an issue.

i had this mod first then i later added the more lights mod and restarted server and when i logged in the junction boxes were light fixtures ...was kinda funny ... i also tried the working sinks and ovens and the same thing happened i logged and and my junction boxes turned into ovens and sinks hanging from ceiling and on the walls...lol so i removed the oven mod and the lights mod and all back to normal... i will try again with the folder name with a 1 and will let you know

Very nice mod Wolf!

I ran into a snag tho, it seems I cannot connect the solar banks directly to your junction/fuse boxes. I have to have solar banks first connected to a battery bank and then it will connect to them. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I've set up an "Emergency Generator" area located deep below where the solar bank is mounted. My battery bank is placed down there beside my generator so that I can quickly and easily swap connections if the battery bank drains.

I have an elaborate string of relays set up so that the extension of my wires down to the Emergency Generator is hidden and thought that your mod would very nicely clean up that waste of lost energy from putting relays all over just to keep them hidden.

I don't suppose you could create a way that the generator and the solar bank would work together to charge battery banks? Solar panels are great until it gets dark, and then I have to manually change the wires for the generator to charge the batteries if they drain. Sure would be nice if that was just an automated process - I would imagine it as Solar charges when the sun is out, but once the sun goes down and the batteries drain the generator automatically kicks in and charges until they are full again, and then shuts off. The generator and solar banks wouldn't be charging at the same time, just one or the other as the circumstances require. I figure that's not doable, but never hurts to ask :)

Edit : I should clarify that it does connect (I hear the click), but no power goes directly from solar to any of the junction boxes without having battery banks in between.

Very nice mod Wolf!

I ran into a snag tho, it seems I cannot connect the solar banks directly to your junction/fuse boxes. I have to have solar banks first connected to a battery bank and then it will connect to them. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I've set up an "Emergency Generator" area located deep below where the solar bank is mounted. My battery bank is placed down there beside my generator so that I can quickly and easily swap connections if the battery bank drains.

I have an elaborate string of relays set up so that the extension of my wires down to the Emergency Generator is hidden and thought that your mod would very nicely clean up that waste of lost energy from putting relays all over just to keep them hidden.

I don't suppose you could create a way that the generator and the solar bank would work together to charge battery banks? Solar panels are great until it gets dark, and then I have to manually change the wires for the generator to charge the batteries if they drain. Sure would be nice if that was just an automated process - I would imagine it as Solar charges when the sun is out, but once the sun goes down and the batteries drain the generator automatically kicks in and charges until they are full again, and then shuts off. The generator and solar banks wouldn't be charging at the same time, just one or the other as the circumstances require. I figure that's not doable, but never hurts to ask :)

Edit : I should clarify that it does connect (I hear the click), but no power goes directly from solar to any of the junction boxes without having battery banks in between.

Glad you like the mod! :)

I'll take a look at it and see what I can come up with.

- - - Updated - - -

What I liked was to see the wires I tried but I can not

Once you connect the wires, you unfortunately won't be able to see them.

--snip--

I ran into a snag tho, it seems I cannot connect the solar banks directly to your junction/fuse boxes. I have to have solar banks first connected to a battery bank and then it will connect to them. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I've set up an "Emergency Generator" area located deep below where the solar bank is mounted. My battery bank is placed down there beside my generator so that I can quickly and easily swap connections if the battery bank drains. --snip--

Edit : I should clarify that it does connect (I hear the click), but no power goes directly from solar to any of the junction boxes without having battery banks in between.--snip--

I did some testing and couldn't reproduce this. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you had a solar bank, and connected it to the junction box, then connected it to a battery bank? And power wouldn't flow for you?

I first connected the solar bank to the junction box (I tried with the concrete block, the fuse box and the junction box), then connected the junction box to the battery bank, then connected the battery bank to a spot light.

I had also tried it connecting the solar bank to the junction box, then connecting the junction box to the spot light. I was able to get the spot light to turn on in both instances, even when I had turned the battery bank off in the first setup.

Please let me know if this is how you had it set up (or how you had wanted it setup) and you were still experiencing issues.

--snip--

That, unfortunately, is impossible, at least as far as my knowledge goes and being able to do something like that with a modlet. But there is a way where you can setup two battery banks to have a 'day grid' and a 'night grid' and not have to worry about charging the batteries. I know this worked in 16.4, but I haven't had a chance to test it in 17.1.

I will say that this is not my idea, I found it probably on the forums here, but failed to write down who posted it, so I'm sorry whoever posted it, I'm unable give you credit.

--

So the build:

Solar bank, with as much cells as you can buy.

It connects to the 1st timer relay, that is set to 4:00 - 19:30, connected to a 2nd timer relay that is set to 4:00 - 20:00. This little trick is required to skip the game's logic, should be easily done by one relay, but if I leave the 1st timer out, than the system doesn't powers up at nighttime, I need to start/stop the solar bank to make it work. So it's kind of workaround because of the game's logic, it just completely separates the networks.

The 2nd timer connects to the 1st battery bank which charges during daytime and connects to the 3rd timer that was set to 20:00 to 4:00. This is the "night grid", that powers up the sensors that switches the lights up in the house. This night network cuts of at 4 when the sunlight is enough to see easily and save power. Also this was connected to the 2nd battery bank that's output is the "24/7" network. During daytime it powers up the traps around the house (while the 1st is being charged by the sun), and at night the 1st battery pack charges up the 2nd.

This system fully works without any touch, of course you have to check your watt usage and get the best batteries you can. Of course you can play with the times but this is what works best for me.

So in schematic:

Solar bank --> timer relay 1 (4:00-19:30) --> timer relay 2 (4:00-20:00) --> 1st battery bank --> timer relay 3(20:00-4:00, nightpower grid) --> 2nd battery bank --> 24/7 grid.

Hey bdubyah, I looked into these, but I think they would require a new model, at least for adding a light to the fusebox or panel. That would be beyond me, unless someone with more modding experience had a trick up their sleeve.

Archived