REV6:7-8's REALITY CHECK

rev678

51 minutes ago, dani20 said:

It seems that download link is broken

I just checked and the download is working properly.

The download link does NOT look like a typical underlined hyperlink. Instead it's a white rectangle image at the bottom of my original post that  looks like this...

download link.png

Edited by rev678 (see edit history)

23 hours ago, rev678 said:

I just checked and the download is working properly.

The download link does NOT look like a typical underlined hyperlink. Instead it's a white rectangle image at the bottom of my original post that  looks like this...

download link.png

I also had this problem, I wasn't logged in to the website however. If you aren't logged in the link/white square will not download just fyi. I just did it like 2 minutes ago.

4 hours ago, KratomPrincess said:

I also had this problem, I wasn't logged in to the website however. If you aren't logged in the link/white square will not download just fyi. I just did it like 2 minutes ago.

What you're reporting isn't a problem I can "fix" for you. It's  a FEATURE of this site. To download most of the attachments from these forums, you need to signup for a free membership.

Hope this clarifies,

REV6:7-8

5 hours ago, Tourist said:

So, even after removing a modlet the zombies are still replaced with ZombieMoe.  Is this mod baked into the save file?

My modlets don't "bake' anything into your game saves, but things like currently-spawned entities are something that  do get stored in game saves. My modlets have no control over that.

If you had my modlet installed when your game loaded in-game entities from the enttiygroups.xml file, including the substitutions my modlets make, then you got zombieMoe wherever the original entities were triggered to spawn. Simply removing my modlet doesn't affect what entities were loaded into your game world at the time your game save was made. 

Don't want the currently-loaded in-game entities anymore? Either start a new game, or issue a "kill all" command from the console, and let new entities spawn into the world per the vanilla entitygroups.xml file.

15 hours ago, Tourist said:

I will try the "kill all" command on the morrow, but i don't know how long it'll take the game start spawning zombies again.  Or for that matter, how long 'til i'm supposed to see ferals.  

Every living creature in 7DTD, including zombies, get spawned into the game according to the criteria in the entitygroups.xml and spawning.xml files. Entitiygroups defines what creatures are in what groups. Spawning.xml defines which groups of entities spawn where and when.

Look for the "vanilla" versions of those files in the Data/Config/ folder of your game install directory.

They'll answer your latest question.

Hope this helps,

Just now, rev678 said:

Glad it worked out for you. You can have the WorldWarZ zombies. I'll stick with Romero zeds for my own gameplay.

Cheers,

i prefer Romero style zombies, but for the sake of streaming, i've split the difference.  I don't have cops, demo, or radiated zombies and the fastest they can move is a jog.

I'd much rather have the slower Romero zombies, but lots and lots of them, though i'm sure the game can't really handle large numbers of zombies.

2 minutes ago, Tourist said:

I'd much rather have the slower Romero zombies, but lots and lots of them, though i'm sure the game can't really handle large numbers of zombies.

With enough RAM in your gaming rig and a decent-ish GPU, you could probably handle 64+ concurrent zeds without killing your framerate. I'm maintaining 30+ FPS with  64 concurrent zeds on my 11 year old MacPro 4.1 with 32GB RAM and a 3GB GPU, using all the lowest video presets, but still.

7 minutes ago, Tourist said:

Actually, in my experience, this more depends on your rig. I am using a system that is just slightly behind the top end of current gaming systems and havent had any trouble running X8 zombie spawns (8 times the vanilla biome spawns).

There are a couple of mods out there for this, but personally I use Jaxteller718's version https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/19674-jaxteller718-a19-modlet-collection/

The latest versions of these modlets are fully compatible with and have successfully passed testing for the latest STABLE version of 7DTD, Alpha 19.1 b8 Stable.

1. Updated the extended version numbers within the modlets (which are visible in the console output as the modlets load), to help users know at a glance which version(s) they have installed.

