Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

I am trying to install the mod on a dedicated server. And I am getting an error when trying to run the fixer.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or ass

embly 'Mono.Cecil, Version=0.9.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132e

d756' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at dtdfixer.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: 7dtd-fixer.exe

Application Version: 0.8.7.32040

Application Timestamp: 53ef0f5c

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.17055

Fault Module Timestamp: 532943a3

Exception Code: e0434352

Exception Offset: 00011d4d

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 5861

Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2

Additional Information 3: d1d9

Additional Information 4: d1d94a13d3609d6b740644c12508f581

Edited by Wyrmwood (see edit history)

somehow this adds everybody to use dm

Well, that was true in the previous release. That's why I posted this:

Just uploaded a new release. Everyone PLEASE UPDATE ASAP as in the previous versions I made a mistake when checking what commands a player is allowed to execute.

;-)

After Alpha 9 I can't get the removelandprotection / rlp command to work properly. The command gives a success and the blocks are no longer listed in listlandprotection, but the claim blocks are still protected from damage.

Did you relogin after using RLP? That's one of the limitations so far ... the updated LP block list is only sent to clients when they connect, so you have to log out and back in after using RLP to get the change work for yourself.

I hope to have that fixed by tomorrow ;)

Ok, in the latest release the "removelandprotection" command also removes the actual claim blocks. This also means you instnatly get the effect of the removed block on all clients without relogging. And you can also remove all blocks of a given player (should make things easer when cleaning up after a hacker ;) )

BIG THANKS to HAL, who pointed me to the code for actually changing blocks :encouragement:

Might be an idea for the future, right now it's not there ;)

Also I'm not sure if that's currently easily possible at all as the inventory is managed by the client and not the server. Would probably have to read the inventory from client, modify it and send it back, if the client code allows that at all.

Could be easier to drop the given item in front of the player though.

honestly I swear hackers are having more fun with this game than server admins are.. that ♥♥♥♥ just ain't right.

"Could be easier to drop the given item in front of the player though. "

yeh once I stop the server put password on it, set it to buildcreate, startup, get items, shutdown, take password off don't forget to put buildcreate to false and startup again.. fun, or more like funpimps wth are you thinking.

I am trying to figure out how to install this on my server, Right now I am using the host at bluefangsolutions.com, They give full FTP access to edit files and such but I do not know what too do exactly. Can anyone post a step by step instruction for this? o idea what a Deobfuscator is lol New too modding.

Just download the two DLLs, strip the ".patched" part from the Assembly-CSharp.patched.dll and put both in the 7dtd/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed folder (overwriting the AC#.dll with the new one).

@Koolio: By drop in front of the player I meant one might be able to achieve that by code. That should at least be easier as adding something directly to a players inventory.

Just download the two DLLs, strip the ".patched" part from the Assembly-CSharp.patched.dll and put both in the 7dtd/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed folder (overwriting the AC#.dll with the new one).

@Koolio: By drop in front of the player I meant one might be able to achieve that by code. That should at least be easier as adding something directly to a players inventory.

I got the files working in my server however I noticed two things weird.

1.) Admin gets disconnected a lot after executing the si command in game a few times, Maybe its just me no idea.

2.) Server telnet is spamming "Telnet executed "lpe" from: MY IP/PORT" and also "Telnet executed "gt" from: MY IP/PORT".

Is this normal?

EDIT:

Shut down FrontRunnerTek Server Manager, and spamming stopped. Now are the commands only for Telnet or in game as well?

Edited by Lordicon (see edit history)

yeah its possible to spawn entity.. but the listed entities are limited.. closest you can get to items is supply crates spawning at a player or yourself.

if there was someway of getting access to more items to drop that would be good

1.) Admin gets disconnected a lot after executing the si command in game a few times, Maybe its just me no idea.

By "admin" you mean a game client that has admin permissions?

Wouldn't know of any reason one should get disconnected for using commands. Also I have used SI quite a lot without getting disconnected (in 8.8 though the code does not seem to have changed in that aspect).

2.) Server telnet is spamming "Telnet executed "lpe" from: MY IP/PORT" and also "Telnet executed "gt" from: MY IP/PORT".

EDIT: Shut down FrontRunnerTek Server Manager, and spamming stopped.

Yup, FRTs manager uses LPE and GT (afair in a 5 second interval). And I'm printing executed commands for logging purposes. Can't see a good way around this for now :(

Now are the commands only for Telnet or in game as well?

Console commands are always the same for every type of connection, i.e. Control panel, Telnet and in-game.

if there was someway of getting access to more items to drop that would be good

Yep, that's what I meant ... might be feasible to add a more generic command to drop any item. Didn't look into this subject though and don't know when I'll find the time to do so. It's on my todo list though.

Yup, FRTs manager uses LPE and GT (afair in a 5 second interval). And I'm printing executed commands for logging purposes. Can't see a good way around this for now :(

I assume what your saying is FRTs manager is spamming/sending the LPE command as an admin to read and update the information on the players and display in its players tab. Wouldn't it work to have the FRTs manager watch for new incoming connections to the game server then use the lpe command to update its information based on the new connection, Same as any player closing connection with the server. This way the FRTs manager does not spam telnet so much. I don't know what language FRT is written in but every language has some way of doing a If and Else If statement. I don't know if it could work or not but I figured I would ask if it is possible.

if (TelNet(PlayerConnected))
{
//Use lpe to update FRT's manager add said player
}
else if (TelNet(PlayerDisconnected))
{
//Use lpe to update FRT's manager and take out said player
}

Then again to get the information to display current and up to date ping and player scores is a different story. So maybe me asking about a if statement and checking only on new connection is a bad idea.