fail a night horde. What to do?

Linkhead2

What is the meter down in the right corner for?

That's the durability of his bike. Think of it as the bikes health. As you run over and hit stuff with the vehicle it's durability will go down until it either breaks or you repair it. Just like your weapons and tools

This whole entire thread reminds me of why i lost interest in the game.

A) you're wrong on player aquisition, if you look at the stats, the number of concurrent has gone up every alpha. You're the only ones bitching. the ones who like a challenge and don't want every single game to be minecraft are just simply playing and enjoying it.

b) If you don't like DYING in game called 7 DAYS TO DIE, then, I suggest minecraft.

c) you're all extremely wrong and you think the world revolves around your ♥♥♥♥ty playstyle. I left minecraft bc of no challenge, started 7 days at alpha 13, then all the babies started whining and they dumbed the game down into easy town. All the good long term players left, leaving a bunch of children and adult children playing the game, bitching that zombies can find them

d) ITS CALLED 7 DAYS TO DIE, NOT 7 DAYS TO HIDE UNDERGROUND OR ON A ROOFTOP.

the 7 days fanbase has gone to ♥♥♥♥, I've never seen so much whining about EASY ASS GAMEPLAY. waaaah. They better keep the game where it is, or its gonna get taken over by kids who want a bunch of skins and a free game with no purpose or challenge.

Seriously. Alpha 17 IS NOT hard, you just can't be STUPID. It's a zombie apocalypse. not barbies build a house adventure. There is a million give you everything instant gratification games out there, play those, leave this game to the people who want a SURVIVAL TOWER DEFENSE GAME, as it's listed on steam.

That's the durability of his bike. Think of it as the bikes health. As you run over and hit stuff with the vehicle it's durability will go down until it either breaks or you repair it. Just like your weapons and tools

Did TFP change the minibike UI on the HUD for A17? I don't remember it looking like that.

Agreed. I found that a death late in week 1 basically made my character level 1 again by reducing all stats to 1. It was exceedingly frustrating and is a terrible way to implement a death penalty. Then it lasts for half an hour (it was an hour for me, which ended my play of that version of A17 as I didn’t want to face horde night with no skills).

Many games have implemented an XP debt system that slows down leveling until you pay off the debt. I’d think that something along those lines would be a good way to put a penalty on death without making it to frustrating. I’d also suggest a cap on the amount of debt (probably based on the XP required for your next level so it scales up) so that someone repeatedly dying on a horde night doesn’t get screwed for the rest of their game.

Instead of a death punishment, I think a reward for not dieing would be a much better idea.

This whole entire thread reminds me of why i lost interest in the game.

A) you're wrong on player aquisition, if you look at the stats, the number of concurrent has gone up every alpha. You're the only ones bitching. the ones who like a challenge and don't want every single game to be minecraft are just simply playing and enjoying it.

b) If you don't like DYING in game called 7 DAYS TO DIE, then, I suggest minecraft.

c) you're all extremely wrong and you think the world revolves around your ♥♥♥♥ty playstyle. I left minecraft bc of no challenge, started 7 days at alpha 13, then all the babies started whining and they dumbed the game down into easy town. All the good long term players left, leaving a bunch of children and adult children playing the game, bitching that zombies can find them

d) ITS CALLED 7 DAYS TO DIE, NOT 7 DAYS TO HIDE UNDERGROUND OR ON A ROOFTOP.

the 7 days fanbase has gone to ♥♥♥♥, I've never seen so much whining about EASY ASS GAMEPLAY. waaaah. They better keep the game where it is, or its gonna get taken over by kids who want a bunch of skins and a free game with no purpose or challenge.

Seriously. Alpha 17 IS NOT hard, you just can't be STUPID. It's a zombie apocalypse. not barbies build a house adventure. There is a million give you everything instant gratification games out there, play those, leave this game to the people who want a SURVIVAL TOWER DEFENSE GAME, as it's listed on steam.

Hmmm, I think you have anger management problems. So many destructive comments instead of instructive comments.

Just use POI's for your first and second horde night. Nerd pole up the side of a sturdy large building and make sure there is no way for them to get up there. Novice players will be fine still hiding while they get the feel of things. If you woke up naked in the forest and the world had turned to zombies would you tie a rock to a stick and try build a house with it first?

No.. you would scavenge ez stuff for clothes and food while you tried to find a spot keep your stuff where the Z's cant get you. Then you would realize that things are getting worse after the first BM horde. You would see the damage to the building and realize you need to have a stash spot for your valuables and a place you can defend the next time that crazy moon shows up. You would scavenge or make tools the best you could and either upgrade a structure or build one of your own if you had the know-how and materials.

You would play it as safe as possible as a new player, not knowing jack about the game or how the zombie ai acts. You would come close to death from mistakes that you would never make again because its not worth it. And it shouldnt be without heavy consequences for making mistakes in survival/zombie apocalypse situation. Dying respawning constantly without consequence is called "insert generic FPS game name here"

If you start out and run into the creepiest looking barricaded house thats falling apart or the places that have "You will die" or other ominous messages on them or just look sketchy af, or have giant hole ripped in the side of them from zombies taking residence there (these are all big clues that the place is not for nekkid new adventurers) you will probably run into more trouble you can handle.

