Will This Computer Rig Run 7 Days To Die Well?

TheDay755Hero

I have recently decided to buy a new PC for my self and I was considering this rig...

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 Motherboard

Central Processing Unit: AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 8-Core Desktop Processor

Graphics Processing Unit: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition 4GB GDDR5

Random Access Memory: Adata XPG Z1 Red 16GB DDR4 3200 CL16

Solid State Drive: Haven't decided yet...

Hard Disk Drive: Haven't decided yet...

Will it run the game on ultra settings and 1600x900 resolution at smooth 60 fps?

Thanks in advance!

I'm playing Alpha 17 on Ryzen 7 2700x, 16 GB RAM 3400MHz, with RX Vega 56. Playing on highest settings, but only at 1920x1080 because I don't have a better monitor yet, runs mostly at 60 fps, but man there were times it fell down even to 14 or 30 fps at times for a short moment, I guess it depends on location. This game still needs more optimization and I guess you could use a little better GPU to get that 60 fps goal of yours.

I'm playing Alpha 17 on Ryzen 7 2700x, 16 GB RAM 3400MHz, with RX Vega 56. Playing on highest settings, but only at 1920x1080 because I don't have a better monitor yet, runs mostly at 60 fps, but man there were times it fell down even to 14 or 30 fps at times, depending on location. I guess that Alpha 17 could use some more optimization and I guess you could use a little better GPU to get that 60 fps goal of yours.

oh, will a GTX 1060 3 GB be fine?

- - - Updated - - -

what AMD GPU do you suggest then?

oh, will a GTX 1060 3 GB be fine?

- - - Updated - - -

what AMD GPU do you suggest then?

I would suggest RX Vega 56 or RX Vega 64, but if it costs too much for you, I would definitely grab the new RX 590 which is around 15% faster than very popular RX 580 and yet the price is roughly the same.

Honestly? With the current state of A17Exp I wouldn't be setting any benchmarks for a future computer setup.

7DtD is not representative. It's clunky and laggy even on some of the best kit. There is a lot of room for improvement, and I trust TFP to make strides there, but even then A16's performance was a bit hit and miss at times. I mean this as no insult to TFP, just an observation.

Essentially when asking "will this run..." you are aiming for a moving target. Go find other titles that you are looking to play, base your setup on them and wait for A17 to sort itself out.

If you are just looking for some advice about a gaming rig in general, then don't let me stop you, just saying you shouldn't base your rig on this game.

Honestly? With the current state of A17Exp I wouldn't be setting any benchmarks for a future computer setup.

7DtD is not representative. It's clunky and laggy even on some of the best kit. There is a lot of room for improvement, and I trust TFP to make strides there, but even then A16's performance was a bit hit and miss at times. I mean this as no insult to TFP, just an observation.

Essentially when asking "will this run..." you are aiming for a moving target. Go find other titles that you are looking to play, base your setup on them and wait for A17 to sort itself out.

If you are just looking for some advice about a gaming rig in general, then don't let me stop you, just saying you shouldn't base your rig on this game.

I'm just asking because I don't want to buy a machine that will run the game for a while then BOOM!!! an update comes and makes that machine look like a potato...

What I meant to do is get suggestions from people with more powerful rigs so I can balance my self.

thanks anyway...

Also Better go with an amd gpu if you take that amd CPU, cuz it comes with benefits inside the system

Go away with that nonsense. Where on earth did you get that false information? Benefits from a CPU are for APU Crossfire technology only which the Ryzen 7 1700x clearly does not have. Besides, APUs in a gaming rig is dumb. The only reason they should exist is for consoles, mobile devices and basic computers that have no intention on gaming or doing anything graphics heavy.

I have never bought an AMD GPU with any of my AMD CPUs, simply because AMD GPUs all suck with gaming support and they can't even keep up with current competition. Their RX 480, 580 and 590 (which isn't out yet) are all just re-branded cards that aren't even as good as the GTX 1060 which has been out for years.

