Thoughts on my base design?

InSanity

So I've been playing a lot of b221 and I'm now about to face my second horde with my brand new base so I was wondering what you guys think of it and if you have any suggestions for it (practical or aesthetic). I spent most of my first week looting and doing trader quests so I got to around level 30 by the first horde night, which I spent on top of a working stiffs, but my second week I spent mostly crafting and building my base and so now I'm sitting at level 44 on nomad with a gamestage of 80+ for the horde night. The current plan is just sit in the bottom, open all the garage doors to let them in, and shoot at them with all the guns and ammo I have amassed and if need be I can go on the catwalks/ramparts and throw some molotovs/pipebombs at them as well.

20181214142708_1.jpg.32fdfdd5a1eab460eb99aa2a00979ed0.jpg

20181214142802_1.jpg.b36ba2195d2ad77254bf46f440e61f38.jpg

looks good. I have more or less the same setup, minus the outer castle wall (central tower with a moat of spikes). The only difference with mine is it's solid until block height 9. Mine has made it to day 28 no problem on solo with default settings.

They will break the weakest block in their path and then all will follow this path. Means 99.9 % of your spikes will do nothing.

Walls are not high enough against spiders (are they 8 High ?)

No defense against Vultures on the walls

Finally not possible to tell what happens by this 2 pics. Can be over after 2 Minutes or you survive

To kill a flagstone ONE zombie needs 20 seconds

As mentioned by a few, It's probably an inefficient design vs. the new AI....looks like the best hybrid between "this design makes sense" and "this design doesn't get crushed by the new AI" is a raised base with a pathway...not on stilts, but like a 4-high solid block with your base on top...and a defensible path leading to a drawbridge or traps that you can defend for a while before collapsing/raising the bridge.

That being said, your base LOOKS awesome. props to you for sure on the cool looking design.

So I just finished the horde night, which only contained a couple cops and dogs besides normal zombies, and using only my bow, a crappy pistol and some shots with an ak I took out the whole horde in like 2 in-game hours. After all that they destroyed about 20 or so of the wood spikes, 5 or 6 of the iron spikes and did absolutely zero block damage at all.

Finished the day 21 horde now with much the same result, I left the outer wall flagstone as that looks better for a castle wall in my opinion and once you open the garage doors they never touch it so the hitpoints don't really matter. I did upgrade the inner block to cobblestone and then the actual bunker to concrete along with upgrading all the spikes infront of the garage doors to iron as those are the only spikes they actually run over. I was at level 62 on nomad with a gamestage of 117 and I only got a couple cops/dogs/soldiers/construction workers but all I used was 85 fire arrows and 1 clip from my unmodded ak and they destroyed 20 or so iron spikes and again did absolutely zero block damage so I'm confident I'll last another couple of hordes :)

20181217024053_1.thumb.jpg.32009a272db29478948b62106a972bae.jpg

Archived