Hornets AND Vultures please

Kevin1000

hornets in this game suck, they need to have an on or off option. but seeing how many of you defend keeping them around in the game then maybe we should add a huge flying pterodactyl that craps all over the place too! or how bout a flying 1979 Ford Pinto that was mutated by radiation and all it does is try to mount your face to infect you with herpes,i know we could call it Herpie! The love Bug!

side note, pretty stupid having zombies be able to tear down walls or melt them, why even give the ability to craft/create to have your work destroyed by auto griefing AI, i thought we could just leave that to players to do or "bandits" as you all so call them. there should be toggles to turn off digging,block destruction and stupid hornets!

too many people complaining about these hornets but no answers. we can definitely change the rate they spawn and or turn them on and off in the game files that they provide us. Probably do this in spawning.xml but my issue is im now on alpha 16.4 and they have completely removed these hornets from the game and i want them back to fly alongside those bliming vultures. i want both so can someone tell me the code writing for the hornets from an old version >??????

Resurrecting a thread from 2013 is not the way to get answers. Please start new threads if the topic you wish to discuss started during a previous alpha so that people don't get confused by the outdated information. Bringing up comments about Alpha 5 and 6 is ridiculous when everyone is playing Alpha 16.

hi so i am getting this: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I only get this when i try to spawn a hornet in to my alpha 16.4 game. I took all the files i could find for the hornet from alpha 15.1 game files and pasted them in to my alpha 16.4 files in the correct places. For me in my case this error is to do with the hornet text in the Items document. see bellow. i have two id82 because they decided to take the hornet out of the game and only in this file they reused id82 for another zombie.

<item id="82" name="stingHornet">

<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />

<property name="Material" value="organic" />

<property name="Canhold" value="false" />

<property name="HoldType" value="28" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="1" />

<property name="Candrop" value="false" />

<property class="Action0">

<property name="Class" value="Melee" />

<property name="Delay" value="2.0" />

<property name="Range" value="2.8" />

<property name="Sphere" value="0.4" />

<property name="Block_range" value="2.5" />

<property name="DamageEntity" value="15" />

<property name="DamageBlock" value="5" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="swoosh" />

</property>

</item>

<item id="82" name="handZombieStrong">

<property name="Extends" value="handMaster"/>

<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>

<property class="Action0">

<property name="DamageEntity" value="20"/>

<property name="DamageBlock" value="2"/>

<property name="Buff" value="bleeding,infection,stunned"/>

<property name="Buff_chance" value="0.2,0.2,0.4"/>

</property>

</item>

Previous to this error it was saying that "name: stingHornet" doesnt exist and i also had problems with the "hand" - the hornets attack.

I really hope someone can help me fix this problem because i have edited a few files (see below) to make the game so much better.

Working oven - done

toilets give murkey water - done

Sinks give clean water when clicked on with empty jar - done

Start with bottle water, canCilli, huntingKnife, torch, landClaimBlock on SP and MP- done

No radiation damage - done

All help will be greatly apreciated thanks

i do agree with you roland but maybe you guys should go through the forum and clean up really old threads like a year plus old

The problem isn't with people accessing the information on the old threads. People should be able to read the old stuff for posterity if for no other reason.

The problem is with people trying to force topics from previous alphas to be relevant to the current alpha. Hornets have been gone a long time and they're not coming back in vanilla. ALL of the reasons were presented and debated a long time ago. End of story.

Archived