Unload of weapons

Survager

I propose to add the ability to remove the ammunition from the weapon. At the moment, it is very uncomfortable to unload the weapon.

Two additional options:

1. An additional menu item in the radial weapon reload menu "Remove ammunition."

2. When selecting weapons in the inventory, add an additional menu item to the actions section, where there are items "Scrap", "Equip" and so on.

Thank you.

Yeah, I found an AK, and a Hunting Rifle. I kind of wish I could take all the ammo out of the AK and use it for the Hunting Rifle.. :f

+1

Simple fix for it would be just like the 'Change Arrow' function for Bows.

Hold R for picking Ammo, and there'd be 'Reload' and 'Eject Magazine' also maybe 'Equip Modification' - Reload of course being the default tap of R.

Yeah, I found an AK, and a Hunting Rifle. I kind of wish I could take all the ammo out of the AK and use it for the Hunting Rifle.. :f

+1

Simple fix for it would be just like the 'Change Arrow' function for Bows.

Hold R for picking Ammo, and there'd be 'Reload' and 'Eject Magazine' also maybe 'Equip Modification' - Reload of course being the default tap of R.

I've been able to unload weapons by holding R and choosing the ammo that is not available (greyed out) The ammo appears in my backpack when I open it back up.

I've been able to unload weapons by holding R and choosing the ammo that is not available (greyed out) The ammo appears in my backpack when I open it back up.

True this works. But for weapons with Alt-Ammo, you're stuck, unless you have the ability to assemble the weapon, which has gone away in A17.

Good idea.... As long as there is a negative in place as well... Something based on skill or quality, where if you fail the roll, the weapon jams or breaks, rendering it and it's ammo unusable. Then this idea has a balanced merit to it :)

... you'd have to be incredibly stupid to break a gun by attempting to eject the magazine. I mean.. are you suggesting that the gun should ALSO jam / break every time you attempt to reload the firearm? :f

- - - Updated - - -

True this works. But for weapons with Alt-Ammo, you're stuck, unless you have the ability to assemble the weapon, which has gone away in A17.

Just drop the alternate ammo, then switch. Pick them up again.

But this is stupid, which is why dedicated Unload Ammo button would be welcome.

Ejecting a magazine is easy. Flicking 6 shotgun shells out one at a time while running through a woods with 5 dogs chasing you isn't. I'm just suggesting that in order to retrieve ammo out of a weapon that wasn't intended to return ammo easily, there should be some chance of a player hosing the weapon.

So, SxR, in your scenario, you assume all these post apocalypse weapons are in perfect working order, properly lubricated and cleaned, and ready to fire correctly with each and every round?

Maybe it's as simple as that then.... You add the ability to eject ammo from a weapon, but for each shell you kick out, it does a fraction of a % of damage to the weapon's total integrity. (Causing the user to have to "clean" it... i.e. repair it more frequently over time).

• 2 months later...
So, SxR, in your scenario, you assume all these post apocalypse weapons are in perfect working order, properly lubricated and cleaned, and ready to fire correctly with each and every round?

I think we could assume this, because we already assume that all house had a big ProjectX's like partys with 25 ppl inside the house, 7 hided in the wardrobes, and 10 in the garden when the apocalypse started.

7 Days To Die isn't in the realism right now, the dev team had taken decisions, gameplay over realism. Theses decisions means you can just spawn, find a shotgun and 24 cartridges, and made your way in a big house, while killing everything who can walk (or crawl). So, yeah, we assume that we CAN without any problem and without knowledge unload a weapon without any risks. Like in the old Alphas.

• 3 weeks later...
what's wrong with scrap/cancel scrap? Unloads the weapon in less than second?

I didn't realize that you could unload weapons by scrapping them, then canceling the scrap order. This is extremely helpful; thank you! With my luck, I'll probably forget to cancel it. lol

Also, I wanted to ask everyone here about an idea that I had for the game: What do you think about adding scuba diving and underwear looting to the game? I posted this idea with the following title (so you can search for it): Devs: Would you consider adding Scuba Diving Gear to the game in A18?

The devs are pretty responsive to the community, as they are demonstrating by changing the official Alpha 17 release into what the community wants. I'm hoping to get enough positive responses for this idea to move it forward. I would appreciate your support (and your friend's support if you play with others). Thanks!

Archived