Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=Guppycur;542559]@hal This may be related to your fix, but I can no longer place markers on the larger prefab on areas that are outside the boundaries of the smaller prefab.[/QUOTE] Hey Gup, I couldn't reproduce that but I did find a problem when you're zoomed in and scrolling. The markers wouldn't move correctly. Fixed in the next version. See if that solves your issue. [QUOTE=Guppycur;542561]Also, could you add up/down arrow buttons for the "Zoom" level? I don't get good enough control over zoom.[/QUOTE] That kind of layout only works well when there aren't textboxes everywhere. I'll add them in but it could be messy. [QUOTE=Guppycur;543240]Hal, weird bug. When rotating a prefab it changes density values on some random ass blocks. [url]https://youtu.be/89oVjL6sjLw[/url][/QUOTE] Ah, nice spot. Fixed in the next one. Cheers, Hal

Update time! Updated: Markers move correctly when scrolling round a prefab Added: Zoom using -/+ keys Fixed: Rotating a prefab did not rotate the density values Updated: World Editor "Chunks" view mode now renders like the main map Added: Bugs... Just a few fixes and a couple of new things. The main thing is the world editors "Chunk" view (over in the top right) has had it's rendering updated. Rather than looking like the prefab editor it should look more like the in-game map but sectioned at the currently set height. So it should look like the normal map but you can see through a hill/mountain. Render speeds should have been increased too as the server now has nothing to do with it (that's less data going over the pipe to boot!). It's the first version, I've just run out of time and couldn't be bothered unravelling it all to the release the fixes. I'm also giving a lot of thought of converting the in-game side of the editor into an SDX mod. The next version of SDX will have a lot of new features that have prevented me doing this sooner but soon it's going to make more sense to have this as just another mod you can install under SDX.

[QUOTE=Guppycur;543871]Hm, would that require clients to have sdx installed on a bbb enabled server? If so, not that I have a vote, but I vote no. :)[/QUOTE] Not really, you'd just be copying two DLLs rather than one. The Assembly-CSharp file and the SDX core DLL. Reboot and you're back to where you started. But those that are running an SDX server just add the mod to their list and it's compiled in along with whatever other mods they want installing too.

[QUOTE=Guppycur;543925]Cool beans; my philosophy towards modding is "The clients shouldn't have to install anything". ...I don't mind having to do special stuff to the server.[/QUOTE] Ah, I see what you're saying. Yeah the normal inputs would still be there through the chat window if you wanted to give people access to the bbb commands but if they had the DLL they'd have access to future stuff like a nice GUI to control things rather than having to type everything or map overlays showing you where the claims are etc.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;543948]Ah, I see what you're saying. Yeah the normal inputs would still be there through the chat window if you wanted to give people access to the bbb commands but if they had the DLL they'd have access to future stuff like a nice GUI to control things rather than having to type everything or map overlays showing you where the claims are etc.[/QUOTE] Sounding awesome Hal. Cant wait for sdx a15 and being able to use your editor with sdx be awesome.

Oh god I love the animated "Updating" button... ...when I was watching you on my machine, I was thinking "Hey, I wonder if he knows how annoying it is to not know if pressing the button did anything." [COLOR="#FFD700"][SIZE=4]ALTHOUGH[/SIZE][/COLOR], it doesn't seem to actually update, just puts you in an "updating" loop. At least on my end.

[QUOTE=Guppycur;544100]Oh god I love the animated "Updating" button... ...when I was watching you on my machine, I was thinking "Hey, I wonder if he knows how annoying it is to not know if pressing the button did anything." [COLOR="#FFD700"][SIZE=4]ALTHOUGH[/SIZE][/COLOR], it doesn't seem to actually update, just puts you in an "updating" loop. At least on my end.[/QUOTE] Ah yeah, I forgot to increment the version number inside the editor. Fixed now, it'll stop on the next update

Mini update-time! Fixed: Johnny Foreigner number formatting stopped the world editor from generating maps. Manual update if you want the latest change. It's only needed for countries that have different number formatting (i.e. 2.000.000,66 instead of 2,000,000.66)

[QUOTE=HAL9000;545069]Mini update-time! Fixed: Johnny Foreigner number formatting stopped the world editor from generating maps. Manual update if you want the latest change. It's only needed for countries that have different number formatting (i.e. 2.000.000,66 instead of 2,000,000.66)[/QUOTE] Thumbs Up! Do not have time to try everything, but so far it is great! Thank you!!