2. Updated the System Requirements/Fine Print section of the original post.

3. Renamed the attached zip file in the original post, corresponding to the version of 7DTD this modlet requires.

As I've said here repeatedly:
Start a NEW GAME, or you're likely to have technical issues.

Hope this helps, and cheers!

The latest versions of these modlets are fully compatible with and have successfully passed testing for the latest STABLE version of 7DTD, Alpha 19.3 b6 Stable.

1. Updated the extended version numbers within the modlets (which are visible in the console output as the modlets load), to help users know at a glance which version(s) they have installed.

3. Renamed the attached zip file in the original post, corresponding to the version of 7DTD this modlet requires.

rev678 said:
As I've said here repeatedly:
Start a NEW GAME, or you're likely to have technical issues.

The latest versions of these modlets are fully compatible with and have successfully passed testing for the latest STABLE version of 7DTD, Alpha 19.4 B7 Stable.

3. Updated the System Requirements/Fine Print section of the original post.

4. Updated the target of the Download this zip file hyperlink under the Installation section of the original post.

Edited by rev678
MINOR TYPOS (see edit history)

The latest versions of these modlets are fully compatible with and have successfully passed testing for the latest STABLE version of 7DTD, Alpha 19.5 (b60) Stable.

1. Updated the extended version numbers within the modlets (which are visible in the console output as the modlets load), to help users know at a glance which version(s) they have installed.

3.Updated the link to the  zip file in the original post.

Edited by rev678 (see edit history)

The latest versions of these modlets are fully compatible with and have successfully passed testing for the latest STABLE version of 7DTD, Alpha 19.6 (b8) Stable.

1. Updated the extended version numbers within the modlets (which are visible in the console output as the modlets load), to help users know at a glance which version(s) they have installed.

3.Updated the link to the  zip file in the original post.

• 3 months later...

I used a mod that turns a Screamer into a Zombie Moe. The Screamer is turned into a Zombie Moe, but does the same as the Screamer. When Zombie Moe approaches, a large number of zombies are created around it. Alpha 19.6 b8 Stable is in use. I can’t speak English. I am using a translator. I’ve tried a mod similar to this one, but even though the Screamer is gone, the Screamer’s calling of zombies still remains, creating a horde of zombies. I don’t know what the problem is. I am using various mods, but mainly only mods related to items are being used.

Edited by worsiper (see edit history)

2 hours ago, worsiper said:

I used a mod that turns a Screamer into a Zombie Moe. The Screamer is turned into a Zombie Moe, but does the same as the Screamer. When Zombie Moe approaches, a large number of zombies are created around it. Alpha 19.6 b8 Stable is in use. I can’t speak English. I am using a translator. I’ve tried a mod similar to this one, but even though the Screamer is gone, the Screamer’s calling of zombies still remains, creating a horde of zombies. I don’t know what the problem is. I am using various mods, but mainly only mods related to items are being used.

For testing, I only used the rev678_realitycheck_no_screamers mod and started a new game. Still, the zombie moe will summon other zombies. A zombie moe will appear when the Screamer performs an action that will spawn, and other zombies will be summoned if you go near the zombie moe. Is there no way to stop the zombie summoning?

On 10/31/2021 at 4:17 AM, worsiper said:

For testing, I only used the rev678_realitycheck_no_screamers mod and started a new game. Still, the zombie moe will summon other zombies. A zombie moe will appear when the Screamer performs an action that will spawn, and other zombies will be summoned if you go near the zombie moe. Is there no way to stop the zombie summoning?

i haven't yet been able to reproduce the scenario you've described, so I don't have a "fix" identified as of yet. 

On 11/6/2021 at 6:14 AM, rev678 said:

나는 아직 당신이 설명한 시나리오를 재현할 수 없었기 때문에 아직 확인된 "수정"이 없습니다. 

spacer.png

https://youtu.be/IIASGN3_6lM

The size of the video is too large, so it will take some time to upload. I'll attach a screenshot first.

https://ibb.co/9vkcq0C     <<- screenshot

Edited by worsiper (see edit history)