REV6:7-8's REALITY CHECK

rev678

Description:

This modlet package makes the game less annoying for zombie purists by removing bears, cops, coyotes, demolitions, dogs, ferals, football players, mountain lions, screamers, snakes, spiders, vultures, wights, wolves, and even radiated animals and zombies... giving the individual player FULL control to decide for themselves which of those critters they want removed from the game.

You can still manually spawn any of the other animals or zombies from the base/vanilla game using the entity spawner (F6), but this should keep them from spawning in-game otherwise...

... unless you do some of the quests which may spawn specific animals or zombies other than the substitutions these modlets make otherwise.

Included Modlets:

You may safely install any combination of these modlets, or even all of them, without worrying about incompatibilities...

NO BEARS STANDARD
- Replace standard bears with zombie Moe

NO BEARS ZOMBIE
- Replace zombie bears with zombie Moe

NO COPS
- Replace cops with zombie Moe

NO COYOTES
- Replace coyotes with zombie Moe

NO DEMOLITIONS
- Replace demolitions with zombie Moe

NO DOGS
- Replace zombie dogs with zombie Moe

NO FERALS
- Replace feral zombies with zombie Moe

NO FOOTBALL PLAYERS
- Replace zombie football players with zombie Moe

NO MOUNTAIN LIONS
- Replace mountain lions with zombie Moe

NO RADIATED
- Replace radiated animals and zombies with zombie Moe

NO SCREAMERS
- Replace screamers with zombie Moe

NO SNAKES
- Replace snakes with zombie Moe

NO SPIDERS
- Replace spiders with zombie Moe

NO VULTURES
- Replace vultures with zombie Moe

NO WIGHTS
- Replace wights with zombie Moe

NO WOLVES STANDARD
- Replace standard wolves with zombie Moe

NO WOLVES DIRE
- Replace dire wolves with zombie Moe

Why the substitutions I chose:

Why zombie Moe? Because that particular entity doesn't have any restrictions on which biomes or biome types it can spawn into.

System Requirements/Fine Print:

The latest versions of these modlets have been tested on the vanilla/base install of 7 Days To Die for PC/MAC, version(s):

Alpha 19.6 B8 Stable

WITHOUT OTHER MODS, MODLETS, OR CUSTOMIZATIONS

They may or may not work with earlier versions of 7DTD, may or may not work with experimental versions of 7DTD, may or may not work with other mods or modlets or customizations, and may or may not work with your particular server configuration.

Also, console players are out of luck with this one. Sorry!

Your mileage may vary. Caveat emptor.

Known INcompatibilities:

1. These modlets
DO NOT
work properly with the

(RETIRED) REV6:7-8's CRISPY CRITTERS
modlet. Again, decide which you want more, and stick to that path only.

2. These modlets
DO NOT
work properly with either of the
(RETIRED) REV6:7-8's THE GREY
modlets. Again, decide which you want more, and stick to that path only.

3. These modlets
DO NOT
work properly with any other mods, modlets, or customizations that add, change, remove, or replace NPCs from the 7DTD game.

Consider yourself warned.

Installation:

1. Download this zip file to your computer.

2. Extract the Mods folder from the zip file.

3. Open the extracted Mods folder.

4. Open your 7 Days To Die game installation folder. The easiest way to do this is to find your 7 Days To Die game listed in your Steam LIBRARY, right-click on it to open the pop-up menu, select Properties, single-click on the LOCAL FILES tab, and then click on BROWSE LOCAL FILES.

5. Look in your 7 Days To Die game folder for a Mods folder. If there is NOT already a Mods folder, create one by right-clicking on any empty space in the folder window and selecting New Folder.

6. Open the 7 Days To Die game folder's Mods folder.

7. If you already HAVE any old/existing rev678_realitycheck_ folders, remove them from the 7 Days To Die game folder's Mods folder.
FAILURE TO DO SO MAY CAUSE YOU UNEXPECTED ISSUES!

8. Copy or move any or all of the rev678_realitycheck_ folders from the extracted Mods folder into the 7 Days To Die game folder's Mods folder.

9. Start a
NEW GAME
, or you're likely to have technical issues.

Uninstall:

To uninstall any or all of these modlets, simply remove the corresponding rev678_realitycheck_ folder or folders from the 7 Days To Die game folder's Mods folder.

Best Practices/Troubleshooting/Errors:

1. I strongly advise you to start a NEW game/save AFTER installing but BEFORE running these modlets. Failure to do so will likely result in an "Invalid Cast Exception" error. If you don't start a NEW game/save AFTER installing but BEFORE running these modlets, and get errors, I'm going to tell you to start a NEW game/save.

