3 easy tune-ups to make this game fun again

enragedcamel

1. Reduce zombie block damage to A16 levels. With the improved AI going after support beams and walls, increased block damage shouldn't be necessary.

2. Add a "workshop" to every trader that has a forge and a work bench, but make it require completing three quests for them before they unlock the door and let you use it. This should help ease the pains with the level-gating of the forge.

3. Reduce death penalty to 20 minutes, and add a gradual recovery.

1. Unneeded, use traps to slow them down and walls to funnel them, passive A16 style defense will not work.

2. As already mentioned, plenty of POIs with work stations built in them, haven't found any on day one? Keep going.

3. Why? Death is no longer fast travel and actually keeping yourself alife matters and not doing so, also matters. No more progression regardless of how careless you play.

1. Unneeded, use traps to slow them down and walls to funnel them, passive A16 style defense will not work.

Even if you take away their damage bonus, an A16 passive defense wouldn't work, since they would no longer run in circles under you. The problem with the boosted block damage is that they can now go through even reinforced concrete like paper. So your only option is to face them as soon as they spawn. And at that point, what exactly is the point of a base?

I understand the argument against passiveness, but the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction. Walls should have meaning.

2. As already mentioned, plenty of POIs with work stations built in them, haven't found any on day one? Keep going.

Stop being a smartass. I've played for 9 game days and explored more than a dozen POIs. None of them contained a working forge.

3. Why? Death is no longer fast travel and actually keeping yourself alife matters and not doing so, also matters. No more progression regardless of how careless you play.

Because the death penalty takes away your ability to do pretty much anything. You're practically useless for 1 real-life hour.

IMO it would be much better if dying caused you to lose levels, or something along those lines.

I have read this elsewhere, but after 8 hours of playing I've found only two and they were both non-operational.

Stop being a smartass. I've played for 9 game days and explored more than a dozen POIs. None of them contained a working forge.

I feel your pain. I played for like 6 hours and 2 spawns and I never found a working forge. But the handful of cheerleaders who have found 1 or 2 think they are everywhere and people should just find them or git gud.

This reminds me when the schematic for minibikes and the hunting knife were random drops. People would lose their mind trying to find one and complain that they never dropped. But in other games it would be the first schematic. Trying to find a forge is the same thing. Sometimes RNG is kind but a lot of people will struggle until level 20 and never find one. And in any case it shouldn't be level gated.

1. Reduce zombie block damage to A16 levels. With the improved AI going after support beams and walls, increased block damage shouldn't be necessary.

2. Add a "workshop" to every trader that has a forge and a work bench, but make it require completing three quests for them before they unlock the door and let you use it. This should help ease the pains with the level-gating of the forge.

3. Reduce death penalty to 20 minutes, and add a gradual recovery.

1> TOTALLY AGREE with this, the added Intelligence makes them insanely hard, and given block damage they eat through the weakest walls like Startrek Engineers with tricorders... No way they should be that intelligent.. or make them take longer to get through concrete... it's like 6 mins in game to chew up 2 reinforced concrete blocks at least make it 1 hour or two... 10 layers an hour thats 60 layers of concrete around the place to have a chance... even active defense would only drop that to maybe 30 concrete thick... just unreasonable considering the new AI.. its great but lethal.

I threw a rock and waited til they ran for it then I threw another... that would be insane to deter them all night long... even with a buddy blowing them away with 1500 duke rockets...

I bumped my level up to 300 and 1500 game stage at day 700 and they chewed threw things like butter... the only way I was not overrun was using the admin gun just die. needless to say <BALANCE IS NEEDED>

2> I have not found forges except for some of the lodge houses... zero workbenches 3 traders...

3> although I do like the Death has a penalty now.

It should it be like 30 mins and scale for higher levels.. maybe)

0m = 1-5th level

30m = 6-15th level

45m = 16-30th level

1.0 hr = 40-80th level

1.30 =80-100th level

2.0hr = 100-200th level

Archived