Progression is completely scrambled

Viktoriusiii

I am quite sure they aren't. But then again it seems they hadn't thought everything through and now they are balancing xp sources and traders to make up for it. Hope they will also revisit loot lists.

Agree. Anyone remember A16 experimental and all the stuff that was wildly out of balance at the beginning? Was it nests, first too few, then too much? At least the last two alpha releases were thrown out at us at the earliest possible moment. Not a complaint, just fact.

One thing they surely will do is to have lower tier mods much easier to get (hopefully by making recipes for lower tier mods findable in bookshops more often).

Why? Because now a tier 3 weapon is as good as tier 6 for a loooong time. And that is clearly not a balance anyone wants.

Another thing to think about is people are assuming they'll be able to get their corpse back/play with drop only toolbelt or backpack.

What if you can't get to your corpse? What about destroy on death setting? Keeping spare weapons and armor suddenly becomes much more important.

I'm still not finding enough ammo and combined with the guns ♥♥♥♥ty damage I still don't feel I can use any gun as my primary weapon, certainly not before chemistry unlock.

This info might interest you: The timer on your backpack is only advancing when the chunk it is in is loaded (in b208 already or in the next exp. release), i,e, a player is in that area. In general it means you have a lot of time to get your backpack back.

On ammo: The interesting thing is that without mods installed and advanced perks you use up a lot more ammo for the same damage. Someone might think the basic pistol is enough to kill everything, but then the ammo is gone fast.

Guns at low level are for emergencies because they might have higher damage per second but their ammo cost is considerable. As you find more mods you probably will see that a quality 6 weapon with all mod slots occupied saves you a ♥♥♥♥load of ammunition besides the faster kills

Who's really getting excited about finding nerf pistols and smg's on day one, or even the first week or two. The damage on the pistol and SMG are so absurdly low, and ammo expensive. I really only pick up the 9mm weapons to repair and sell to the trader, forget trying to use them you might as well throw rocks at the zombies.

Who's really getting excited about finding nerf pistols and smg's on day one, or even the first week or two. The damage on the pistol and SMG are so absurdly low, and ammo expensive. I really only pick up the 9mm weapons to repair and sell to the trader, forget trying to use them you might as well throw rocks at the zombies.

I do (SMG at least) although yes, it was much more exciting before I realized how bad they still suck (and they've sucked at low levels since skills/perks were a thing). They may actually suck more now. From another thread MM said he has been on Gazz to up the damage 30%, which I think would make them not suck.

Still, it is overall unchanged for me. Low level the guns are for emergency use, because it can still do rapid close range DPS when the ♥♥♥♥ is hitting the fan. I try to reserve the 7.62mm especially for horde night to quickly take down cops/wights/etc. When well established and able to make my own ammo, along with being perked then I start to use the guns more and more for day to day routine.

The pistol actually isn't any worse than any other gun really either, at least low level.

Agree. Anyone remember A16 experimental and all the stuff that was wildly out of balance at the beginning? Was it nests, first too few, then too much? At least the last two alpha releases were thrown out at us at the earliest possible moment. Not a complaint, just fact.

One thing they surely will do is to have lower tier mods much easier to get (hopefully by making recipes for lower tier mods findable in bookshops more often).

Why? Because now a tier 3 weapon is as good as tier 6 for a loooong time. And that is clearly not a balance anyone wants.

This info might interest you: The timer on your backpack is only advancing when the chunk it is in is loaded (in b208 already or in the next exp. release), i,e, a player is in that area. In general it means you have a lot of time to get your backpack back.

On ammo: The interesting thing is that without mods installed and advanced perks you use up a lot more ammo for the same damage. Someone might think the basic pistol is enough to kill everything, but then the ammo is gone fast.

Guns at low level are for emergencies because they might have higher damage per second but their ammo cost is considerable. As you find more mods you probably will see that a quality 6 weapon with all mod slots occupied saves you a ♥♥♥♥load of ammunition besides the faster kills

I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ that a T3 is as good as a T6 for a long time, in fact I prefer it that way. So there goes your argument no one wants it :p

Seriously, unless the primary focus of the game is on guns, then to me less is more. I hate the "reality" argument, but I guess it is still always there, so 1 of my reality peeves; a bullet in the right spot is going to kill anything, doesn't matter if it's a 22, 762 or a shotgun slug. Also that 762 round should do the same damage no matter what gun it comes out of or who fires it. So even accepting that it's a gameplay thing, it's always a minor irritation to me.

So yes, I like the change. The subtle effects of higher quality & design are it breaks less often and you can accessorize it more. Is it amazing or earthshattering? No. Is it still a worthwhile activity to get a top tier and fully mod it out? Yes, even if it isn't "needed" it's still nice to have. No one needs a Ferrari either, but they're sure fun to drive!

I know that, I meant other peoples backpacks :p No, but seriously, there's times when your pack will glitch and vanish (or even not get placed). PVP is customary to loot your kills or not in 7D? (I've not had PVP in 7D)

As far as the perks go, I like the fact that they don't give you more damage. Can accept that just the perception and boom headshot do, which is small and gradual, I can rationalize it as "you're more skilled at finding the critical spot to shoot your target". The other skills still do raise your DPS, just indirectly, situationaly and more subtle.

Archived