To the OP... making recommendations is difficult when we don't know what all the things you plan on doing with the computer and what your budget is. If you want AMD's best CPU, then that would be the 2700x. But even the 1700x is an awesome choice. As for GPU, a GTX 1050ti will hold you back a bit, but should run this game on medium to high settings just fine. GTX 1060 would bring you up to a nice comfortable high setting with this game though. GTX 1070 or better would pretty much allow you to max out graphics settings though.

As for SSD and HDD... I swear by Samsung Evo SSDs. They're one of the fastest out there, they're super reliable and they look nice in the case. I haven't tried an M.2 drive yet though as I'm a bit old school I guess and just prefer to use sata ports. HDDs, I prefer to stick with Western Digital blue drives for the sake of reliability. I'd stay away from hybrid drives as that seems a bit sketchy to me in terms of reliability (too many components that could go wrong).

Go away with that nonsense. Where on earth did you get that false information? Benefits from a CPU are for APU Crossfire technology which the Ryzen 7 1700x clearly does not have. Besides, APUs are dumb.

I have never bought an AMD GPU with any of my AMD CPUs, simply because AMD GPUs all suck.

To the OP... making recommendations is difficult when we don't know what all the things you plan on doing with the computer and what your budget is. If you want AMD's best CPU, then that would be the 2700x. But even the 1700x is an awesome choice. As for GPU, a GTX 1050ti will hold you back a bit, but should run this game on medium to high settings just fine. GTX 1060 would bring you up to a nice comfortable high setting with this game though. GTX 1070 or better would pretty much allow you to max out graphics settings though.

As for SSD and HDD... I swear by Samsung Evo SSDs. They're one of the fastest out there, they're super reliable and they look nice in the case. I haven't tried an M.2 drive yet though as I'm a bit old school I guess and just prefer to use sata ports. HDDs, I prefer to stick with Western Digital blue drives for the sake of reliability. I'd stay away from hybrid drives as that seems a bit sketchy to me in terms of reliability (too many components that could go wrong).

Now that's really helpful!

My budget is 700$ only no more, no less.

If I won't waste your time if you can suggest a build for that price I would be really grateful!

I want to run 7DTD mainly because I don't own much games (7 days to die, killing floor 2, mortal kombat xl, and 22 other games)

12600 EGP comes up to 932.14 CAD for me, and a lot of the parts are on sale which hopefully you have similar sales going on... but if not, let me know and I can adjust. I did try to squeeze in a GTX 1060 in there which of course made things difficult, but worth it, even if it sacrifices aftermarket CPU cooling to do it. I also left the case blank allowing you to pick whatever you want, just try to keep airflow in mind as it's important. With the parts selected, you can get away with pretty much any small micro-ATX supported case, which saves money.

ASUS TUF B450M-PLUS Micro ATX Motherboard

90 CAD

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 SDRAM 3000 Model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 (motherboard supports this ram model number which is important, pick whatever color you want though)

160 CAD

AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6-Core (12 threads) 3.2 GHz (3.6 GHz Turbo) 65W Processor

190 CAD

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 3GB VRAM

280 CAD

EVGA 650 BQ 80+ BRONZE 650W Semi Modular Power Supply

60 CAD

SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 500GB SATA III Solid State Drive

100 CAD

Total = 880 CAD (11,898 EGP) not including shipping

If I have to edit this build, I'd probably pick a slower ram... but it's difficult finding a good price for ram when it has to be in the motherboard's support list.

12600 EGP comes up to 932.14 CAD for me, and a lot of the parts are on sale which hopefully you have similar sales going on... but if not, let me know and I can adjust. I did try to squeeze in a GTX 1060 in there which of course made things difficult, but worth it, even if it sacrifices aftermarket CPU cooling to do it. I also left the case blank allowing you to pick whatever you want, just try to keep airflow in mind as it's important.

90 CAD

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 SDRAM 3000 Model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 (motherboard supports this ram model number which is important, pick whatever color you want though)

160 CAD

190 CAD

280 CAD

60 CAD

100 CAD

If I have to edit this build, I'd probably pick a slower ram... but it's difficult finding a good price for ram when it has to be in the motherboard's support list.

