Electric Fence not working

Hohmannclan

I have tried everything and can't get the electric fence to work. I have tried experimenting in creative mode, but still nothing. I am using a generator bank wired directly to the electric fence post A. Post A is then wired to Post B, which is 5 blocks away from Post A. I can see the electricity flow, but standing in the wire does nothing. I then tried using a trip wire, but again, nothing. I have searched the forums, but can't find an answer to why it doesn't work. Please help!

I have seen a fair amount of bugs during my play in A16, but never this one... I haven't even heard of such a bug.

The "wires change position on electric posts" bug I have seen and experienced, and the solar cell issue as well.

I would completely uninstall the game and delete the game folder, to fix it.

It should work.

Dont worry, your save game is in the documents folder, so you won't lose it on reinstall.

I actually reported a similar bug in A16 experimental. I found out that sometimes when you wire an electric fence it doesn't work, but if you disconnect the fence posts and reconnect them (don't re-place them, just re-attach the wire) a second time they usually start to work.

I don't know if that bug still persists in A16.4 because I havne't played 16.4, so that could be your problem or it might be something else entirely.

ive never used electric fences, does a circuit need to be made? as in post b back to generator?

Nope, just generator/battery to post A to post B. In A16E I had a problem where I'd have to sometimes link post A to post B multiple times for the fence to work, but idk whether that has since been fixed or if that's what he's experiencing.

The video I watched, it was to tripwire post A, which goes to post B, which then goes to fencepost B, which goes to fencepost A.

The tripwire activates the fence I guess.

I've never tried just direct to the fenceposts.

Probably Z-Nation...

The trick with trip wires + electric fences are good for saving on power.

But assuming your going to walk your character where the fence is, you'd be better off just using the motion sensor + electric fence.

Only active when zombies are around, so safer... But also saves even more power.

Archived