Showerthoughts... Your idea of the END GAME

Randomdude

Been thinking about this for a while... What would be my perfect end game for this game.

Here's how I would do it:

Endgame would be to try to build/repair a huge plane, that you need to find, to get out and "win" the map. (Maybe get to somewhere where the rest of the survivors are?) You would have to find the parts and books to "learn" how to fix it.

There would be 4 main zombie spawners in the world all around the map. Each control a big radius where every 7 days they go active and spawn what you now know as 7 day Hordes.

The closer you get to them, the more feral and deadly zombies you will find. (Every spawner would be guarded by a mini-bosses if they were to be added) If destroyed you get 7 days without a horde in that big chunk of the map, giving you time to go and loot/find the pieces for the plane. (normal zombies would still roam, just no 7 day or roaming horde) Trying to go kill one should NOT be easy and probably be left for mid-game or when you feel decently geared.

You could be able to create/find/buy some kind of detection device that will let you drive around and detect if there is a spawner near. The red horde sky when near a spawner would let you know you’re near one too.

All of this would be, of course, mid-to late game when you have transportation to travel across the map. (Probably more suited for multiplayer but still very doable in SP)

There’s more, but in a nutshell…

What would be YOUR ideal end game.

Do you think the game should have one or just survive as long as you can?

Feel free to "fix" what my idea is and add your own thoughts or scrap it completely for yours.

Inb4 dragons, raids and treasures!

To be honest, in a nutshell, I would prefer a more organic end-game, with many factors of randomness, that could be adapted in a completely random map, no mini-bosses, but "events" leading to one or more event branches with different outcomes, getting triggered in specific ranges of GS levels, like in Subnautica, but not "fixed", with a chain objective that is not obvious from the start.

I never put much stock in the idea of endgame when it comes to 7days to die, its a sandbox (maybe less so now) so your endgame (hell the entire game) is what you make of it.

As far as what i enjoy in 7days overall?

Looting and combat are fun but the main meat and potatoes for me is building a base (diffrent designs, sizes, functions) and defending it against hordes of zombies.

Rimworld felt a bit flat for me, spending all that time gathering and building to just fly away, didn't feel satisfactory.

Always felt bandits and taking out the big boss would be like an end game, but I'm old school.

Maybe add in helping NPC's rebuild a town, getting materials for them and watch the town grow, but not crap like State of Decay. Help defend it from zombies and bandits. Then maybe move onto the next town, slowly rebuilding the map. So different win conditions, help survivors rebuild take over map or destroy the bandits and boss.

Then for the final final boss, we have to fight the giant zombie-dragon-vulture-pig....

Rimworld felt a bit flat for me, spending all that time gathering and building to just fly away, didn't feel satisfactory.

Agree, after all that work, loss, tears and punching the keyboard, you press the "launch" button and credits roll. Felt rushed...

Maybe add in helping NPC's rebuild a town, getting materials for them and watch the town grow, but not crap like State of Decay. Help defend it from zombies and bandits. Then maybe move onto the next town, slowly rebuilding the map.

Or like Terraria, where you find survivors and ask them to live with you.

I really like this! +1

Yeah, well, I had a blast luring naive travelers to my sterilized, for some reason, "guest rooms", then giving them anesthetic, performing surgeries on them, selling their organs to space pirates and buying bionics, slowly becoming a full cyborg :p

The way I imagine it is reclaiming the world. Probably impossible if you aren't on a big server that has active players 24/7.

Here's how it's done.

Eatch biome has different difficulties with different tier zombies.

Plains being the easy and radiated yhe hardest.

First goal is to clear a city block. That gives you access to radio so survivors can be spawned. Take them in and they can work for you. But you have to keep them safe and happy.

If zombies are let in infection starts to spread and you can lose all your survivors.

When you think you can manage the block you expand till you have secured a whole city.

Same rules applies but the scale makes it very hard to maintain.

When one city is secured you can set up outpost to secure a larger area till you get to next town. Repeated the process till you have secured the whole map.

The higher teir biomes will of course be much harder to secure. And with gamestage this will become nearly impossible.

Which will lead to HC players comparing stats and progress.

Agree, after all that work, loss, tears and punching the keyboard, you press the "launch" button and credits roll. Felt rushed...

Or like Terraria, where you find survivors and ask them to live with you.

I really like this! +1

Yes exactly. Carbonkid put it nicely into detail. I'm really hoping they can take it to that level, 7dtd would be the game of games.

Yeah, well, I had a blast luring naive travelers to my sterilized, for some reason, "guest rooms", then giving them anesthetic, performing surgeries on them, selling their organs to space pirates and buying bionics, slowly becoming a full cyborg :p

I worded it badly, the whole game was very fun and engaging, agree it made me do some very questionable things too :) But to just fly away after all the hard work felt flat. It's been a while though I think there's different win conditions now, travel to a specific point in the map? Haven't played in a while.

I never thought about 7 days to die as an early/mid/endgame sort of game. To me this great zombie apocalypse simulation TFP's has created has one goal in mind. To kill me.

