Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=Guppycur;475414]I was looking at the heightmap for nav and thought maybe you could build a tool around it... it's greyscale, but I've no clue how they attribute blocks to it... I assume that's in a file somewhere else. [url]http://i.imgur.com/zG81Qbh.jpg[/url] for reference[/QUOTE] Are they still using that? I thought it was just the region files you find in 7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds\Navezgane\Region [QUOTE=Guppycur;475453]I see you're still listed as the tools programmer; what's that entailing these days?[/QUOTE] Same things as the button1 in the world editor ^^

Hm, they're there, but they're not there... I can't blow them up, but can loot them, and so I destroyed the ground beneath one and let it fall down, the re-imported the prefab and it was "gone" (it was still under the ground, just now on top where it was).

[QUOTE=Guppycur;476535]Hm, they're there, but they're not there... I can't blow them up, but can loot them, and so I destroyed the ground beneath one and let it fall down, the re-imported the prefab and it was "gone" (it was still under the ground, just now on top where it was).[/QUOTE] Aren't cars blocks now rather than entities? cntCarBlue etc? Try heading to bedrock beneath the car and doing "bbb fa air 3 255" that should make a hole from bedrock to sky that it can fall down. Once entities fall beneath a certain point they're automatically removed from the game. Hopefully ^^ Then reset the chunk and you should be back to normal

question about the Prefab Editor while editing a prefab, I often add entity (zombie). Sometimes there is a lot. Is there a way to "remove / replace block air" one entity ? method "remove of all entities" is very inconvenient as paying for a single mistake. (I can't use the undo/redo , i leave the editor) what makes "do not click me" ? I did... but nothing happens for me :D

[QUOTE=n2n1;479378] Is there a way to "remove / replace block air" one entity ? [/QUOTE] Right click on the entity when in the entity tab to remove it [QUOTE=n2n1;479378] what makes "do not click me" ? I did... but nothing happens for me :D[/QUOTE] Nothing happened... that you know of ;)

How do you limit only selected users being able to use HAL Editor BBB commands? I don't see a need to give any commands to anyone else. I changed World Settings Default # of claims to 0 and people can still claim Max claims is set to 0 and auto claim is set to off

The user limit is set from the global limit when the player first logs in. So if you changed the global value after some people have tried it will only affect new users. Either go into each user and manually set their limit in the editor or you can set the global limit to zero and delete the player's files for bbb. You can find them in the save directory under BlockBackup\Users

[QUOTE=abbystabby;485810]Can i get some help with this? Not exactly sure how to level it with the ground. Tried to adjust the height with no luck. Any clues? [ATTACH=CONFIG]16056[/ATTACH][/QUOTE] Set the height offset in the XML config, try adding TerrainFiller blocks around the edges or use the world editor to place it

Hi Hal, Can you briefly describe what you can do with this editor? I'd like to mod the game to add perks like double jump or stealth which is obviously out of the bounds of modifying just values for normal perks. Not trying to do things that can only be achieved by coding, but trying to do things that the game already does in some way and hoping it can be modded in. For instance, double jump might be doable because you can already jump in game. I'd just like to remove the single jump check.

hello i found a little bug on world editor when you search a prefab with the search box and then select it, it's generally not the good one(on dedicated/not tested solo) you have to scrool down menu prefab and select from here not really annoying when know thanks for this great tool and sorry for my english

[QUOTE=quentfr21;487871]hello i found a little bug on world editor when you search a prefab with the search box and then select it, it's generally not the good one(on dedicated/not tested solo) you have to scrool down menu prefab and select from here not really annoying when know thanks for this great tool and sorry for my english[/QUOTE] Thanks quentfr21, that'll be fixed in the next version

[QUOTE=AussieWombat;488902]Hi Hal9000 and all, Looooong time since looking at this forum. Still play the game. Nice to see it is so popular on the mods, and prefabs. A long way forward from when I wrote the Prefab editor. Keep up the good work, and I'll try and input more in the future. AUSSIEWOMBAT[/QUOTE] Aussie! Good to see you back on the forums mate :) Yeah a lot of stuff has been going on in the mod section. I haven't been playing for a while but I'm sure A15 will sort that out ^^

• 2 weeks later...
Update Time! Added: A15 support Added: World editor prefabs can now be searched using the textbox underneath the list Added: Disconnect button to the world editor Connections menu Added: Search all prefabs for a block type. Located in the Global Prefab Functions menu Added: Claims can now be viewed, moved, resized and removed via the world editor (more to come) Added: Static spawn groups are now loaded dynamically from the XML Updated: Edit chunks in editor function would only bring a single column of blocks if editing one chunk Updated: World editor map zoom will zoom to the centre of the displayed map or where the mouse is located Updated: World editor spawn items menu is now re-enabled It's a big update and lots has changed under the hood so, as always, report your bugs! There's been a change on how messages are passed and processed so it could effect pretty much anything. The basics have been tested but Mag has reported an error when opening the editor about invalid XML. I can't replicate it so if any of you guys get it let me know. Cheers, Hal

Thanks for the update Hal [QUOTE=Guppycur;499623]Lol! (jackass. :))[/QUOTE] I'm having an issue getting this installed on a pingperfect server, they added this as a mod to be installed, I can't quite be sure that the Csharp file is installing like it should, but in the meantime how would I connect this to the pingperfect server?

Archived