[QUOTE=Abrondino;545524]Is there a way to unclaim areas in game? Meaning "bbb claim house123" reverse it with "bbb unclaim house123" or such?[/QUOTE] Yeah, "bbb remove " if it's your claim or "bbb remove " if your an admin wanting to remove someone elses. You can also do it through the Backup Manager in the editor.

Hey guys, i used search on this forum to find the answer to the question - what is a and Why should I, it might be needed?... And as a result I know exactly what this word is found in this thread....but there are 3 thousands of posts...can you help me with something though ? :D Someone said that this is a citys in Navezgane, but these line are not used to spawn in Navezgane... PS: to expose anything about cell_cache_size="8" - what is it ?

@hal Had a large prefab not come in all the way. Video demo is [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhzpH2-WNo&feature=youtu.be"]here[/URL]. ...I even teleported away and came back to look at the chunks. I hadn't seen this before and wanted to see if this was something that was fixable. I teleported away, I exited the game, and the old chunks were still there. Looking at my video again, all of those buildings near the north (last shown) "missing" road are also not mine, those should all be blank lots. Importing in a SECOND time at the same coordinates worked though... thoughts? Random hiccup?

[QUOTE=n2n1;545794]Hey guys, i used search on this forum to find the answer to the question - what is a and Why should I, it might be needed?... And as a result I know exactly what this word is found in this thread....but there are 3 thousands of posts...can you help me with something though ? :D Someone said that this is a citys in Navezgane, but these line are not used to spawn in Navezgane... PS: to expose anything about cell_cache_size="8" - what is it ?[/QUOTE] Hey n2n1, The AllowedTownship settings are just how the mixer knows which prefabs are ok to spawn in Random Gen. Which ones are used or legacy I don't know, Stompy or Mag is probably your man with the info. cell_cache_size looks to be a variable for how many the biome cells the random gen provider keeps in memory to make generating quicker. I wouldn't worry about it. [QUOTE=Guppycur;545928]Hm, is it possible that I didn't visit those chunks, so they were still being created?[/QUOTE] Yeah it seems that when chunks haven't been created when chunks around it get created it causes the chunk to reset. Not a problem in vanilla because you'll never get near a chunk without its neighbours being loaded but with the editor you can load prefabs in unvisited areas. I just did a test where I spawned in diersville into a completely blank area and everything came in except the north and eastern chunks. I'll have a look into it this weekend if I get chance but I may be busy with other stuff so if I forget drop me a reminder. Cheers, Hal

Not that important now that I know the why... I did a test run, flew around where it would spawn, and it worked fine, so fuggit. Easy enough of a solution, and it's not like I work with large prefabs all the time. ...now, if you wanted to do something cool this weekend, add a blending feature to the edge of prefabs... Calculate which blocks will be NEXT to an inserted prefab and say, 10 blocks out in every direction, blend them by height to the designated ground level of the prefab, so that when inserted in a hill we get a tapered ramp instead of a cliff cut off. ...too ambitious of a wish? :)

[QUOTE=Guppycur;546125]Not that important now that I know the why... I did a test run, flew around where it would spawn, and it worked fine, so fuggit. Easy enough of a solution, and it's not like I work with large prefabs all the time. ...now, if you wanted to do something cool this weekend, add a blending feature to the edge of prefabs... Calculate which blocks will be NEXT to an inserted prefab and say, 10 blocks out in every direction, blend them by height to the designated ground level of the prefab, so that when inserted in a hill we get a tapered ramp instead of a cliff cut off. ...too ambitious of a wish? :)[/QUOTE] I've been waiting for someone to get into the deep mysteries of the density values. If someone can come up with a forumula for calculating the densities for a given slope degree to get them smooth then I could just build that into the editor and you guys could have auto-smoothed slopes.

I deal with densities in my prefabs when placing blocks next to terrain... you don't mess with the terrain density, you mess with the block that's next to it. So the terrain is set to -128 (its natural state) and the block is set to -92. 63 also seems to work, so I think it's a lot like layers in photoshop, where it's not the value that's important so much as the difference from zero. As far as the values for making terrain have a gradual slope, I'll definitely be finding that out once I add my walls to GuppyVille. The interior wall will have a sloped dirt terrain leading to the top of the wall.

Archived