Requesting info for mod reference.

4sheetzngeegles

I am requesting, anyone that is offically colorblind and plays the

game, please tell me what colors. ingame most affect your vison.

If possible please give a brief description, Example. During night

cycle I/we cant see _____. or this zombie or block is muddy

colored and blurry.

As a second request to anyone that has played, version of this

game prior to A15. What was the most outstanding postive aspect.

Example. Alpha 11.6 The cave system, or alpha 7.11 Zombie head

turn.

turn.

More zombies, yet better performance. I think it started to get really bad with A13, when the new zombie textures and mocap-animations were introduced.

(...)

turn.

I can only go as far back as A14 and the stuff I'm mentioning is prolly not exclusively outstanding to that version. It's just stuff I'd like to see back in the game, so idk if that fulfills your request:

I miss the variety of mid-tier building materials from that period and the choices that came with that. Now it's all streamlined into one go-to material, two useless materials and paint for optics. I like the paint, don't get me wrong, but I also like choices and the need to make due with what a biome offers.

Another thing I miss is the ability to raid fancy places for TVs, lamps and other movable stuff, sure we can craft it now, but why can't we steal it anymore? It's right there... I could just grab it! Instead I have to wrench it and 10 more of it to craft one of my own. Meh.

Oh and something not building/deco related:

SMELL.

HUB CITY.

Thanks, so far this is partially what I am looking for. Basically I didnt get to play some of the older versions. When i read posts regarding, how they played i wanted to see if some of the things that were ingame then but maybe turned off now, could be reintroduced. Kam for yours I can and have made certain items available for pickup.

I can move tables around, and stack them as a blockade, i had to redo the Zombie ai to make them attack those and the school desks. Smell, good one too trying to figure how to turn it on. Each alpha has progressed but changed a lot also, Im trying to find all the actually legacy things that made it fun. Another example was I got to play an old alpha 1 time. I liked the meat on a stick, and sticks,and logs. I just trying to get a well rounded view of 7dtd from them to now.

For the other part I learned how to adjust the complete environmental lighting, which in turn made me think about have a simple import variation for someone that is color blind.

Kubikus, for the more z walkers, I and most of the modders have adjusted the spawning.xml to provide more. Its all about timing and balance, many more zombies, walking speed except horde night. Headshots to kill, body to dismember and hurt. Zombies attack the food animals and destry carcass. I get these ideas as i read, want to incorporate the best of the best from past if possible. Hub city is back as of a17, want to add Slanhatten, as first hub.

Some helpful links...

http://www.colourblindawareness.org/colour-blindness/

https://sobadsogood.com/2017/01/31/what-it-looks-be-colorblind/

I used to have a website where you could upload images and run them through the different filters showing you the results, but I cannot find it right now. Used it a lot when designing websites, but that was almost 10 years ago.

Kubikus, for the more z walkers, I and most of the modders have adjusted the spawning.xml to provide more. Its all about timing and balance, many more zombies, walking speed except horde night. Headshots to kill, body to dismember and hurt. Zombies attack the food animals and destry carcass. I get these ideas as i read, want to incorporate the best of the best from past if possible.
Yes, increasing the number of zombies and making the more dangerous is possible, however, my experiments showed that you can't even go beyond the 64 zombies mark (cept when you spawn them with the... F6? menu) and of course the game runs pretty bad with only a relative few around. My PC certainly is no beast, i5, 1050, 16 GB RAM, but still the game runs worse with 50 zombies than on my old PC with 100. If it was possible to change that, with some beyond-XML-tricks, like using the old zombie models/textures and old walk animations, I'd be overjoyed.

Hub city is back as of a17, want to add Slanhatten, as first hub.
Is it really? One of my major grumps in A16.

I have a sort of partial colorblindness, I forget which one. I can see all the colors, but similar shades blend together. Obviously, if I am seeing colors wrong, I couldn't tell you, but I have had to really pay attention to the difference from blue/purple items... although I can now tell the difference to know which is which.

My main thing, on that end, is telling what's what on the ground. Clay, I can only spot by clearing the grass around it and really looking for the white spots. Fertile dirt in the burnt biomes is almost impossible, although by staring at the ground and strafing makes the shade difference pop for me.

The map... well it's all sorts of nope for me but I don't expect a dev to re-do it. The clutter makes it impossible for me to tell what's what (as in telling the diff from plains/ wasteland, I can tell forest and burnt biomes. Desert, wastelands and the plains are all the same shade to me. I can tell some are darker and lighter than the others, but only if they're adjacent.

The compass player markers, red is barely visible if at all in certain lightings. Blue/purple are the same color and both are seen mainly during the day, other colors are fine (bright yellow and bright green are neigh impossible for me to tell apart, but that's just always anywhere).

Features? Mainly I kinda dislike the various models, I'd prefer plain-old disfigured zombie types. Saves on performance and doesn't feel like "Oh boy, 8 hungry mammas a cpl Mo's and some Darlene's". Kinda cheesy, like clones. Stealth can just go away, I really don't like it. (Unless Faatal does, indeed, fix the AI).

Prob unpopular, but I don't like the vast amount of sleepers. They're obviously alive and idk. Just feels weird.