One of the great things about this game is you can play it safe for a long time, build you character and your base. Then go out and be Rambo on a mission to kill every zombie on the planet if you want and never die. Or you can go be Rambo asap and probably die.

If you travel slowly you can hear wolves before they ever spot you. Dog packs even, you can hear coming and run a little ways away, quickly crouching unless one is nipping at your heels already and be just fine. Pop them from far off then run some and crouch again, pop em again. Without any defenses or decent weapons, and be fine. If you put the first 5 points into perking 2 levels of Rule 1 you can run off the aggro of anything in the wild in most cases, unless you got caught with low stamina or no water on belt. There is lots of amazing games that are hard af and have a high learning curve, wish there was more.. but this one is maybe on the bottom 1/2 of that list of games.

Game mechanics take time to learn no matter the game. If they didnt, they would suck, unless you are into mindless clickers or something, thats on you.

Survival games should absolutely have stiff death penalties. Its the entire idea of them to NOT die. Ya know, "surviving" is key to survival. But even if you die, worst case scenario, You go organize your chests, or cook some food, map out what you will spend you next skill points on depending on your current circumstances, do some mining it a safe spot, read a "worthless" magazine that restores your perk points in the area you need atm.

Or if you cant handle any of that, go stretch you legs for 30 mins and take a break from the game. Reflect on what you could have done to not die. Regardless, there is multitude of things you can do for 30 minutes in game or out if you fail at surviving.

If you are just letting yourself die at high level just to teleport. You failed. Start over. Your playthrough is trash :p jk kinda

Your bedroll spawn vanished, i would guess in a similar manner as mine, even though you didn't pick up your bedroll. Don't know what does that, but picking it up and placing down again solves the problem.

Happened to me once too. I noticed that you can't see your bedroll marker on the compass HUD anymore when this happens.

Agreed. I found that a death late in week 1 basically made my character level 1 again by reducing all stats to 1. It was exceedingly frustrating and is a terrible way to implement a death penalty. Then it lasts for half an hour (it was an hour for me, which ended my play of that version of A17 as I didn’t want to face horde night with no skills).

Many games have implemented an XP debt system that slows down leveling until you pay off the debt. I’d think that something along those lines would be a good way to put a penalty on death without making it to frustrating. I’d also suggest a cap on the amount of debt (probably based on the XP required for your next level so it scales up) so that someone repeatedly dying on a horde night doesn’t get screwed for the rest of their game.

Death penalty seems more of a psychological barrier than a real one. It simply isn't true that you are level 1 again because the perks are never reduced to 0. And at the end of week 1 basically the same zombies are still walking around that you encountered at day 1. If you can't go outside at the end of the week with many of the perks still there, how could you go outside on day 1 or 2?

Just use POI's for your first and second horde night. Nerd pole up the side of a sturdy large building and make sure there is no way for them to get up there. Novice players will be fine still hiding while they get the feel of things. If you woke up naked in the forest and the world had turned to zombies would you tie a rock to a stick and try build a house with it first?

No.. you would scavenge ez stuff for clothes and food while you tried to find a spot keep your stuff where the Z's cant get you. Then you would.....

.....kill your first zombie and wonder what the heck that sound was and why you have choice on what to getter better at by ::poof:: magic! Then you would go on ravenous zombie murder spree to AKWIRE ALL THEE NOWLEDGESES!!@!!

ftfy lol

All joking aside, I get what you're saying.

One of the great things about this game is you can play it safe for a long time, build you character and your base. Then go out and be Rambo on a mission to kill every zombie on the planet if you want and never die. Or you can go be Rambo asap and probably die.

100% agree

.....kill your first zombie and wonder what the heck that sound was and why you have choice on what to getter better at by ::poof:: magic! Then you would go on ravenous zombie murder spree to AKWIRE ALL THEE NOWLEDGESES!!@!!

ftfy lol

All joking aside, I get what you're saying.

100% agree

haha good one

I restarted with the new experimental and started off with a small "base" similar to what i did last time. Big enough open field to look around, cobble pillars and a small wooden "box" on top. Proved useful the last time, will be this time.

Comparing 7DTD to Minecraft is tough on so many levels. Recently decided to check out MC and after a few hours made a stupid mistake, dying a few times and losing all of my gear because i couldn't get my gear in time or it fell into lava. It was way more frustrating than 30 minutes "a little lower skills". Additionally, when the timer hits 25 minutes you get -2 attributes and on 15 minutes you get -1 (need to verify it, as it's similar to -2 attributes on 58 minutes in the past). But i recently seen only a -1 at around 11 minutes, so i'm pretty sure about that.

Apart from that, there are many examples of people (including me) that were able to run around during BloodMoon. It's not for everyone and it's better to be well prepared, but still... The least you could do is make a few "skyways" on pillars, jumping from one to the other with only one way onto the current "skyway". This way you could gather Zs on one, jump to another and watch as they go down the same way (or jump down) and try running up the current (need to test this...).

Archived