The endgame so to speak, is another day of life. I've I survived another night and hear that chime sound that the day has started, I feel like I have won.

The game ramps up difficulty and at some point I know it will kill me. Expecting to survive 100, 200 or more days is just not something I consider.

Anyways that's my perspective on the game.

My personal preference would be a of a unwinnable game that eventually concludes with your complete destruction. There are more and more hordes coming to your base. At some point something triggers the ''end game event''. The game switches to ''endless night mode'' where your death becomes permanent. An endless torrent of zombie that would never stop rushes your base until you die. Then you have a score board and you get points for how long you lasted. Now that would be a blast.

Y

I worded it badly, the whole game was very fun and engaging, agree it made me do some very questionable things too :) But to just fly away after all the hard work felt flat. It's been a while though I think there's different win conditions now, travel to a specific point in the map? Haven't played in a while.

When I played it (no mods), if I'm not mistaken, you could use the rocket to travel to other planets.

It exists now more than ever before with some POI's being harder to clear and the result.......everyone is crying that they cannot clear a POI while naked and holding a club. People like ideas when they are in their heads, not so much when implemented and they have to do some work overcoming game difficulty.

It exists now more than ever before with some POI's being harder to clear and the result.......everyone is crying that they cannot clear a POI while naked and holding a club. People like ideas when they are in their heads, not so much when implemented and they have to do some work overcoming game difficulty.

I dont think clearing poi's counts as end game. End game for me is when you have done everything else. Maxed your character got all the gear.

What we got now is a longer early and mid game.

High lvl GS is as close we get to endgame right now.

When I played it (no mods), if I'm not mistaken, you could use the rocket to travel to other planets.

Didn't know that, I should boot it up sometime. I remember enjoying the game but never returned to it much, think there was just too much micromanaging for me, and probably 7dtd. Also I think it's a good example of a game having too many options, feels a chore just to setup a game.

A game I always go back to is FTL, I like harsh rng, kit out yr ship along the way and take on the boss. Simple yet so satisfying, it's probably me just having a thing for end game bosses.

My personal preference would be a of a unwinnable game that eventually concludes with your complete destruction. There are more and more hordes coming to your base. At some point something triggers the ''end game event''. The game switches to ''endless night mode'' where your death becomes permanent. An endless torrent of zombie that would never stop rushes your base until you die. Then you have a score board and you get points for how long you lasted. Now that would be a blast.

Sounds interesting. A new game mode, get to day 50 / 100 or whatever and it triggers. Bandits, zombies, graboids (i can hope), everything just comes at you till you die. Then try and beat yr score. Might make me build a giant base for once.

I never thought about 7 days to die as an early/mid/endgame sort of game. To me this great zombie apocalypse simulation TFP's has created has one goal in mind. To kill me.

The endgame so to speak, is another day of life. I've I survived another night and hear that chime sound that the day has started, I feel like I have won.

The game ramps up difficulty and at some point I know it will kill me. Expecting to survive 100, 200 or more days is just not something I consider.

Anyways that's my perspective on the game.

Spending like 40-50 real life hours just for my inevitable demise no matter what I do is not something I would like. But I do understand your view and respect your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW didn't expect this... theres 2 people already who believe this. A game that you will eventually lose but its about how far you get.

Ok, ty for posting. :)

A game I always go back to is FTL, I like harsh rng, kit out yr ship along the way and take on the boss. Simple yet so satisfying, it's probably me just having a thing for end game bosses.

FTL is one of the most brilliant low-budget indies ever made. Try Binding of Isaac if you haven't as well.

FTL is one of the most brilliant low-budget indies ever made. Try Binding of Isaac if you haven't as well.

Agreed. (haven't played Binding)

For me, Don't Starve. Same as FTL, SUPER re playable and with active threats that will keep you on your toes even if you're a veteran.

Is there even an end game?

I mean, you level up, you gather materials, build things, zombies knock down things, you rebuild things, rinse repeat.

- P

So if they balanced and fixed bugs of this A17, you would be fine this being the final version?

Serious question.

I'd just be happy with increasingly difficult challenges on the map. Right now, you encounter pretty much the same stuff regardless of where you are in the map. I don't think that's really possible right now with the sandbox design of the game though. Maybe one day with the game has better mod support and things like custom maps happen. Empyrion comes to mind because there are tools available to create procedurally generated maps.

I think it's sufficient for the game to be open ended. You just quit when you're satisfied.

If we wanted more content, it could take the form of insanely OP bosses which you do something to summon when you want a challenge. Not necessary though.

Or once you reach a certain stage the game goes into a higher mode permanently (running zombies etc)

i like this idea. even more than mine.

my picture of the endgame was to reach gs 500 (or something atrocious) and survive a blood moon horde. time stops and the blood moon doesnt end until all zombies in that wave are destroyed. if the horde at gamestage 1000 doesnt kill you then there really isnt much left for you this game. but, take out the horde, and the game starts you a new world on the next harder difficulty with some sort of reward (a modified golden stone axe or something. mostly symbolic but also sort of useful to start).

Archived