Forest and Plains back please!

Steelnlead

Though I'm only starting to get into A17 I already miss the variety of biomes, I really enjoyed the plains and especially the nice lush green forest, it was nice to have a biome that doesn't feel dull and colorless. Well I hope the devs listen to the feedback and perhaps re-instate these biomes here's hoping.

Yeah I'm with you on that one.

I really liked the plains biome.

Not only was it pleasant, it was a really great place to hunt.

You could see deer from way back and it was great for coal as well.

Shame it's gone.

Let's give TFP a chance though.

A17 is far from finished and who knows what's going to happen.

Plains biome from Alpha 10 - Alpha 12 was where it was at. After they flattened it in A13 and onward I wasn't interested.

Yeah, basically this. After a12 the plains was basically the same as moderate desert. Been in the forest ever since, but have played wasteland and burnt a few times for a challenge.

I don´t mind it beeing "useless". Diversity is the point here for me. What´s wrong with different looking biomes? I also miss the 2 kinds of forest.

Kinda dull if every forest looks the same.

Especially as the RWG maps look all the same now. (Wich will hopefully be back to normal again before A17 is in it´s final stable build)

I don´t like the "simplify everything to another generic game" direction we seem to be heading towards right now. Not at all.

Aaaah yeah the good ol' days.

When did you come on board Roland?

Since A1?

I think I got here in A9.

I don't remember playing A8.

I played Alpha 5 for a week before they updated to Alpha 6. It was fine since I wasn't living longer than 4-5 days anyway and even back then I preferred dead is dead and would start anew whenever I died. I remember my biggest worry was whether Alpha 6 would run on my computer or if I would be in that unlucky group of people who always have problems at the beginning of every alpha.

I really miss the boreal forest, god that was comfy.

I love the new trees but the new forest biome just feels like walking through a salad, there's no real character to it. Aside from the improved assets, A16.4 had much better biomes IMO, though A17 has much better shaping/roads of course.

Archived