2. Sometimes an "Invalid Cast Exception" error can be corrected by "cleaning" your player profile (either using the cleaning tool in the 7DTD Launcher, or change your player profile from the in-game menus). Again though, if you don't start a NEW game/save AFTER installing but BEFORE running these modlets, and get errors, I'm going to tell you to start a NEW game/save.

3. If you DID start a NEW game/save, and still are having problems with these modlets, please try the following self-troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure 7DTD is not running.

- Move all of your existing modlet folders out of your Mods folder, say to your Desktop (TEMPORARILY).

- Restart the game, and see if you get the error you posted.

- If so, your game/save may be pooched, and you'll want to delete it and start a new game/save. Restart the game, and see if you get the error you posted.

- If so, your copy of 7DTD may be pooched, and you'll want to re-install. Restart the game, and see if you get the error you posted.

- If not, try ONLY moving my modlet folder(s) back into your Mods folder.

- Restart the game, and see if you get the error you posted.

- If so, THEN my modlet(s) may be causing your error. If that's the case, please report back here with more details (which modlets you have installed, what game version you're running, PC/MAC/Linux/console, etc), and I'll try to help you.

- If not, someone else's product(s) may be causing your error, and you'll want to pursue the issue further with them.

Hope this helps, and cheers!

REV6:7-8

MY MODLETS:

REV6:7-8's ADMIN SKILL POINTS

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...N-SKILL-POINTS

REV6:7-8's REALITY CHECK

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-REALITY-CHECK

Edited by rev678
UPDATED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS (see edit history)

After conversations with JerWA and Vedui42 in The Veddite Community's Discord channels (https://discord.gg/jRytRyE), decided to separate out each NPC handled by this modlet into their own distinct modlets.

That way, the individual player installing any of these modlets on their own computer can decide for themselves which NPC('s) they want removed from the game.

Updated the main post above with the new download links, and modified the installation and uninstall instructions accordingly.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I strongly encourage anyone wanting to install and use any of these modlets to first REMOVE the previous all-in-one REALITY CHECK modlet, by simply removing the rev678_reality_check folder from the Mods folder. Failure to do will likely result in errors.

Added a modlet to the package for removing radiated animals and zombies. Updated the main post above with the new download links.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I strongly encourage anyone wanting to install and use any of these modlets to first REMOVE the previous all-in-one REALITY CHECK modlet, by simply removing the rev678_reality_check folder from the Mods folder. Failure to do will likely result in errors.

getting this error

on a brand new install

2018-12-31T11:23:22 20.519 WRN XML patch for "entitygroups.xml" from mod "REV6:7-8's Modlet ... REALITY CHECK ... NO SPIDERS" did not apply: <remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup/entity[@name='zombieSpiderRadiated']" 
2018-12-31T11:23:23 20.584 WRN XML patch for "entitygroups.xml" from mod "REV6:7-8's Modlet ... REALITY CHECK ... NO VULTURES" did not apply: <remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup/entity[@name='animalZombieVultureRadiated']"

@OzzFreak,

It's not really an error. It's a warning.

Not everyone who downloads this modlet package installs all of the individual modlets, so I had to make sure that each modlet properly removed all of its type of creatures. So the NO SPIDERS modlet removes regular spiders, feral spiders, and radiated spiders, etc.

What it means in your particular example is that those two items did not get applied (removing zombieSpiderRadiated and animalZombieVultureRadiated) when those two modlets (NO SPIDERS and NO VULTURES) ran, most likely because you also installed NO RADIATED and that modlet already ran before them, alphabetically.

As the NO RADIATED modlet would have removed the zombieSpiderRadiated and animalZombieVultureRadiated previously, those lines in NO SPIDERS and NO VULTURES tried to remove items that were already removed.

This is expected behavior, and doesn't cause any issues in-game.

Hope this clarifies, and cheers!

ok that make alot of sence then

but i also got this error spamed on my log file then server crashed

(Filename:  Line: -1)

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
 at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.UpdateSpawn (.World _world, Single _deltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.Update (.World world, Single _deltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.TickActiveSpawns (Single dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.Tick (Double _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.ComponentsTick (Double _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.Tick (Double dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at World.OnUpdateTick (Single _partialTicks, ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

@OzzFreak,

I'm seeing nothing in your latest error screenshot that really helps me troubleshoot if my modlet(s) are causing your error, or perhaps something else is (like someone else's modlets).

