Oh look, zombie horde!

chinothepony

A16: "Oh man, get out of here. Don't have time for this. Half of them are probably going to drop sham sandwiches anyway."

A17: "OMG Horde! [stops Bike] Going to murder every last one of you!"

(I even take out the vultures way high in the sky)

Any other behavior changes from A16 to 17?

A16: "Oh man, get out of here. Don't have time for this. Half of them are probably going to drop sham sandwiches anyway."

A17: "OMG Horde! [stops Bike] Going to murder every last one of you!"

(I even take out the vultures way high in the sky)

Any other behavior changes from A16 to 17?

Alpha 17. Oh cool I just got mad levels off that zombie horde. Oh more screamers? Oh crap, irradiated weights? Oh crap my gamestage is screwed now 🤨

A16: High gamestage, day 700, one radiated cop during blood moon night

A17: High gamestage, day 70, 2 cops, 3 vultures and a feral nurse kill me during the day in the middle of the street.

Literally Day 2 in Navezgane, 3 person MP on my dedicated server. We go to clear out the Poppin Pills in Diersville and from the roof come 2-3 Radiated Wights, a few Feral Big Mommas, a handful of Feral Nurses, some Bikers.... Day 2 like WTF. I had to nerdpole/stairstep the side of the building just to survive until they lost interest. Definitely the craziest day 2 in my 7DTD tenure lmao.

A16: Just found a new city to the west, ripe for looting! Woohoo! More gun safes? I can progress my firepower! Woohoo.

A17: Meh. I have everything already and it's maxed since I could make it all once I hit level 100 and I need NOTHING; just ignore it

and then

A16: Yes! Found a gun safe!

A17: Pfft that'll take 30 seconds to open and we don't need anything in it anyway coz we are already maxed out, ignore it

and

A16: Look! A Stag! Let's hunt it so we can make more Stew and increase Wellness

A17: Please don't bring back any more Meat there's no room left in our food storage box; if only we actually needed to eat some of this stuff...

and finally

A16: Yes! OMG!!! Found the mini-bike BP / level 600 shotgun part / a Magnum!!

A17: Yes! Found Glue!!

A16: High gamestage, day 700, one radiated cop during blood moon night

A17: High gamestage, day 70, 2 cops, 3 vultures and a feral nurse kill me during the day in the middle of the street.

Meh. Gamestage 85, day 17. Irratiated cop, 2 irratiated weights and some dogs. At my front door. Didnt end well.

A16: Just found a new city to the west, ripe for looting! Woohoo! More gun safes? I can progress my firepower! Woohoo.

A17: Meh. I have everything already and it's maxed since I could make it all once I hit level 100 and I need NOTHING; just ignore it

and then

A16: Yes! Found a gun safe!

A17: Pfft that'll take 30 seconds to open and we don't need anything in it anyway coz we are already maxed out, ignore it

and

A16: Look! A Stag! Let's hunt it so we can make more Stew and increase Wellness

A17: Please don't bring back any more Meat there's no room left in our food storage box; if only we actually needed to eat some of this stuff...

and finally

A16: Yes! OMG!!! Found the mini-bike BP / level 600 shotgun part / a Magnum!!

A17: Yes! Found Glue!!

Sadly pretty accurate.

Zombies:

A16: Avoid because i am wasting arrows.

A17: Come here you darn sweet XP pinatas.

Screamer:

A16: O, ffs, i hate screamers. I am trying to build here, get lost!!! Sneak, shoot. ♥♥♥♥, she screamed.

A17: Scream baby, scream. Scream some more!!!

Dead Zombies:

A16: Runs, looks down to loot ( even crappy zombies ), get hits in the back by silent zombie.

A17: Quick look, no bag, .. look around for the next XP pinata. O hello, come and meet my stick.

Horde Night:

A16: ♥♥♥♥, ♥♥♥♥, need to loot those soldier, workers, etc zombies. They got the really good loot

A17: Who cares ... just kill as many as possible for XP.

Base building:

A16: Running out of time, need a base. Running out of time ... build, gather, build, gather...

A17: Pffff, they are going to breach anyway or i need a lot resources. Just use a POI for the night. Just more free XP...

POI:

A16: Not really worth it after day 5. Annoying with re-spawning Zombies.

A17: Not really worth it, just good for loot bags to sell to the trader. Traps? So predictable. Darn, did the Zombies have babies in this house or where do those 40+ zombies come from! So unrealistic ...

Trader:

A16: What do you got? Mja ... most things i can make myself. That iron or steel shovel is not bad but the rest... Crossbow maybe...

