Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

Tens of thousands of dollars in bills later, no clue what the cause was. I don't see me paying some of the bills. Outrageous. So yeh, logs... The server manager I use seems to ignore the parameters and I just found out I haven't had logs for over a month. :) New server coming in a week or two, a lot more robust, so I'll see how that helps.

[QUOTE=Guppycur;531332]Tens of thousands of dollars in bills later, no clue what the cause was. I don't see me paying some of the bills. Outrageous. So yeh, logs... The server manager I use seems to ignore the parameters and I just found out I haven't had logs for over a month. :) New server coming in a week or two, a lot more robust, so I'll see how that helps.[/QUOTE] Ouch, that's a lot of dollars for no answers. Were the nurses hot at least??? Yeah sounds like something's off with the server. Hopefully the new one fixes it. But if you can get any logs on the problem I'll take a look. [QUOTE=SevenDaysToDieModEditor;532666]I do not know whether the text data is included in the prefab. player sign Wood 2x5 text data can be edited in the Hal's prefab editor?[/QUOTE] Not at the moment. That data is stored in the chunk and there's no vanilla methods for adding it in during prefab loading. I've been working on Prefabs 2.0 to add functionality like that (or specific chest content etc) but it's a long way from being released.

Hello, I follow your old video to install this software but that's not work to use it in game: - I installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 - I download "7 Days to Die Dedicated Server" - I replaced "Assembly-CSharp.dll" in both game folder I launch game/server (last version) & it's bug: - 7DaysToDie.exe, crash directly - 7DaysToDie_EAC.exe, stuck at the first windows loading we see - 7DaysToDieServer.exe, crash directly (by the way without the dll modded, the server open a windows & after some seconde then it close itself o_O) Of course I already check both version files, I can paly in single/multi with no problem, I tried with all .dll modded too but nothing... So what do I miss, please?

[QUOTE=Life_For_Dead;532835]Hello, I follow your old video to install this software but that's not work to use it in game: - I installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 - I download "7 Days to Die Dedicated Server" - I replaced "Assembly-CSharp.dll" in both game folder I launch game/server (last version) & it's bug: - 7DaysToDie.exe, crash directly - 7DaysToDie_EAC.exe, stuck at the first windows loading we see - 7DaysToDieServer.exe, crash directly (by the way without the dll modded, the server open a windows & after some seconde then it close itself o_O) Of course I already check both version files, I can paly in single/multi with no problem, I tried with all .dll modded too but nothing... So what do I miss, please?[/QUOTE] when you launch server on windows, the server open a windows & after some seconde then it close itself but server is running in background you have to kill it with the task manager or it always run even if you modify the dll and after crash because server already present on port selected edit: also try to launch it via steam (for client game) first slect game launcher and desavtive eac save and launch

Thanks all for your answer & after some hours, it work fine :) even if I don't know actually use the software very well. I started to add more prefab to the "Asian Town" from Magoli & to export all (+/-300x300) in one big prefab for Nvezgane, it's for my little brother 9 years old (he don't know play well with a game open world). For the moment I just have a little problem about the rotation of the trader, because I can add it but he look to the north & I want him look South-Est, so wich value I must set to x y z, please? & about launching the game by the server, I don't use steam I go directly to run 7DaysToDieServer.exe & I know with previous version like a11/a12 there was not problem...

[QUOTE=Ihmislehma;536032]Hello, I'm having having trouble with the Easy Anti-cheat. I get a warning message when trying to add Steam user in the backup manager: Unhandled exception. Could not load file or assembly EasyAntiCheat.server. Is there any way I can fix this?[/QUOTE] Do you mean when you're trying to add a user through the editor (i.e. not in-game)? If so can you post a screenshot?

[QUOTE=HAL9000;536074]Do you mean when you're trying to add a user through the editor (i.e. not in-game)? If so can you post a screenshot?[/QUOTE] Hi, the issue was solved by making sure the EAC was off. I meant that when I tried to add myself (aka. my Steam User) I got the message. Like said, this was solved by making sure EAC was off, as it was for some reason on. If you still want the error message, I can take a screenshot. Edit: Yes, using the Backup Editor from your nifty program.

[QUOTE=Ihmislehma;536181]Hi, the issue was solved by making sure the EAC was off. I meant that when I tried to add myself (aka. my Steam User) I got the message. Like said, this was solved by making sure EAC was off, as it was for some reason on. If you still want the error message, I can take a screenshot. Edit: Yes, using the Backup Editor from your nifty program.[/QUOTE] Thanks Ihmislehma, Yeah a screenshot would be great. I'm interested in how the editor is getting freaked out by EAC. It shouldn't even know it's there (though you and Gup are right, you can't run the editor DLL with EAC on). If I can see where it's throwing a wobbler I can at least have the editor show a message rather than throwing an exception. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=Guppycur;536222]What? You're going to do error messages? I'm so excited! :) Start with the world editor, that one is a doozy![/QUOTE] Screenshots or it didn't happen! Try going to the settings form and untick the "IsGuppy" option. Things should work right after that...

[QUOTE=HAL9000;536188]Thanks Ihmislehma, Yeah a screenshot would be great. I'm interested in how the editor is getting freaked out by EAC. It shouldn't even know it's there (though you and Gup are right, you can't run the editor DLL with EAC on). If I can see where it's throwing a wobbler I can at least have the editor show a message rather than throwing an exception. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Alright, got the game to replicate the error message for me. Here's the screenshot: [url]http://i.imgur.com/oomDyun.png[/url] Notes on my game: I have to use the 32bit version, and am not sure if this factors in. I don't get this problem when I run 7 Days to Die from my Steam library and use the launcher, but I get this error when using a shortcut created for the 32bit version and trying to add my Steam user. I'll answer any questions as well as I can.

[QUOTE=Ihmislehma;536553]Alright, got the game to replicate the error message for me. Here's the screenshot: [url]http://i.imgur.com/oomDyun.png[/url] Notes on my game: I have to use the 32bit version, and am not sure if this factors in. I don't get this problem when I run 7 Days to Die from my Steam library and use the launcher, but I get this error when using a shortcut created for the 32bit version and trying to add my Steam user. I'll answer any questions as well as I can.[/QUOTE] That's great, thanks Ihmislehma. I'll have a look into it. Looks like the editor is trying to call an in-game method and that won't work (as you've seen). It will be fixed in the next version. For now if you want to get round it open the players info.txt file in %worldSaveDirectory%/BlockBackups/Users/%theirID%/info.txt and just put a random number against their steam ID or look it up on one of the online sites offering that ability. Cheers, Hal

Howdy HAL ! First: Your Prefab- & World-Editor is freaking awesome ! Thank you for this very cool piece of software ! Well, i just started to build a small PVP Map with it ( Huge help for mirroring areas, repair, backup ect.. ;D ), Except of the "red prefab insert box ( InGame )" which is shown in the Video, everything is working good. Do i have to enable something for the "red insert box" which isn't mentioned in the Videos ? Or is this a removed feature ? We're on A15-Stable-( 105 ) with the newest A.C.S MOD Pack Thanks again ! Have a nice Day ;]

Archived