Electric Light Intensity

Coolit

Hey guys,

I put together an image with 4 screenshots comparing the electric light intensity. I personally think that for all the work it takes to wire up all those lights and the time it takes to save for 6 solar cells + 6 batteries at max durability, the lights should be a lot stronger. I feel like the lights are weaker than candles.

Lights

1 - Dome Light

2 - Fluorescent Light

3 - Simple Light

4 - Simple Lights (4)

Room Sizes

Small - 5x5x4

Large - 9x9x4

Textures

Floor - Grey Marble / Carpet 4

Walls and Ceiling - Metal Stainless Steel

light-strength-comparison.thumb.jpg.aa15d19600b4d31d099c706fa0303d03.jpg

Looks like the Simple Light wins out of all 3. The 4th screenshots shows the use of 4 simple lights in a 9x9 room.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hey guys,

I put together an image with 4 screenshots comparing the electric light intensity. I personally think that for all the work it takes to wire up all those lights and the time it takes to save for 6 solar cells + 6 batteries at max durability, the lights should be a lot stronger. I feel like the lights are weaker than candles.

Lights

1 - Dome Light

2 - Fluorescent Light

3 - Simple Light

4 - Simple Lights (4)

Room Sizes

Small - 5x5x4

Large - 9x9x4

Textures

Floor - Grey Marble / Carpet 4

Walls and Ceiling - Metal Stainless Steel

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24206[/ATTACH]

Looks like the Simple Light wins out of all 3. The 4th screenshots shows the use of 4 simple lights in a 9x9 room.

Let me know your thoughts.

Well... If you're going Solar Banks... Then that's what it is for them, and the way you power the lights has no effect upon the light they output.

Yes! Simple lights are better but the industrial 'square'/'rectangle' ones are decent too. The 'color scheme' of the area you're trying to light up does have an effect upon the lighting. Albeit - they all should produce a bit different light pattern or 'lighting scheme.' As I've been saying we need more options in everything and for lighting I think it might be cool to have a 'block light.' One that could light up the floor or wall from that block. Or even 'LED' strip lights we could either add directly or as an option for a block.

Archived