Max Stamina - suggestion

Muramas

Currently Stamina is tied directly into Food for max Stamina in a 1-1 ratio, this makes any percent in hunger directly affects your stamina.

If this was changed to so you don't start loosing max stamina until around 70~80% this will give you more time to manage food without negative effect, less impact on Stamina but still implement the current system well.

Late game food recovers such a large amount that the game actually forces you to go under max (like bacon and eggs) which will be wasted making me need to loose at least 36 points in max stamina to eat it so this will also fix a part of this issue.

TLDR:

If you have a Max STA 100, you don't start loosing max STA until 80% hunger. Each point of hunger below 80% removes 1.25 max sta.

OP I agree. My fridge is currently full of Bacon and Eggs and Stew and I never eat them. Why would I let my Stamina fall so low that eating these things would be cost effective? I wouldn't ever because then I wouldn't be able to function in the game without extreme frustration (forever out of Stamina). Lesser foods like tin cans I found and Cornbread are far more useful. That's just stoopid.

Personally I'd prefer there to be no stamina loss until you go below 50%, and realistically it should probably be lower. You should be able to eat a big breakfast and just pack a light lunch and some liquids and be good for a day's worth of exploring. That's would close reflect how our bodies work IRL.

As it is now, I have to pack a stack of a dozen plus corn bread or even more baked potatoes to be able to keep my guy in the 80-100% stamina sweet spot. Packing better food like bacon and eggs doesn't work as you have to drop too far before you're not wasting some of the gain.

Either that or pack cooking utensils and hope for some game encounters on the road.

Eating to be over 100% should be an option as well, maybe it should slow you down a bit while you're stuffed, but that would be okay for long exploration runs.

Personally I'd prefer there to be no stamina loss until you go below 50%, and realistically it should probably be lower. You should be able to eat a big breakfast and just pack a light lunch and some liquids and be good for a day's worth of exploring. That's would close reflect how our bodies work IRL.

As it is now, I have to pack a stack of a dozen plus corn bread or even more baked potatoes to be able to keep my guy in the 80-100% stamina sweet spot. Packing better food like bacon and eggs doesn't work as you have to drop too far before you're not wasting some of the gain.

Either that or pack cooking utensils and hope for some game encounters on the road.

Eating to be over 100% should be an option as well, maybe it should slow you down a bit while you're stuffed, but that would be okay for long exploration runs.

I was just suggesting the same thing in another thread.

The new system is by no means horrible, it just needs some tweaking.

After having a few days playing my only real gripe is the max stamina is ALWAYS damaged.

If we just had to keep reasonably well-fed, and that way when you wind up eating food to heal (because you will) you aren't overeating constantly.

IRL - if we at as much as this game requires... We wouldn't be able to move at all! Can you say 20lb turkey a day?!? lol

There wouldn't be any shortage of fertilizer!

With all the games they have taken ideas from, I kind of wish they would take pooping from ARK. My 5th grade sense of humor never lets that get old.

I always wondered who was putting new poops in the toilets, well that and why there was never in the toilet in my house. :D I figured I was constipated from all the antibiotics I'd been taking. I'd go round a month after the first looting run and the toilets would be restocked.

Now no fertilizer and no turds so the only thing I'm fishing for in the porcelain pools is hand guns.

If you have a Max STA 100, you don't start loosing max STA until 80% hunger. Each point of hunger below 80% removes 1.25 max sta.

I would just make meals (recipes you unlock with the 2+ food perk), give some kind of buff just like magazines (which I hate with a passion) now do.

For example, eating steak and potatoes or meat stew would "protect" your max stamina for XX amount of minutes of the day. After the buff is gone, you start losing max stamina normally. If you eat canned or raw food, you gain max stam. but no buff, meaning it'll start to go down as soon as you start doing stuff.

Archived