Please try this...

1. Make sure 7DTD is not running.

2. Move all of your existing modlet folders out of your Mods folder, say to your Desktop (TEMPORARILY).

3. Restart the game, and see if you get the error you posted.

4. If so, your copy of 7DTD is pooched, and you'll want to re-install.

5. If not, try ONLY moving my modlet folder(s) back into your Mods folder.

6. Restart the game, and see if you get the error you posted.

7. If so, THEN my modlet(s) are causing your error. If that's the case, please report back here with more details (which modlets you have installed, what game version you're running, PC/MAC/Linux/console, etc), and I'll try to help you.

8. If not, someone else's product(s) are causing your error, and you'll want to pursue the issue further with them.

Edited by rev678 (see edit history)

Rebooting your server alone may not really help me help you troubleshoot this.

When dealing with a complicated equation in mathematics, for example, the first thing you want to do is try to distill the equation down into as few variables as possible. It's the same for technical problems with computer hardware and software.

By first removing all of the modlets or customizations you currently have installed, and then re-launching your game, you can test your base install for proper functionality.

Re-installing modlets or customizations one at a time, and watching for errors, you'll be able to determine what's really causing the problems.

Might have been a one off, i uploaded the modelts 1 at a time let it run a bit. and so far no errors

thanks for your help, i'll be checking logs at night to make sure its still working,, and thanks for this mod

i been playing since A6 before the snow zombies, and i really never liked the rad zeds

Thanks for these great additions to make the game more sane, I love where TFP are going with A17 but some things they have doen along the way always struck me as WTF especially radiated zombies and zombies running lol. I Just also read your other post about Zombie purist thoughts and have to agree with all of it :)

Keep up the good work!

@delukard,

I may add a modlet to remove ferals at some point, but my modlet package does not currently have a modlet to address that at this time.

THAT SAID... you can nerf them for yourself from the game options screens.

A feral zombie runs day or night, and hits a bit harder. Take away the "running," and they're really not all that much harder to deal with than non-ferals.

If you keep an eye on your stamina, non-running ferals are reasonably easy to kite with a bow, or hit and run with melee weapons.

On the BASIC tab, change ZOMBIE FERAL SPEED to WALK, and you now have non-running feral zombies.

makeferalswalk.jpg.b53b6e00772c6b31389f32fc8b9b4b72.jpg

yeah there is a problem when they go to spawn a wandering horde

2019-01-02T19:53:44 7335.293 INF AIDirector: Spawning wandering horde2019-01-02T19:53:44 7335.294 INF AIDirector: FindWanderingHordeTargets at player '[type=EntityPlayer, name=Tyger-Blud, id=9980]', dist 54.13451
2019-01-02T19:53:44 7335.294 INF Party with 3 player(s) has a computed game stage of 8
2019-01-02T19:53:44 7335.294 INF Party members: 
2019-01-02T19:53:44 7335.294 INF Player id 9980 gameStage: 47
2019-01-02T19:53:44 7335.294 INF Player id 9024 gameStage: 81
2019-01-02T19:53:44 7335.294 INF Player id 171 gameStage: 115
InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
 at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.UpdateSpawn (.World _world, Single _deltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.Update (.World world, Single _deltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.TickActiveSpawns (Single dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.Tick (Double _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.ComponentsTick (Double _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.Tick (Double dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at World.OnUpdateTick (Single _partialTicks, ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

then the server just locks up. it went a whole 4 hours no problem, this was jsut after a blood moon horde

only difference i see is in no radiated you have animalZombieVultureRadiated replaced with animalChicken

and in no vultures you have animalZombieVultureRadiated replaced with animalDoe

so 1 rad vulture getting removed and replaced with 2 animals and the system trying to keep it number of animals alive and zombies alive

?? maybe ??

OzzFreak,

I'm not doing a direct substitution of any NPCs in any of the modlets. Two (2) things are happening, speaking strictly about running the NO RADIATED and NO VULTURES modlets within the same game install...

1. I'm removing the NPCs specified from all entity groups in the entitygroups.xml file. In your examples, animalZombieVultureRadiated, (REMEMBER, modlets load ALPHABETICALLY)...

NO RADIATED:

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup/entity[@name=animalZombieVultureRadiated]" />

SUCCESS

NO VULTURES:

<remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup/entity[@name=animalZombieVultureRadiated]" />

THROWS A WARNING THAT THIS IS NOT APPLIED, AS IT'S ALREADY GONE PER NO RADIATED

2. I'm appending an animal only into those entity groups that would be otherwise left empty, because empty entity groups cause issues with entitygroups.xml (and sometimes spawning.xml).

