Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Re-install the mods folder. I had this happen once and apparently I had messed up the files in the 13.6 patch somehow. Killing the server, copying over the Mods folder again and restarting resolved it.

Don't forget to check the console when you start it to make sure Allocs mods load correctly.

Hey there! First time posting!

Got a server setup on ubuntu and the server fixes/improvements, everything seems to be running fine except for the logs under the webserver. No log shows up when I click on it, and it continues to throw errors until I go back to the map.

2016-01-01T19:30:13 22933.850 ERR Error in ApiHandler.HandleRequest(): Handler getlog threw an exception:
2016-01-01T19:30:13 22933.850 EXC index and count exceed length of list
ArgumentException: index and count exceed length of list
 at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.LogBuffer+LogEntry].CheckRange (Int32 idx, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.LogBuffer+LogEntry].GetRange (Int32 index, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.LogBuffer.GetRange (System.Int32& _start, Int32 _count, System.Int32& _end) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.API.GetLog.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.NetConnections.S$
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ApiHandler.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.NetConn$
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ApiHandler:HandleRequest(HttpListenerRequest, HttpListenerResponse, WebConnection, Int32)
AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Web:HandleRequest(IAsyncResult)
System.Net.ListenerAsyncResult:InvokeCallback(Object)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I've tried reinstalling the mods and checking file permissions for the output log but I don't see any obvious signs.

What could be causing this issue?

Hi Alloc

Is there a way to add an admin command via server fixes that would add skill points or allow you to increase specific skills (ie giveSkill mining 50) so that when a player is corrupt you can rebuild their skills without just giving experience points. You can give xp points to get them back to their level but that does not give then enough points to bring back skill points receive for performing the activity. For example I had a 70 in mining skill but was only overall level 30. When the char lost everything I got the skill points for level 30 that was returned but there were not enough skill points from those 30 level to up mining or other skills to where I worked them , I only got back skill points I earned with levels.

Anyone else having a problem getting the map server to load since 13.6 (maybe 13.5 as well). I get the following in my output log:

"Webserver not started (ControlPanelPort not within 1-65533)"

If you still have the issue can you post the log?

I can't get the map to work.

Console says:

Render map done

After I'm logged into my steam account on the map page it shows the correct Day and Time but I can't see a map.

Did I anything wrong?

Most likely incorrect / not defined permissions. Either make your user permission 0 or update the permissions for the map (see the webpermission-command and documentation).

Ok I lied. Sorta. That is the correct port and IP, but for some reason we keep getting the error

[h=1]An error occured or you have not logged in. Try logging in with the Steam login in the lower left![/h]even though it shows in the lower left that we are already logged in. I have the permissions set correctly in the serveradmin.xml file, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something somewhere else.

Most likely the same as above: Incorrect permissions. Check the webpermissions you have set and compare those to the permission level you get when logging in (it's shown in the log).

/voting isn't working. Tried everything under the sun, the only way to get votes and get people their crates in game is to do it manually through the server list, then log back in. Any ETA on a fix?

Not related to this mod. Probably FRT or CBSM.

Got a server setup on ubuntu and the server fixes/improvements, everything seems to be running fine except for the logs under the webserver. No log shows up when I click on it, and it continues to throw errors until I go back to the map.

Log currently isn't working.

Is there a way to add an admin command via server fixes that would add skill points or allow you to increase specific skills (ie giveSkill mining 50) ...

Nope, currently not. This would require a change to the client.

how i can enable to show drops?

This is not (yet?) implemented in the mod.

If you still have the issue can you post the log?

Nope, issue fixed. It was definitely due to the version of the mod I had installed. I swear I downloaded a fresh copy when I noticed the latest version from 12/24. But it's quite possible I simply extracted the wrong one.

Sorry that I have not seen yet.

Where I can find that ?

My project is:

I have a programmer. he would program me a tool so that I can look into the chests of the players in the loaded chunks... i dont know how this works so i ask for a API because I thought that it may be easier

Edited by thomtree (see edit history)

Sorry that I have not seen yet.

Where I can find that ?

My project is:

I have a programmer. he would program me a tool so that I can look into the chests of the players in the loaded chunks... i dont know how this works so i ask for a API because I thought that it may be easier

So you are talking about a game side API? Basically due to the game being .NET there's no need for a fully specialized API to do stuff. Just use whatever you need (though obviously stuff is in development so external code might need to be updated whenever the game changes).

Here's my log Alloc. It's giving the same error as you mentioned previously about the console port not being within a certain range:

Webserver not started (ControlPanelPort not within 1-65533)

however my console port is default of 8080, the only thing I changed was the password.

[ATTACH]12817[/ATTACH]

You have to update to at least 6_8_10 for A13 compatibility.

Is there documentation of the different functions(and constructors), etc so I as an individual can extend this mod to my own needs? Looking at the source code(example http://svn.illy.bz/7dtd/binary-improvements/AllocsCommands/Commands/TeleportPlayer.cs) I would assume I could modify that to stack all players on top of each other given the proper variables.

Is there documentation of the different functions(and constructors), etc so I as an individual can extend this mod to my own needs? Looking at the source code(example http://svn.illy.bz/7dtd/binary-improvements/AllocsCommands/Commands/TeleportPlayer.cs) I would assume I could modify that to stack all players on top of each other given the proper variables.

Nope, no doc.