That's awesome! thank you very much! with this build will I be able to get good performance with 7 days right? and the price saves 800 EGP good!

I myself have a similar build (a bit better due mainly to mass overclocking), and I can run Alpha 16 on high settings while maintaining 60+fps. Alpha 17 is apparently a bit sketchy right now for a lot of players, I haven't given it a try yet so I don't know, but I'm sure the devs will work it out as they always do. I wouldn't be at all worried about performance with a setup like that. Just make sure to update your bios right away and make sure the ram speed is at the advertised 3000MHz as most motherboards default the ram speed to 2100MHz.

You'll also notice I stuck with top tier name brands for best warranty and reliability. But if your budget was a tiny bit higher, you could get an aftermarket CPU cooler which would make your computer much quieter and run cooler too. I don't know... maybe I'll look into changing out the ram...

I myself have a similar build (a bit better due mainly to mass overclocking), and I can run Alpha 16 on high settings while maintaining 60+fps. Alpha 17 is apparently a bit sketchy right now for a lot of players, I haven't given it a try yet so I don't know, but I'm sure the devs will work it out as they always do. I wouldn't be at all worried about performance with a setup like that. Just make sure to update your bios right away and maybe play around with overclocking a bit or at least make sure the ram speed is at the advertised 3000MHz as most motherboards default the ram speed to 2100MHz.

You'll also notice I stuck with top tier name brands for best warranty and reliability.

Again, thanks for your help! you have saved me tons of hours of searching!

Alternative ram which is slightly slower (not that most ppl ever notice it), just as reliable with same warranty, but saves 10 CAD and again is supported by the motherboard chosen

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 SDRAM 2400 Model F4-2400C15D-16GVR

150 CAD

Cooler Master Hyper T4 - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes (this would be bare minimum in what I would recommend as aftermarket heatsink, allowing you to also overclock a bit too)

30 CAD

This would change the total to 900 CAD (12,167 EGP)

Alternative ram which is slightly slower (not that most ppl ever notice it), just as reliable with same warranty, but saves 10 CAD and again is supported by the motherboard chosen

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 SDRAM 2400 Model F4-2400C15D-16GVR

150 CAD

Cooler Master Hyper T4 - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes (this would be bare minimum in what I would recommend as aftermarket heatsink, allowing you to also overclock a bit too)

30 CAD

This would change the total to 900 CAD (12,167 EGP)

How did it become 900 after removing 40 CAD?

12600 EGP comes up to 932.14 CAD for me, and a lot of the parts are on sale which hopefully you have similar sales going on... but if not, let me know and I can adjust. I did try to squeeze in a GTX 1060 in there which of course made things difficult, but worth it, even if it sacrifices aftermarket CPU cooling to do it. I also left the case blank allowing you to pick whatever you want, just try to keep airflow in mind as it's important. With the parts selected, you can get away with pretty much any small micro-ATX supported case, which saves money.

90 CAD

160 CAD

190 CAD

280 CAD

60 CAD

100 CAD

Just don't... Pairing Ryzen 5 1600 with the newer B450 isn't really a good choice. Either step down to B350, or step up the CPU to Ryzen 5 2600 instead (recommended), or would the Ryzen 5 2600 overshot the budget?

Also, it might be worth it to consider the RX 570 if it's the only available AMD and if it's about the same price like GTX 1060 3GB, because the Nvidia GPU here only has 3GB, whereas RX 570 comes in 4GB and 8GB versions. Might be better for future to go with 8GB version, but even 4GB GPU would be worth it. The performance isn't that much different anyway, about 11% in favor of Nvidia, but then again it's 3GB version will soon leave you behind.

EDIT:

I see the price of this GTX 1060 3GB is 279.99 CAD, should you buy on this website, you might as well go with cheaper RX 580 starting at 259.99 CAD. With the lowest price GPU in the catalog from the link I sent you, you get 8GB of VRAM compared to 3GB on Nvidia for lower price with slightly higher performance of ~5% and maybe then you could step up the CPU to Ryzen 5 2600 for the money you save and have a little beast of a gaming pc. Also, going with AMD GPU right now gives you 2 games for free.

Archived