A17 Stable FAQ

Roland

Would you be willing to open at least a Poll on wether people prefer the new puzzle-solving zombies or revert back to the simpler AI?

Even if you dont agree on a developer level, at least let us vote on it, so we can express to you our feelings in clear Yes or No way without arguements. You might find the numbers to be great feedback on a statistical level.

The devs are going to be pushing A17.1 to experimental first. So if you are currently opted in to current_experimental your game will automatically update to A17.1 once the devs push it out. A17.1 should be compatible with build 240.

The devs are going to be pushing A17.1 to experimental first. So if you are currently opted in to current_experimental your game will automatically update to A17.1 once the devs push it out. A17.1 should be compatible with build 240.

completely new methods? this has never happened before

completely new methods? this has never happened before

Actually, I was reminded that they did do this during Alpha 16. Sometimes it's hard to remember that this alpha is only the third one in which they've done experimentals so there isn't really a long tradition to go by here..:)

A new opt-in choice has been added to the beta list. A17.0

If you wish to remain on the current build and not automatically update then you will want to select A17.0 from the beta opt-in screen.

If you wish to update automatically to the very first moment of A17.1 then please select latest_experimental.

If you wish to update automatically once 17.1 is ready for stable then opt out of all betas.

Someone does not know this forum (or any) very well

Im going to be SO nice, that it's going to spread on others like a... zombie virus :3

Here are some happy RAINBOWS

Thats said, thank you Roland for opening that Poll discussion, im honestly happy to see the debate being had and its been quite constructive and progressive for the most part. Wether we disagree or agree on it, it was weighing heavily on peoples minds.

How difficult would it be to implement character skills import to a new map from an older build savegame? Even if only the Level and respective number of perk points. We love the new builds but it feels sort of tedious to start over grinding Zeds with stone age tools.

How difficult would it be to implement character skills import to a new map from an older build savegame? Even if only the Level and respective number of perk points. We love the new builds but it feels sort of tedious to start over grinding Zeds with stone age tools.

I think it would be easier to give everyone a higher number of starting points than transferring a character. In my experience this never ended well when I've seen people try.

Edit the starting quest to give you however many points you feel is needed.

I think it would be easier to give everyone a higher number of starting points than transferring a character. In my experience this never ended well when I've seen people try.

Edit the starting quest to give you however many points you feel is needed.

You also can just copy the player files from one saved game folder to another and continue playing the character. You just need to redeploy a sleeping bag/rebuild base and gather new supplies that aren't already on the character.

We avoid this during testing, as it could introduce weird errors as schemas change and item IDs move around. However, if you are not testing, you can probably get away with this between an A17 and A17.1 build, and it always works within a version.

Do like the idea for GOLD that the players could set starting skill points, to allow pre-spec before initial leveling.

How long until A17.1 comes out?

It all depends on whether significant problems emerge now that the general public has it. TFP has been know to release an alpha .x hotfix update over Christmas Day in the past if it was necessary. As long as nothing game breaking emerges for the majority of the player base then most likely the beginning of January is when we will see the next update.

EDIT: A17.1 is projected to release to experimental this coming week, hopefully on Monday or Tuesday Jan 7 or 8, provided there aren't any show stopping issues.

Dear Roland, is there any estimate on the 17.1 stable release for everybody (so instead of experimental)?

Thanks for all the updates and har work btw!

Hello folks, I just have a quick question. With the default exploding crossbow bolt. I get the kills if zombies die from the splash damage, but I only get xp from the zombie that is hit and killed by the bolt itself. So, if I fire next to zombies and kill them and not hit them with the explosive bolt, I get credit for the kill but no xp, been testing this for a couple days now. Why is this and what can be done about it? Thanks

Archived