Navezgame The Canyon Updated For RandomGen

War3zuk

Navezgame The Canyon Updated For RandomGen *UPDATED* (Replaced top level with Terrain Filler as per guidance from Guppy & added SnowBiome to xml) Tested & Working Pic shows its spawned crossing 2 biomes lol

Taken from Navezgame, all blocks upgraded to concrete, Repainted throughout, Loot crates replaced or added, Plus lots of hidden loot in various places..Ore added in the correct places & some other small stuff...

Alpha 16.4

Loaded Into RG

Ure_Cave_Ext_3.jpg

Pic 1

Ure_Cave_Ext_1.jpg

Pic 2

Ure_Cave_Ext_2.jpg

Download link

https://tinyurl.com/y8g5akeq

RGWmixer.xml

prefab_rule name="W_POIs_rare_Set_A">

<prefab name="War3zuk_Canyon_Cave" min_count="1" max_count="1" prob="50" />

Yeah I have all 4 files, Depth of the prefab I believe to be around 65 blocks total..50 ish blocks into the ground... I will say that were it origially was meant to poke out of the cliff those 2 areas have been blocked fully so only way out is the same way in... its a closed prefab only having the opening thats on the surface...

n2n1 is right.

I was redoing the underground catacombs of my prefab the sphinx and dicovered that the depth was too much. Almost the same depth like your prefab has.

It will spawn the bottom parts into Bedrock and thats while it will often fail to spawn.

Now my prefab has only half of the depth and everything seems good with Rwg/Nav spawning. Maybe you need to cut some parts but test it yourself.

Is there an app or mod that I can spawn a random world & it tell me what prefabs have spawned & their Coords....?

The only way to make it have less depth would be to cut parts away which would spoil it... I dont think theres a mod that allows copy paste actions within the game so cutting the lower section & moving it would be impossible, Id have to rebuild an area much higher which im not sure about id have to have a look... ill try getting it to spawn first if i can find a way of detecting it on the map...

no. start a new rwg world with your prefab and search it..best is to remove all other prefabs in the rwgmixer so its easier to spot the one prefab.

im not sure but i think there is a console command for servers wit manager to teleport to an specific prefab. this has to answer someone else because i dont know

Ive ajusted the bottom saving 15 blocks, Gonna finish this, I dont think ill be lucky enough to find it as I tried a few times & couldnt find the prefab although from whats been said that may be because it was breaking the rules although I have the mesh file & didnt see the building on top

Done as you said & blocked the very last bit saving nearly 16 blocks, It spawned ok in multiplaces at multiple depths so gonna clean it up then go from there....

All finished & tested, It loads up fine in multiple places without issues leaving plenty of room below, 45 Blocks into the ground 65 approx block total size, half a meg smaller than the original..

Links & Pics all updated....

Ive not seen many to be fair, Back about a year ago id notice building mesh files then when getting closer it would go but now I see it very rarely TBH... I prefer it as you can see the prefabs for thousands of blocks with your settings on Ultra.. Most of my prefabs are pretty simple in design so much less likely to have issues.. It spawns in the world fine & without issues from what I could see in testing.. You were right about the original prefab being to low in the ground, The extra 18 or so blocks removed seemed to do the trick..

Misleading title is misleading. Thought you exported the actual Canyon terrain formation. This is cool too however. :)

I did laugh sorry :) The title states ive edited & updated the original Canyon Prefab which is exactly what ive done... I wish it was possible to export the entire canyon cos it would look bloody cool in random gen... & thanks

I have it set at Desert only for Biome cos thats were it is in Navezgame.. ? & TerrainFiller ? lol Not heard of that... ill go look what would you suggest would be the best setting for its XML ?

<property name="CopyAirBlocks" value="True"/>

<property name="AllowTopSoilDecorations" value="False"/>

<property name="TraderArea" value="False"/>

<property name="ExcludeDistantPOIMesh" value="False"/>

<property name="Zoning" value="BiomeOnly"/>

<property name="RotationToFaceNorth" value="2"/>

<property name="YOffset" value="-45"/>

<property name="MaxPerHub" value="1"/>

<property name="AllowedBiomes" value="desert"/>

<property name="AllowedTownships" value="rural,wilderness"/>

<property name="SleeperVolumeStart" value="0, 0, 0#0, 18, 0#0, 41, 0#0, 14, 11"/>

<property name="SleeperVolumeSize" value="64, 18, 44#64, 23, 44#64, 26, 44#9, 4, 8"/>

<property name="SleeperVolumeGroup" value="S_ZomUtilityWorker_L,S_ZomUtilityWorker_L,S_ZomUtilityWorker_Med,S_LootRoom_S"/>

<property name="SleeperVolumeGameStageAdjust" value=",,,medium"/>

<property name="SleeperIsLootVolume" value="False,False,False,True"/>

Terrainfiller is a generic terrain block that takes on the properties of neighboring blocks... So instead of sand, it would be snow in the snow biome, forest in the forest, etc.

Since that will likely never spawn in the desert naturally (too low), it would be cool to change it over to snow.

Yeah was thinking about what was said last night, Ill switch it over to snow today & upload it.. Never used terrain filler though so that ill have to go find ... The reason its in the snow is when testing the prefab I just added the lines to all biomes & then tested to see by spending an hours running around the map, It spawned in 3 of the biomes that I could see in multiple places 2+ atleast... Hence why its got desert terrain cos thats where I took it from obviously & didnt want to change that as I figured people would say well in Navezgame its in the desert biome so why does mine spawn in the snow or in the grasslands lol... The only thing im after or hope for is that it spawns atleast once when ppl add it cos it would be a cool prefab to have on any map...

Also a problem, If I use terrain filler then edit its xml doesnt that mean it will spawn multiple times on any given RG map ? does anyone know of a good way to allow only 1 spawning per map or will it always be 1 spawn per biome cos that would mean a min max of 2 on any given map...

Done, Looks nice Thanks :) When testing it spawned in the snow twice & desert once all without issues..

The min-maxcount you set in the rwgmixer is always per cell, not per biome. So even if you restrict your mine to desert or snow only, it can spawn multiple times.

Terrainfiller = block ID 28, if it's not in the creative menu when you click to enable dev blocks, then the only option would be Pille's editor, which is a supremely useful tool for builders in any case. E.g. it also allows you to see the exact height/depth of a prefab to configure your xml, auto-replace block materials for the whole prefab at once instead of upgrading blocks manually one-by-one, cut excess rows etc....

Just a heads-up, if you load up a prefab in HAL's empty world, terrainfiller is invisible, so no panic ;)

It is worth mentioning too, that terrain filler blocks only work when generating a new randomgen, not with direct imports into already generated worlds.

And they also only work on surface level. Any terrain filler blocks put above or under that level will just not spawn and leave an empty space.

Once I seen his comment & went & sorted it out straight away & uploaded the new version so alls good & yeah never used it before but can use the editor so did it that way so it matched, Also took the time to remove the name from the prefabs so they just say either Library or Jailhouse or what ever the prefab is... I renamed them all with my Tag War3zuk which is the name I joined here on but couldnt post so made the tallon one... Im greatful for all the help & advise ive had as I do love to mod & build, always have since the 80's lol Just takes a bit longer to learn these days haha, My Canyon spawned crossing 2 biomes & looked pretty cool so the terrain filler was a cool idea

Also flattened the top most block so its flat to where ever it spawns as the original had a 9 block height from its original position.. I think it just looked better when testing its spawn..

Archived