Hello, I downloaded your source code and got everything up and running. I'm trying to add a couple more layers to the web server map. I want to add a layer for player spawn points. I have got everything working by mocking player spawn points and it is showing a sleeping bag on the map, however I can't figure out how I would actually find the player spawn points. Do you know where I could find this? I looked at the lastSpawnPoint found on the Player Entity, but that seems to always be 0,0,0. I have tried newing up a EntityBedrollPositionList with the players entity, but that doesn't seem to produce any coordinates. Do you have any ideas on where I might find what I'm looking for?

Hello, I downloaded your source code and got everything up and running. I'm trying to add a couple more layers to the web server map. I want to add a layer for player spawn points. I have got everything working by mocking player spawn points and it is showing a sleeping bag on the map, however I can't figure out how I would actually find the player spawn points. Do you know where I could find this? I looked at the lastSpawnPoint found on the Player Entity, but that seems to always be 0,0,0. I have tried newing up a EntityBedrollPositionList with the players entity, but that doesn't seem to produce any coordinates. Do you have any ideas on where I might find what I'm looking for?

And on that same note, do you know how to iterate through blocks in the world? I would also like to find a way to show all chests in the world, or all chests assigned to a person.

And on that same note, do you know how to iterate through blocks in the world? I would also like to find a way to show all chests in the world, or all chests assigned to a person.

Bad idea, you would have to load all chunks, iterate over thousands of entries, do stuff with whatever you found and unload them. Ok, at least that's a good way to keep the server busy ;)

Also no, haven't looked into how to get spawn positions yet.

Bad idea, you would have to load all chunks, iterate over thousands of entries, do stuff with whatever you found and unload them. Ok, at least that's a good way to keep the server busy ;)

Also no, haven't looked into how to get spawn positions yet.

It MAY be possible if you can tell when a user opens a chest. May require some additional hooks though.

EDIT: After thinking about it a bit more I suspect it's possible. When a user places a chest there is message passed to the server so everyone can see that chest. Give or grab the chest's GUID/UUID and store it with the coordinates of the chest. When 2 people are in the same chest and they are moving items around this gets sent to the server so both players can see the changes the other is making - point being is that this information is sent/pulled from the server at some point - so there's bound to be a way to intercept that information. I wish I was stronger with .NET but I'm not.

Of course this information won't be available until someone actually accesses/places a chest, but I imagine you could write something to painful iterate over every block when the server has some downtime (potentially hours).

Edited by ioScream (see edit history)

Hey Alloc,

Was the teleport bug supposed to be fixed with A13? I remember you saying it would be a few months back but it's still occurring.

When teleporting using /home or any other command you teleport falling in empty space and have to log out/back in to be on solid ground.

The next question is: are there plans to publish such information?

If you're talking about the game: Maybe for some commonly used stuff. But as we won't ever know what ideas people come up with we can't know before what parts they would need documentation for. Also won't be in the very near future as the code is still evolving.

It MAY be possible if you can tell when a user opens a chest. May require some additional hooks though.

Of course it's possible to monitor interactions and then store the gathered information in an additional data store to look it up later on. But that's obviously quite a bit of work, especially as you'd have to patch the game's code to add hooks ;)

isnt that a perfect and easy way for hackers and griefers to know all chests in the world

If you can get around EAC (currently no known way to do so though) you can get a lot of information from the game. But what ioScream supposed was server side anyway so it wouldn't help cheaters unless you were allowing them to access that data.

Was the teleport bug supposed to be fixed with A13? I remember you saying it would be a few months back but it's still occurring.

When teleporting using /home or any other command you teleport falling in empty space and have to log out/back in to be on solid ground.

Should only happen if you specify a value for Y which is below normal ground level. If you specify -1 or a value greater/equal ground level it should be all fine. Never had any issue with that since I did that fix for A13.

If you're talking about the game: Maybe for some commonly used stuff. But as we won't ever know what ideas people come up with we can't know before what parts they would need documentation for. Also won't be in the very near future as the code is still evolving.

Of course it's possible to monitor interactions and then store the gathered information in an additional data store to look it up later on. But that's obviously quite a bit of work, especially as you'd have to patch the game's code to add hooks ;)

If you can get around EAC (currently no known way to do so though) you can get a lot of information from the game. But what ioScream supposed was server side anyway so it wouldn't help cheaters unless you were allowing them to access that data.

Should only happen if you specify a value for Y which is below normal ground level. If you specify -1 or a value greater/equal ground level it should be all fine. Never had any issue with that since I did that fix for A13.

Thanks Alloc!

How do you specify that value if you're doing /home? It's happened 100% of the time for us so far.

Hey Alloc,

Hey Alloc! In my testing, if I use the command console command tele, I fall through the world because the chunk(s) take a painfully long time to load. If I use the debug mode ESC menu set position cords, I don't because no y cord used as you say, but the chunk loads almost instantly. xercesblue was talking about the /home feature found in most server managers which I believe are using the tele command.

Using the tele command (or /home) is also causing the entire server to lag. Any ideas?

xercesblue, try my "fix" for /home here until this is fixed.

FYI, we use the /home feature on my server, and everytime it is used it puts us below the world in a perpetual fall until you disconnect and re-connect. This is occurring to all 8 players on the server.

At that point it spawns you on the top floor of whatever location you /sethome at.

We have also cleared and reset it to the same issue.

Not a big deal to me really, just figured you would like to know the issue still exists.