Single GPU:

Min:50 FPS

Max:68 FPS

Avg: 62 FPS

2 GPU SLI:

Min:56 FPS (+12%)

Max:119 FPS (+75%)

Avg: 95 FPS (+53%)

So from these numbers it seems SFR is the way to go. From testing i've done in the past the game is very cpu bound and adding more gpu resources further ties down the cpu. So i would recommend having a recent cpu with strong single core performance that can be overclocked to get as much extra performance out of sli as possible if you plan on using it. overclocking my cpu alone gave me around 10%-20% more performance. I'm due for a upgrade tho i might wait a bit until intel and amd show their hands in the next 6ish months instead of just getting a 9900K then they come out with something better a month or 2 later lol. It also seems that one or more of the video options don't scale well at all with sli possibly reflections? i'd need to test some more.

It also seems that one or more of the video options don't scale well at all with sli possibly reflections? i'd need to test some more.

As far as I am aware, there has never been an optimization pass on reflection, or reflected shadows. That wouldn't surprise me.

First thing I always recommend turning off to improve FPS.

Test 2 everything the same but with different video settings

Settings:https://imgur.com/9bdQre6

Single GPU:

Min:50 FPS

Max:68 FPS

Avg: 62 FPS

2 GPU SLI:

Min:56 FPS (+12%)

Max:119 FPS (+75%)

Avg: 95 FPS (+53%)

So from these numbers it seems SFR is the way to go. From testing i've done in the past the game is very cpu bound and adding more gpu resources further ties down the cpu. So i would recommend having a recent cpu with strong single core performance that can be overclocked to get as much extra performance out of sli as possible if you plan on using it. overclocking my cpu alone gave me around 10%-20% more performance. I'm due for a upgrade tho i might wait a bit until intel and amd show their hands in the next 6ish months instead of just getting a 9900K then they come out with something better a month or 2 later lol. It also seems that one or more of the video options don't scale well at all with sli possibly reflections? i'd need to test some more.

so the bad things i was supposing are right xD

where's dx12 developers? xD

Here you go:https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApKZwrQQ1RMri7wIJb3eLfwGQ5zREw?e=hbkaAO

I'm pretty sure it was just gpu count and rendering mode, Didn't your video's msi afterburner overlay show 3 gpu? or is 1 an IGPU?

I'm pretty sure it was just gpu count and rendering mode, Didn't your video's msi afterburner overlay show 3 gpu? or is 1 an IGPU?

one is a hd6970 for a vm that i use, it wont count in sli rendering due to lack of sli connection (sli bridge) im using hb bridge, sfr in teory works only with dx12

just tried my profile and ur profile:

AFR2: 87 Fps watching a heavy fortified base with a lot of lights (2k) almost everything at max (no ss or dof, lod 100% and reflections at high with reflected shadows on)

SFR: 87 Fps same spot, same settings.

a bit disappointing

- - - Updated - - -

try this profile and tell me if is better: https://www.mediafire.com/file/588ksqob553babx/7_Days_to_Die_v7.nip/file

just tried my profile and ur profile:

AFR2: 87 Fps watching a heavy fortified base with a lot of lights (2k) almost everything at max (no ss or dof, lod 100% and reflections at high with reflected shadows on)

SFR: 87 Fps same spot, same settings.

a bit disappointing

- - - Updated - - -

try this profile and tell me if is better: https://www.mediafire.com/file/588ksqob553babx/7_Days_to_Die_v7.nip/file

It's hard to say i think that profile might be slightly worse for me (5-10fps) i should really run a dozen benchmarks to determine what kind of margin of error there is.

• 2 months later...

Tried it and saw no meaningful difference again. and it's still not "perfect" as you claim your using resade to inflate your gpu utilization @06:38 you disabled reshade revealing the actual games utilization 75%gpu1 & 66%gpu2. You don't need to keep sugar coating this. It works ok not great, certainly not perfect. It wouldn't make any sense if it did, it's a alpha voxel game with no developer support at all for sli. The fact we got it working at all is all the sugar you need.

you can always use only 1 gpu and hope in perfect sli in a early access game

Tried it and saw no meaningful difference again. and it's still not "perfect" as you claim your using resade to inflate your gpu utilization @06:38 you disabled reshade revealing the actual games utilization 75%gpu1 & 66%gpu2. You don't need to keep sugar coating this. It works ok not great, certainly not perfect. It wouldn't make any sense if it did, it's a alpha voxel game with no developer support at all for sli. The fact we got it working at all is all the sugar you need.

the test was in 4k, i cant modify game code to optimize it and use more gpu, if u dont like it dont use it, u still double ur fps with this profile, i was not able to play in 4k without it, so if u play in full hd and have no scaling dont complain.. i've just updated the post for the new profile and u still do not acknowledged that without real fullscreen (exclusive fullscreen) the scaling is terrible, yes im using reshade with a lot of filters and a ♥♥♥♥ty 2600k cpu and im getting like 90 fps without reshade in 4k! do u have to complain? for sure u are using ss reflections and new features implemented in 17.4 that kill fps also in full hd? my profile will not scale due to cpu being killed to do that processing that also do not uses all the cpu, just takes so much time that also a 2080ti will not reach 99% of utilization, if u like to play in 4k with more than 60 fps this profile can help u, the first page will show u the progress i've made, check the first screens, 30-40 laggish fps in 4k, terrible frametime also, do me a favor and do what u want, but the profile works fine, when the game will be more optimized u will be able to see perfect scaling all the time, but it's not my profile fault or me trying to sell u a "perfect magic profile", the game have a giant cpu overhead, im not a magician, just a technician with two gtx1070 trying to play this game in 4k, im able to do that now, the reshade profile i've made its a heavy whale that just squeeze even more the gpus, im not getting lower fps or terrible frametimes with my profile so it works fine and i have a good scaling, i'd like that u try almost to set exclusive fullscreen and press f4 two times to really enable it, the game sucks for that, windowed fullscreen always if u do not do that.

peace

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

v9 for alpha 18.2?

