Is there any way to do this?

Vomkat

1) Create large biomes, I hate seeing gross intersections, I want to play desert only, snow only, etc

2) Erase the map and respawn far away. I only play dead is dead, but it might be fun to stumble across one of my old bases.

3) Are there any dead is dead servers? I've never found a MP server I liked, I'd just like to play with a small group of people and if you die... was nice knowing you. I hate joining a server and people are running around with rocket launchers and there are no zombies for some reason. I also hate respawning loot, and whats the point of PvP when every server has anti-griefing rules?

4) Get rid of the red sky on horde nights? Its really ugly and actually makes it easier to see, can horde night just be black like every other night?

5) Get rid of the starter missions? As a dead is dead player, they get really annoying. Especially the one that makes me place random wood blocks that I really don't want to waste time on, and the one that makes me waste 8 stone on a campfire that I never use.

6) Make zombies spawn underground, so my mine shaft is no longer safe. I thought about it and I don't think its immersion breaking. My mineshaft is obviously where all the helpless survivors I rescue are living, so it makes sense that I would run into zombies down there. There should be a specific type of no loot zombie that only spawns in underground locations.

7) Turn off the traders. I mean, come on... why not just play creative mode?

8) Avoid everyone that doesn't play dead is dead, because they are shameless cheaters. They always give terrible advice because they are used to playing with infinite lives and infinite loot.

6) Avoid everyone that doesn't play dead is dead, because they are shameless cheaters.

I'm sure I am one of the #6's since I do not play Dead is Dead or what "we" term as "Perma-Death" <G> Albeit 'we've' played Perma-Death quite a few times and enjoyed it!

There probably is a way to do this and in my 'cheating' I have found ways to do similar things for most.

As for #2 - If you erase the map - everything built by a player is erased... So therefore you couldn't stumble upon one of your old bases...

I'm pretty sure you can pretty much do almost everything... I'm not sure about the Red Sky thing... I have a feeling or an inkling that its hard coded... And therefore not easily done - if not impossible to do.

So - Since I cheat... I can not continue to cheat by handing everything else over to you to prevent you from having to do some research on how to do all this.

1) Create large biomes, I hate seeing gross intersections, I want to play desert only, snow only, etc

2) Erase the map and respawn far away. I only play dead is dead, but it might be fun to stumble across one of my old bases.

3) Are there any dead is dead servers? I've never found a MP server I liked, I'd just like to play with a small group of people and if you die... was nice knowing you. I hate joining a server and people are running around with rocket launchers and there are no zombies for some reason. I also hate respawning loot, and whats the point of PvP when every server has anti-griefing rules?

4) Get rid of the red sky on horde nights? Its really ugly and actually makes it easier to see, can horde night just be black like every other night?

5) Get rid of the starter missions? As a dead is dead player, they get really annoying. Especially the one that makes me place random wood blocks that I really don't want to waste time on, and the one that makes me waste 8 stone on a campfire that I never use.

6) Make zombies spawn underground, so my mine shaft is no longer safe. I thought about it and I don't think its immersion breaking. My mineshaft is obviously where all the helpless survivors I rescue are living, so it makes sense that I would run into zombies down there. There should be a specific type of no loot zombie that only spawns in underground locations.

7) Turn off the traders. I mean, come on... why not just play creative mode?

8) Avoid everyone that doesn't play dead is dead, because they are shameless cheaters. They always give terrible advice because they are used to playing with infinite lives and infinite loot.

1) Yeah. Edit the Rwgmixer file.

2) No. You play dead is dead. Deal with it.

3) No, because multiplayer doesn't support that feature. Think of it like minecraft. You can't play Hardcore multiplayer (which is basically the same thing, world deleted on death).

4) Going to assume yes on this one, but likely requires DLL modding.

5) No because it breaks the game. You can cut it down to just "make a bedroll" though. It won't tell you where the trader is. Edit quests.xml. (You NEED 1 starter quest, but you can technically make it whatever you want).

6) Unsure on this one. Going to say it might be possible but not something I've looked into.

7) Yes. Edit RWGMixer to remove trader POI's. Though you do realise they exist because you can ONLY get some items from them?

8) Get off the internet and adjust your attitude. Your way isn't the only way to play.

Sure, if you come across an empty mine with an opening that seems all good and fine, but once you clear it out and add a concrete wall what kind of magic are zombies using to just show up inside from out of nowhere.

That is going to go well with a lot of people...

That is going to go well with a lot of people...

Mad cuz bad? Sorry, no respect for respawners. I watched a Youtube video, "HARDCORE ALWAYS RUN", his whole strategy was about gathering resources and funneling them to the center. Dying was clearly ok, as long as resources were moving closer to the center. He'd go out the next day and find his backpacks.

With respawning resources and infinite lives any idiot can fail their way to success. I don't know how many posts I've seen where the basic theme is "This game is easy." and those people are always respawners. You got all the people that are like "Dogs aren't so bad..." I guess they aren't when they can't kill you! Lol, there was even some pro video called "DEAD IS DEAD HARD MODE" and he proceeded to load up a mod which started him with a pickaxe and extra food/water. Lol! :rapture:

Thanks to the person who told me how to make large biomes, I'll try that next time. I remember someone said, "Try to build your base on the border between biomes..." Lol. When was the last time you walked back and forth between the desert and a snowfield?

I'm hoping to make a MP server where anyone who dies is banned.

How do I put this politely...

People who DON'T play "Dead is Dead" are playing the game as intended. Because that's the mechanics of the game.

Again, this is YOUR playstyle and being a rude asshat about others who choose not to play it is not doing you any favours. Especially in your first 2 posts on this forum.

It doesn't make you MLGA Pro or any other bollocks, so reign it in.

Archived