MINIBIKE help

Mumpfy

Hi, so i was wondering if anyone here with more experience modding knows if it is possible to duplicate the minibike.

i posted before a minibike overhaul i did, just textures, so i know i can make it look different, and long time ago i did a modded version of the xml files so i also know i can make it a lot faster. now my question is can i have 2 minibikes in game? like the regular one and then a custom one that i can make faster and different looking?

if anyone has some tips would be appreciated.

Yeh there's just not a lot of space left in the texture atlas; you're much better off finding an existing one and overwriting it.

...hm, wait, I think the minibike texture has its own texture or is in a different atlas.

Dust2Death would know. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Minibike uses multiple texture sets.

It can be done however its far more involved than just replacing the texture.

The only way Im aware of is via SDX.

You will need to rip the mesh and take it into unity. Scale appropriately etc. Apply texture sets. Export as Bundle. Load into game as new vehicle.

If you rip and dont have animations, you will need animations.

Also origin points if you dont get those to.

Only thing I dont have working currently is the exhaust particles and headlight.

Guppycur: yes the minibike has a texture itself you can change it by replacing it, i've done that already and works fine. but then you just have one minibike only with new texture.

DUST2DEATH: that was my fear, that i had to do it from scratch using unity. i've done that with tools and guns, changing textures, using the custom mesh from the game, redoing the animation, fire particles for the guns, attached flashlight, animated shooting and reload, i added a silencer on one pistol. all that i can do. but the minibike is a lot more complex i think. not sure if im able to pull that one.

funny thing is that if you check all the mesh files you can find the new big bike from a17 there... and some other stuff

Minibike uses multiple texture sets.

It can be done however its far more involved than just replacing the texture.

The only way Im aware of is via SDX.

You will need to rip the mesh and take it into unity. Scale appropriately etc. Apply texture sets. Export as Bundle. Load into game as new vehicle.

If you rip and dont have animations, you will need animations.

Also origin points if you dont get those to.

Only thing I dont have working currently is the exhaust particles and headlight.

you mean you tried this? you worked on the bike?

awesome... so many questions... i think i know what you did, or have a good idea at least, im definetly gonna give it a try.

about the light... did you tried adding the light source on unity? i did it with guns before and works.

thanks for the pic... is inspiring.

well done mate, you are the man. i checked yesterday some of the mesh for the bike and i know you went thru a lot of scaling and aligning if you did it from skratch on unity. well done. the big motorcicle do is a full mesh all togheter, you added it just as decoration or you have that working too?

Ah this thread, I was hoping that the Alpha 17 bike & Jeep would of had more depth in its building, Like instead of just an engine you needed to actually construct it using Pistons, Plugs, oilpan & so on..... but heay ho.. The mini bike can stay the same as its a stater bike, I hope when it comes out that theres much more to putting them together....

+Vote for having a new HD skin lol

yeah i have one textured bike, still will make some changes i think. eventually now that DUST figured out how to duplicate it i may do 2 textured bikes, non as the original, one faster, probably up to around 35 speed... we'll see if i can make it more complex to craft.

Archived