NO RADIATED:

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name=ZombieFeralRadiatedGroup]">

<entity name="animalChicken"/>

</append>

NO VULTURES:

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name=EnemyAnimalsWasteland]">

<entity name="animalDoe"/>

</append>

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name=VultureGroup]">

<entity name="animalDoe"/>

</append>

I'm actually doing "step 2" before "step 1," to ensure that groups are not empty at any point in the load process.

So, if you're running both NO VULTURES and NO RADIATED, the sequence of events is...

1. animalChicken gets appended into the ZombieFeralRadiatedGroup entity group (by NO RADIATED)

2. animalZombieVultureRadiated gets removed from all entity groups (by NO RADIATED)

3. animalDoe gets appended into the EnemyAnimalsWasteland and VultureGroup entity groups (by NO VULTURES)

4. animalZombieVultureRadiated is ATTEMPTED to be removed (by NO VULTURES), but throws a warning because it's already removed per NO RADIATED.

That's it. That's as complicated as those two modlets get, including their interactions between them.

In your particular situation, where you suspect modlets to be the culprit for your server crash(es), once again, I would advise you to go back through the troubleshooting steps I outlined for you previously (stopping the game/server, removing all mods/customizations, testing the base install for proper function and/or re-installing your base install, re-adding modlets one by one, re-starting the game, carefully watching the error console, checking for proper functionality, stopping the game, rinse and repeat).

I can only speak with any authority about what MY modlets do and how they interact with the base/vanilla 7DTD Alpha 17 install, not about how other modlet(s) from other author(s) may cause unexpected situations. Maybe try running your game/server with only my modlets, no other modlets or customizations, and see if you get the same issues. If so, then my modlets may be culprit. If not, you'll want to take the issue up with the author(s) of the offending modlet(s).

When in doubt, strip it out. Try to remove as many variables as you can while trying to troubleshoot this issue. Otherwise, I might be trying to troubleshoot someone else's mistakes, or vice versa.

only difference i see is in no radiated you have animalZombieVultureRadiated replaced with animalChicken

and in no vultures you have animalZombieVultureRadiated replaced with animalDoe

so 1 rad vulture getting removed and replaced with 2 animals and the system trying to keep it number of animals alive and zombies alive

?? maybe ??

prior to this i had no dogs no radiated and no vultrues going for 2 blood mons no problem, then this just happened for no reason. i havent changed any mods since yesterday.

... and what mods did you change yesterday? The devil is in the details. Please be as specific as you can.

- - - Updated - - -

After decades of providing IT support, one thing is pretty certain. When a customer tells me "it was working great, but I changed XYZ yesterday and now it's not," XYZ probably broke it.

... and what mods did you change yesterday? The devil is in the details. Please be as specific as you can.

- - - Updated - - -

After decades of providing IT support, one thing is pretty certain. When a customer tells me "it was working great, but I changed XYZ yesterday and now it's not," XYZ probably broke it.

https://csmm.catalysm.net/

is the only thing changed

only mods intalled are

Allocs

csmm

No rad

No Dogs

No Vultures

screenshot-143.png

https://csmm.catalysm.net/

is the only thing changed

In situations where everything was working before one thing was changed, I would start by removing that one thing and re-testing.

If you've tried the troubleshooting steps I've outlined a couple of times now, without success, and are still having this particular issue, then perhaps this modlet package may not be a good fit within your existing setup.

Maybe try stripping what you believe to be the offending modlets (i.e., my reality check modlet package) from your installation, and running the game for a similar period of time with a similar load (player logins) as you did when you encountered the issues. If removing my modlets from your server and running the game for an extended period of time does NOT produce similar error conditions, then my modlets were definitely to blame, and you should cease using them in your environment.

THAT SAID, if removing my modlets from your server and running the game for an extended period of time DOES produce similar error conditions, then my modlets were definitely NOT to blame, and you should contact the author(s) of the other modlet(s) and/or customization(s).

If you end up being the only person to have and/or report this particular error condition to me, then I may not be able to dedicate my time and energies to helping you troubleshoot this much further. In that case, it may be beneficial for you remove those modlets from your server, to ensure the continued accessibility and reliability of your server environment for your customer/player base.

That's the beauty of free software. If it doesn't work as well for you as it does for other people, you can always remove it and try something else.