How to not break the game

EzunaAranna

I'm on day 50 and I've made a cool little killing pit down into a combination of a blade trap, electric fences and guns.

Horde nights are now one big snore....and a looting fest.

I've experienced this a number of times before where the early game is really exciting then it becomes boring and too easy and it's "time to start another game".

I'm interested to know what others do to stop this tipping point happening. Do you only build in POI's? Do you limit yourselves somehow?

It depends on how much you are willing to edit. Each play style has advantages and disaddvantages. Read about each Genre, and the mode in which its played. Then incorp, the parts you like, dump the rest. This way you enjoy the whole play time vs beginning middle or end.

Short example: pick 4 pois in a squared area edge of city

dig simple tunnel or build hopscotch blocks between each

build from its basic block foundations to the material you like

but secure the entire area with fortifications similar to WWII

barb wire, spikes, sandbag walls, etc. build towers w turrets

and fight in your court square. Basically take it tio them and

hurt some feelings.

I once had a woman teach me, its more fun getting there, then after its done.

In my long game plays I build a lot.

When my current base is OP, and there is no real challenge, I move...

I'm what you would call a "builder". That is the very best part of the game to me.

I always have several ideas for new base designs or alterations to existing concepts. And when I'm building, I always think of alternate ways to do it, and then try them out.

Some games I'll end up with several fully finished bases, which all by themselves could stand up to any hoard.

Also, sometimes a POI is just too tempting, if it's just in the right place or cool view or...

Even a hill somewhere can get the imagination going :).

You might think: "Why not just build away in the creative mode, and then add zombies to test the build".

Well I also play with others, which is cool! And you need SOME unpredictable danger... Otherwise where's the fun? ;)

I would say there isn’t a remedy for your “boredom” because you’ve essentially done what the game has available. You can always edit the game to change things or limit yourself through pseudo challenges but your best bet it to just wait until Alpha 17 like the majority of us.

Yea I think I'll take a break now and start brand new when A17 hits.

In the meantime I found a game called Mist Survival on steam going cheap cheap that's had good early access reviews...may use it to fill in the time.

When A17 hits the wife or anyone else won't see me for weeks :p

Yea I think I'll take a break now and start brand new when A17 hits.

In the meantime I found a game called Mist Survival on steam going cheap cheap that's had good early access reviews...may use it to fill in the time.

When A17 hits the wife or anyone else won't see me for weeks :p

I know this may be a bit tasteless of me, but I got to!

You should check out Kenshi.

You know I've watched a lot about Kenshi and the only thing that puts me off is the third person perspective. I tried project zomboid as well and it didn't have the scare factor that 7DTD has - it was more like the Sims with a zombie mod.

The thing that's made me put in more hours on 7 Days than any other game is the sense of fear and terror. Those early days when you've crap skills, crap gear, are low on food and water and it's night time and you hear......something.....at times I almost have to tell myself to breathe ^_^

I MOD the heck out of the game.

One you've gotten really good at the game and it's not as challenging as you'd like, maybe try some Mods.

Or try Iron-Man.

- No Loot Respawn

- Hardest Mode

- No Air Drops

- Zombies Always Run

- Dead is Dead [you die... you delete the save]

If that doesn't get your heart pumping, not sure what would.

~Lucky

Working-Castle-Tribute-to-A16-Plus-bonus-tips-video

Archived