A word of advice...

... Don't name your RNG "Help ma Boab". It's the most inhospitable map I've played on. Burnt forest for days, split into little islands, and just when you think you find a more friendly biome, boom! Wasteland! Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads. Three buildings I've found are Shamway and Days End together in the burnt forest, and a strip club in the wasteland. And now I'm giving up and generating a new map.

Bonus points to anyone who knows what "Help ma Boab" means.

best map i have found is "refuge". it has 5 or 6 towns, 3 army bases, 3 army camps, and best of all, a 6 biome conjunction just a few hundred meters west of X: 0. (or is it Y:0, i can never keep that straight. it's the N-S center line). and 2 of the army bases, a good sized town, and a trader all within a few hundred meters of the convergence. most resources are nearly unlimited and the surface is over 100m from bedrock, plenty of area to mine. very iron rich. a very good seed.

best map i have found is "refuge". it has 5 or 6 towns, 3 army bases, 3 army camps, and best of all, a 6 biome conjunction just a few hundred meters west of X: 0. (or is it Y:0, i can never keep that straight. it's the N-S center line). and 2 of the army bases, a good sized town, and a trader all within a few hundred meters of the convergence. most resources are nearly unlimited and the surface is over 100m from bedrock, plenty of area to mine. very iron rich. a very good seed.

omg

played 'refuge' last night, setup long days on adventurer. started 300 yards from a 4 way with a motel and pass&gas. day 2 already have forge and workbench from pass&gas.

so far excellent map

omg

played 'refuge' last night, setup long days on adventurer. started 300 yards from a 4 way with a motel and pass&gas. day 2 already have forge and workbench from pass&gas.

so far excellent map

i think i know where you are at. it has been a while since we have played because the game is unplayable for us now. but if i remember the map correctly, you are somewhere around 400 S x 400 E. the biome convergence is near 100 N x 1000 W i think. like i said, it has been a while since we have played, about 3 months. i can remember general details, buy specific details are vague. there is a trader down around 200 S x 1000 W, and a large town about 200 m south of that. there is also a bunker a couple hundred m NW of the trader. maybe i will see if i can get into the game for some precise numbers.

i was just a little bit off on the locations.

there is a army base at 100 N x 2200 W. just a little west of that is the convergence. there is a trader about 300m north. about 300m west of the trader is another army base. about 100m north of the trader is a trailer park. about 600m of tha trader is a good sized town with a Shamway, hook store, 2 cemeteries, a car lot, a fortified settlement, and a few other POIs i can't remember at the moment. we made the army base at 100 N x 2200 W our home and enjoyed the benefts of having Gressland, wasteland, snow, desert, and plains biomes close by. we never had a shortage of any resource.

sadly, i couldn't get get more precise locations for the couthern area, that was my wife's territory and i didn't save many landmarks for down there. i know her base was near 1800 S x 1500 W. there was atrader SW of her and a nice town south of that (there is a Shotgun Messiah and a night club in that one). and there is so much more. and i never did get a chance to explore the whole map. everything east of 000 E is a total mystery to me.

oh yeah, just remembered, watch out for caves/pits. this map has a lot of them, so there is no shortage of nitrate, either.

I don't even remember how many seeds I have jumped on and been total junk. Now I create a seed in creative and spawn in the bike parts and drive around on nothing but the roads for a few to see how it looks. This is why I wish console had a map preview like PC. I would be happy with just a simple easy map previewer it doesn't have to be anything like the one in pc in either of the versions a15 or 16 just something would be nice to have and would save loads of time. I know PC I can only load a seed in the map previewer about maybe 5 times with 100% map showing before my game freezes up and have to reboot. So this is where I would just be happy if console had just a simple map to preview. I would even be down if the forums had a link attached to pull it up and look because maybe it isn't possible for the console to have it. If that is the case hell I would even be happy to have like a different app you can download on console that had nothing but a map previewer for the game if that what it took. Anyway maybe one day console will maybe it won't. It is what it is I guess.

Archived