[SUG] Crawl or prone through 1 block tall openings.

Red Eagle LXIX

Suggestion: when sneaking/crouched we should be able to crawl like crawlers through one block openings. I'd really like to be able to get into and out of places with only a single block tall opening but even when crouched down in sneak mode we can't. It would be nice if there we could, or if we could get another even slower movement mode like prone/crawl to go through such 1 block openings.

If you look at the loading screen it shows improved pathing and AI and shows the picture of a zombie crawling through a window. This looks to be a future update, and one could only hope they would extend the ability to go through one block holes/windows to the player as well.

+1, like this idea. Since all but the crawlers and possibly dogs would be blocked by a single block opening, it'd make for some pretty sweet wall defense layouts (crawl under wall at single block opening, stand, fire gun through upper block opening). Not to mention making a mine or centralized pit where branches involve single-block holes to other underground openings. This would be very helpful in PvP, but also make for some seriously elaborate underground bases.

[QUOTE=lazerblade01;111112]+1, like this idea. Since all but the crawlers and possibly dogs would be blocked by a single block opening, it'd make for some pretty sweet wall defense layouts (crawl under wall at single block opening, stand, fire gun through upper block opening). Not to mention making a mine or centralized pit where branches involve single-block holes to other underground openings. This would be very helpful in PvP, but also make for some seriously elaborate underground bases.[/QUOTE] I think they are planning that any zombies can crouch, or climb through one block holes, and not just crawlers or dogs. The zombie in the picture of the loading screen is a standard zombie, and he's crawling through a window.

It would be useful to be able to go prone. There have been a few times I have been surrounded in a building, barely making it out by breaking a hole in the roof and dropping down to the closest piece to avoid falling to my death, but being able to crawl through a 1x1 instead of a 1x2 would make escaping the horde much easier.

[QUOTE=Oranix;111136]Another +1 The logic stands. If a crawler can fit through a 1-block hole, then so can we. [B]PIMPS. IF YOU ARE READING THIS DON'T STAND UP UNTIL YOU HAVE CODED THIS :D[/B][/QUOTE] well we only crouch, we dont crawl. we would need a prone position to be able to fit through a 1 block opening. When your on a MP server with your friends, have one crouch next to a wall, you'll see your still too high up to get through that single hole. I guess right now, we just don't wanna get our bellies dirty lol...

• 11 months later...
While I never used the bug when active I am still pointing out I support requests for this feature. As some have mentioned it is insanely silly given there are zombies that can go through one block openings and, bare handed, a single zombie can break building blocks faster than a player with tools (as such they are not as restricted by being unable to climb through one block holes). When a player with even the worst tool or bare handed can break blocks as fast as a zombie, then I'll believe Zombies that do not have the ability to climb through single block openings deserve it (frankly their lack of working thought processes should prevent it anyway except where they would naturally fall to such a position). As some have mentioned it is silly that a player can climb on a ladder through a one block opening vertically (with a ladder adding to the thickness) and yet cannot go through a single block opening horizontally.

Am i missing a Joke as we all know this was recently removed lol But yes I think we should be able to crawl through 1 tall spaces as long as it slows us down, but additionally i think all Zombies should be able to do the same for sake of balance

[QUOTE=Gazz;289679]Either that or being able to jump 2 blocks high. With neither the world is just too constricting.[/QUOTE] height is a not issue, just carry some wooden frames about, place one, stand on it, then jump and place and you can go as high as you like, plus you can pick them back up afterwards. It also makes a good elvator to rooms Zombies can't get too

[QUOTE=Gazz;289679]Either that or being able to jump 2 blocks high. With neither the world is just too constricting.[/QUOTE] Why not both? Ability to go prone and crawl through one block spaces, and ability to jump up and climb over 2 block high walls.

• 3 years later...
I think this should be brought up again because it will be use full in dungeons Say a there is an air vent and you have zombies on your tail u could hop in the air vent or get eaten. I just think this would be a natural thin people would do. Also it would enhance exploring.

The animation is already available. but must be linked to UMA, in entity classes, for zombie steve crawler. When a zombie is hurt, some assume the kneeling postion. stringing these two together may make it believable. Double tap to engage. Its a bit more realistic as far as entry. If the average person is trying to enter an unknown locale. Do they under normal circustances, Break down a door announcing themself and possibly catch some lead, or in this case Zomerpes, or do they crack a block and peek in. I peek, wait, watch, stealth. And a benefit with oneblock crouch. Is 1block jump, adding a very simplified version of parkour to an already decent game.

Archived