Low FPS

Freakshow

I know it's been said 1000 times, but I just got 7dtd and am running 10-25fps on a decent computer, I don't know why, I've had a look at fixes and none seem to fix the issue, but my friend who is running a 760gtx and i5 4690k gets 30-60fps, Low of 25 when mining or in a big built base or up high, any reasons/fixes for this, or should I wait until A17?

• 1 month later...

The biggest problem ive had with 7days to die is the memory leak, just the other day i was getting large lag spikes and 7 days to die was using over 12gb of memory, also i had 7days loaded on a ssd. I just exited out of the game and got back in and it fixed the problem. And dont feel bad Im running a [email protected] 16gb DDr4 3000mhz and a GTX 1080 FE @1920mhz and i get around 70-80 average FPS depends on the server im on. This game is the reason i upgraded all my computers to 16gb of memory.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I have really low FPS and my graphic settings are to almost minimum. I know why: my computer sucks! :smile-new:

BUT!!!

I am thinking of upgrading RAM and maybe overclock my CPU (i readed that this game needs a lot of RAM good CPU). I just want to hear your opinion about this before i spent money on more RAM.

My computer specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 760 2.80GHz

Graphic: AMD Radeon HD 6800(1GB GDDR5)

RAM: 4GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte H55-UD3H

HDD

Win7 64bit

Tnx for help!

It's so unusual to see 4GB of DDR3... maybe back in the day when it was DDR1 or 2, it would have been common, but DDR3? Are you absolutely sure you have a 64bit Windows 7 running?

EDIT: nvm, I just saw how old that CPU is...

Ignore my post, lol

Well, it may not help too much in your case, but I found a report that Voice Chat has a severe "whatever thing" going on that drops FPS. I got a decent increase turning it off + lowering the sliders to 0% for good measure, try that. But yeah, if you have a nother stick laying around I'd try to get 8GB

If you have a stock cooler with the CPU, then you won't get much out of it without possibly doing damage. But ya, if you do have a good aftermarket cooler and can overclock a bit, it should help a bit with 7d2d along with the additional ram. But like SylenThunder mentioned, your GPU isn't too great for this game either... so you really need to consider whether or not it's even worth investing anymore money into this system at all. If you're just interested in buying ram and not expecting miracles, then it's worth it, but otherwise, build a new system.

I also recommend just going with used or refurbished ram. Depending on how many sticks of ram you have in your system already,... so like if you have just 1 stick of 4GB, then try buying an identical stick of ram so you can benefit from dual channel and not have any conflicts. If you have 2 sticks and have 2 more available slots, you can try to find 2 similar ram sticks of identical MHz and latency (I don't think size matters when it's on a separate channel, only the performance) for maximum stability. Otherwise, just swap out what's installed with new sticks and you'll be fine.

Buying a used GPU is a much higher risk due to bitcoin mining, so I'm not sure it's worth it.

Disable ingame voice communication if you can; for some systems it somtimes cause latency and fps drops.

Set UMA textures to Medium, another feature that get buggy (mem leak) that may cause gradual fps drops.

Set LOD (render distance) to 10 not 12 for now.

That's all I got. :)

Disable ingame voice communication if you can; for some systems it somtimes cause latency and fps drops.

Set UMA textures to Medium, another feature that get buggy (mem leak) that may cause gradual fps drops.

Set LOD (render distance) to 10 not 12 for now.

That's all I got. :)

Can confirm on the disabling voice. I used to start at 50-60 FPS (15-26 in high load situations) and slowly edge to 20 max and... unbearable at high loads and after I stay between 32 - 60 fps depending.

Archived