What version NV drivers are you using? What ver of Inspector?

I've got a Titan that's sad for lack of use :(

edit: after fiddling around with the profiles linked above and getting nowhere*, I reset everything to defaults and used the NVIDIA Control Panel instead of Inspector.

I changed just four settings

• SLI Rendering Mode: Force AFR2
  • Threaded Optimization: On
  • Triple Buffering: On
  • Vertical sync: Off

Just those four settings changed and both my cards are hovering around 75-85% usage, churning 97-105fps while wandering around. Will have to set up some lights & Zs heavy scenes for more testing. Didn't even need to F4-F4 it, just worked as soon as I got into the game.

• Intel 5960x @ 4.4
  • 64GB @ 3000
  • 2x Titan Pascal
  • 970 Evo PLUS NVMe
  • 3440 x 1440, ultra+ preset (ultra, then ultra+ reflection quality and motion blur = off)
  • MSI Afterburner w/ overlay so i can watch the GPU usage in realtime. Doesn't seem to affect FPS having it on or off.
  • Windows 8.1, NV drivers 441.20 (lite version)

*nowhere = #1 GPU @ 98% usage, #2 @ 5% or less, 55-60fps. Or if I forced AFR1, both GPUs at 65-75% usage and delivering a cinematic 12 fps, reverting to 98/5 @ 58fps if I F4-F4'ed it.

• 1 month later...
v9 for alpha 18.2?

What version NV drivers are you using? What ver of Inspector?

I've got a Titan that's sad for lack of use :(

edit: after fiddling around with the profiles linked above and getting nowhere*, I reset everything to defaults and used the NVIDIA Control Panel instead of Inspector.

I changed just four settings

• SLI Rendering Mode: Force AFR2
  • Threaded Optimization: On
  • Triple Buffering: On
  • Vertical sync: Off

Just those four settings changed and both my cards are hovering around 75-85% usage, churning 97-105fps while wandering around. Will have to set up some lights & Zs heavy scenes for more testing. Didn't even need to F4-F4 it, just worked as soon as I got into the game.

• Intel 5960x @ 4.4
  • 64GB @ 3000
  • 2x Titan Pascal
  • 970 Evo PLUS NVMe
  • 3440 x 1440, ultra+ preset (ultra, then ultra+ reflection quality and motion blur = off)
  • MSI Afterburner w/ overlay so i can watch the GPU usage in realtime. Doesn't seem to affect FPS having it on or off.
  • Windows 8.1, NV drivers 441.20 (lite version)

*nowhere = #1 GPU @ 98% usage, #2 @ 5% or less, 55-60fps. Or if I forced AFR1, both GPUs at 65-75% usage and delivering a cinematic 12 fps, reverting to 98/5 @ 58fps if I F4-F4'ed it.

Usually the game starts in exclusive fullscreen mode i think (but i have 2 screens and i think didnt like that) happy to know it works fine just enabling afr2 in nvidia control panel

• 5 months later...

Hi Gents,

A19, have downloaded and tested the SLI profile and have had exceptional results, roughly +80% fps in certain point to point locations in the game i checked with SLI on and Off.

For anyone noticing low gpu utilisation with SLI enabled using this profile, try disabling or setting CPU affinity and limiting how many cores the game can access.

I found @ 12-cores 24-threads i sitting at roughly 81 fps @ 80ish gpu utilisation, changing the game to 6-cores 6-threads in the exact same location looking ta the same point bumped FPS up to around 105f & 97% gpu utilisation

System testing on

Threadripper 3960x (set to 12core mode)

32gb ddr4 3800 c16

NVME

2x Titan XP

5120x1440 res set to high preset

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 2:36 AM, dansv8 said:

Hi Gents,

A19, have downloaded and tested the SLI profile and have had exceptional results, roughly +80% fps in certain point to point locations in the game i checked with SLI on and Off.

For anyone noticing low gpu utilisation with SLI enabled using this profile, try disabling or setting CPU affinity and limiting how many cores the game can access.

I found @ 12-cores 24-threads i sitting at roughly 81 fps @ 80ish gpu utilisation, changing the game to 6-cores 6-threads in the exact same location looking ta the same point bumped FPS up to around 105f & 97% gpu utilisation

System testing on

Threadripper 3960x (set to 12core mode)

32gb ddr4 3800 c16

NVME

2x Titan XP

5120x1440 res set to high preset

Can you show some screens? im happy that works fine

• 3 weeks later...

take 2, second GPU utilisation is down a bit here but its a decent uplift, the game engine itself is really arradic with FPS and the presets (if im running high preset, if i change from high, to low, then back to high and click apply.... my fps gains around 10% - doesnt seem to do anything though if your using a custom preset)

Screen sips are at high preset @ 5120x1440 on a pair of modded Titan XP's and a threadripper 3960x (12 cores disabled) with the game launcing on a custom batch command to limit the game used to 6 cores only.

7_days_SLI_off_High_Preset_6core_Take2.png

7_days_SLI_ON_High_Preset_6core_Take2.png

• 4 weeks later...

In the game launcher try to enable exclusive fullscreen and also add in the steam launch options "-window-mode exclusive" that's unity exclusive fullscreen launch command.

if you lower ss reflections or you toggle them completely without motion blur also, it's better.

Archived