A17: Where are all the traders... I need to sell you lots of stuff. So annoying to make things myself with even more level gates, just buy buy buy.

It also breaks the immersion feeling because now it feels like there is a trader every few km. The world does not feel isolated.

Stamina:

A16: Do some work, wait a few second, lots of work done again. Feeling of accomplishment.

A17: Do some w... ♥♥♥♥, already 0... ♥♥♥♥, so dangerous. Wait a few seconds, do some w... Zero again ... come on, how i am supposed to get building done. *sigh*, lets go XP pinata hunting for levels so i can get some perk to get some work done.

Bolders so far between, underground is not safe to work at night because one digging zombie makes non-stop noise!!! So few resources underground anymore. Feels unsatisfied...

Dogs / Wolfs:

A16: So annoying to have dog hordes. I hate how they spawn so close on day 5 etc...

A17: O ffs, dogs and wolf hordes are you kidding me. Do they clone each other! What is up with these annoying 4 legged runners.

Dying:

A16: F.ck, just lost 10 stamina and health. That is me getting 10% less efficient and it take a lot of work to get those points back. Careful not to die.

A17: Die, ... O just wait a day in-game ( now shorter ) and back to full efficiency. Dying has become more of a annoyance then danger. Sense of danger is simply gone.

Game stage high:

A16: Maybe its worth sacrificing 10 points to reduce this insane level.

A17: Die, die, die ... la la la ... who cares anyway. The game levels those stages so fast anyway and dying has no real consequences.

Dessert / Cold:

A16: Need to remember to carry puffy coat in the cold area. Need to be sure that i am almost naked in the desert ( or cowboy hat etc ).

A17: O ffs, what is up with this strange cold / heat protection system. I can walk between cold and desert without changing any clothing. Realism really took a nosedive.

Exploring:

A16: Get some coffee or other stamina regeneration. Do not like this place to build. Run to find a good spot. Fun, exploring feeling, seeing a lot of areas.

A17: Run ... stop ... run ... stop ... run ... stop. Where are those ffs bicycles that the developers added to the game to make early traveling worth it. O wait, its level gated! O ffs!! Really!!! You are kidding me, i need to spend how many days killing Zombies just to get a bicycle!

Sleepers:

A16: First version of sleepers. Kind of sucks because we are getting a lot of sleepers in home. Not exactly the promised corpses can be sleepers in game, for that bit of extra excitement.

A17: Sleepers left, sleepers right, sleepers with 3 or 5 in one cabinet's. Sleepers in the rafters. Sleepers everywhere. How many people lived in this house ffs! Did they hold conventions in these houses or what. So unrealistic. Where is that realistic sleeper system that was promised!

O ffs: i said no daytime runners but hey, nothing more fun then running ferals on day 5!

Electricity:

A16: Yes, electricity opens up so many possibility. Its a bit limited but boy can i see a great future. Food spoiling + electricity = fridges. Maybe ovens for better foods. Potential for another level instead of stone/iron/steel, we can have stone/iron/power tools. Power tools that use batteries, so we need to explore for gas for our generators ( thinking subnautica like gameplay ).

A17: ... Heuuuu ... Nothing has changed. Its now even more simplified because engine quality does not even matter anymore.

Weapons:

A16: O yes, i finally have all the parts for a working gun. Ammo is scares, keep using the bow as long as i need. Maybe sell those crappy handguns but keep the parts for all the good guns. They are useful!

A17: Weapons left, weapons right, RPGs on day 5. This game must really play out in the US. Sell, sell, sell! Plenty more where those came from.

Content:

A16: We got electricity, this is major for future mid to late content. Behemoth is not yet in game but boy will that be scary.

A17: Wait, where is our new content? Bicles and Cars. Do not care about the gyro. But where is the real content? It feels like a lot of content has been stripped away. It has!!!! Where is my expanded electricity, where is the new mid or late level content. Where are the new enemies... Everything feels deliberately slowed down ... O you are to be kidding me. They simply slowed down the start of the game, to hide the fact there is nothing new content wise down the line. That is really fun when modders even make balanced content faster then TFPs. O wait, they broke bandits so modders can not even use bandits anymore. They also trashed the old code, so modders can not go back to progressive skills. I give up ...

A16: Playing other people's mods, content with base game to a large degree.

A17: Learning to mod because I'm not content with base game to a large degree.

However, I want them to keep to their guns and don't go back on systems because that just furthers the time where they can start adding new stuff to the game instead of reinventing the wheel. Hence me learning to mod to take care of my own gripes to let them do what they need to do get through this redesign phase (that has lasted 5 years) and into a more final client so for once and for all the real modders can get busy giving us our dream game.

Archived