Ill keep an eye out on anything else i notice in game and report back :)

Thank you for Feedback

SylenThunder: Thank you, those two sites, gave me the exact comparisons i need.

now I can make a gradient chart, in photshop, for ambient lighting. The color

pencil comparison, and stop light helped most.

Kubikus: not sure how many you would like on a screen at once, Ill give you my

spawning.xml entityclasses.xml and entitygroups.xml, called it the flood updated

the parameters.

I was going to make mod around it. Decided to just use as an adjustments. I get

starting, 30+, if you are not quick to dispatch, and moving around. I have

gotten up to 98 on average used f3 to verify, all keyed on me.

Simple secret, it's not one file, but 3 systems that you have to get to work

in synch. I did/will do nothing to try horde night, GuppyCur already has that

covered. All mine walk no need for fast movers, I just wanted constant threat.

And it taught me how to regulate using mid range pc. Inspiration WD The Pit.

Hub city, read Kinyajuu's posts in dev diary. Rwg prefabs.xml will work like

navezgane prefabs.xml. Look at map pic\posts, those have wasteland hub config.

put both together = custom wateland hub city.

Jugginator: Thank you, your examples are giving me direct target example i can

focus on. Dust2Death, got me to start seeing things differently, before and during

his release of the HDTexture Overhaul Mod. The terrain textures, I can adjust

directly, and using ambient sprctrum get some of the colors to show with greater

intensity. From descrips, you may have Protanopia. Ill try an adjustment, and post

pics initially, ill pm you when they are done, check them and please give feedback.

Some will be easier than others. But ill continue.

Thanks for all the helpful feedback.

Oh wow, that's very cool of you, sheetz. Certainly, I'll check at least a couple times a day for the inbox. And I did some looking on on Protanopia, that certainly describes most of my issues. I googled a screenshot of the Navesgame map, and labled it a little. I circled areas of "idk" with text, and placed a cpl stars of what I was talking about. There's a box text describing them.

Couldn't find screenshots containing compass icons.

On another thought, telling what ores are what is rough for me while mining. Again, I train myself to see darker or brighter contrasts when compared. I HAVE to have light no matter what, but I can kinda make out iron from rocks, although the "irony" look in stone throws me off. Nitrate, being white, jumps out easily. Coal... I can see if I see the shine. Oil shale and iron are identical.

HEres the screeny, if you have any questions or etc, feel free :)

map.thumb.jpg.839354996024cad67dab618efb631c95.jpg

Kubukus:

Bruh, u tryna make an enemy 4 life as well or sumthin..?

not sure how many you would like on a screen at once, Ill give you my

spawning.xml entityclasses.xml and entitygroups.xml, called it the flood updated

the parameters.

I was going to make mod around it. Decided to just use as an adjustments. I get

starting, 30+, if you are not quick to dispatch, and moving around. I have

gotten up to 98 on average used f3 to verify, all keyed on me.

Simple secret, it's not one file, but 3 systems that you have to get to work

in synch. I did/will do nothing to try horde night, GuppyCur already has that

covered. All mine walk no need for fast movers, I just wanted constant threat.

And it taught me how to regulate using mid range pc. Inspiration WD The Pit.

I would like thousands. But afaik you cannot have more than 64, I belive it is a hard cap because of the bad performance. If you can get to 90+ (without spawning them in with the debug mode menu), feel free to share your xmls. I would, however, also go back to the old zombies, gladly, if I could have 100+ with my old PC, I probably should get at least 50 more with the one I have now. + they were actually much creepier than the new ones.

Hub city, read Kinyajuu's posts in dev diary. Rwg prefabs.xml will work like

navezgane prefabs.xml. Look at map pic\posts, those have wasteland hub config.

put both together = custom wateland hub city.

Looked for them with the dev tracker, but didn't find any. But of course I believe you. I found some info on the new buffs, interesting stuff, nicely buried in post #32277 of that mess of a thread. But hey, why post relevant information like that in the modding forum, eh? Gotta stay adorable at all times.

Kubikus, corrected the mis spelling, i and u too close together. fatfingered it will be more careful.

I will zip and upload, the config folder for you. Id like to see a serious ant swarm also. But the only

way I have seen was something i learned about on Discord chat. Look at Golaem crowd on google.

ill also pm the other link from discord, got to find again. The hub ref will find and post, these were

are things that interest me also. The cap in code is actually 60 and then some will be removed, but

it does pass that number, overwhelming is only word i can describe. I only use dm to turn on F3 to monitor changes to any of my edits.

Kubikus, corrected the mis spelling, i and u too close together.

I love u too, *blushes*

fatfingered it will be more careful.

I will zip and upload, the config folder for you. Id like to see a serious ant swarm also. But the only

way I have seen was something i learned about on Discord chat. Look at Golaem crowd on google.

ill also pm the other link from discord, got to find again. The hub ref will find and post, these were

are things that interest me also. The cap in code is actually 60 and then some will be removed, but

it does pass that number, overwhelming is only word i can describe. I only use dm to turn on F3 to monitor changes to any of my edits.

Looking forward to the files, if you could drop a few hints about what you changed, I'd be grateful. I do, btw, know about respawndelay="0", I'm using it in a couple of biomes for a "cannon fodder" group of zombies.

Archived