Item counts in air drops changed?

gilean23

So the wife and I just started playing (local split screen) again. Last time we played was around patch 9 or 10. Previously, it seemed like stackable items (recipes, med kits, etc) that appeared in air drop crates would almost always have 2 items there... one copy of the recipe for each of us. Now there's usually just one copy of each item in the crate. Was this an intentional change that I missed somewhere?

I play on PS4 private games, and at least half of my airdrops have duplicate schematics(Last game it was flaming arrows quite often.). I rarely have anyone join my games, and end up with stacks of the big med kits as well, mostly from airdrops.

They used to stack. I think that might be the change that happened... since they don't stack now, they don't give duplicates any more. We do usually play on 200% loot.

There you go then. Recipes dont stack, and haven't for some time now.

recipes, maps, & challenges no longer come in multiples of 2 or more since the update in January, but maps & challenges still stack where recipes don't. i have also noticed that some recipies have become more common while others have become extremely rare (day 111 and STILL no hunting knife book).

recipes, maps, & challenges no longer come in multiples of 2 or more since the update in January, but maps & challenges still stack where recipes don't. i have also noticed that some recipies have become more common while others have become extremely rare (day 111 and STILL no hunting knife book).

RNG is a funny mistress. It tends to keep one item out of reach for the long haul.

A lot of the console crowd may not know about the Dark Times, when you couldn't even build a forge before finding the right book. :p

Oh, I recall the days where we would sell our firstborn to the RNG gods just to get that book. Man those were dark times. Even worst than stickgate was.

I always was able to make one from day 1 but never found the book again. I don't even know how the book looks like. That's weird

I played over 200 hours and I've never seen the book for beer or natural antibiotics.

i wound up buying thr brewing book from a trader, a waste of tokens as i have never even a hops flower. iam not sure there is a book for the natural antibiotics. that recipe opened automatically when i hit a certain medicine level. i think 25.

the hunting book is orange and looks like the pistol book. i think thet it should be changed to "bladed weapons" so we could craft our own machetes and maybe even larger weapons. maybe make it a skill where you need the book to open up the skill and give you the forge hunting knives, then every 25 levels in the skill opens up a new recipe.

I played over 200 hours and I've never seen the book for beer or natural antibiotics.

Both can become available from traders (I think the brewing book and hops are trader only). You used to be able to find the natural antibiotics recipe in treasure chests but I don't know if that's still the case.

Both can become available from traders (I think the brewing book and hops are trader only). You used to be able to find the natural antibiotics recipe in treasure chests but I don't know if that's still the case.

To add to this, I've only ever seen the brewing book after buying into secret stash.

i wound up buying thr brewing book from a trader, a waste of tokens as i have never even a hops flower. iam not sure there is a book for the natural antibiotics. that recipe opened automatically when i hit a certain medicine level. i think 25.

the hunting book is orange and looks like the pistol book. i think thet it should be changed to "bladed weapons" so we could craft our own machetes and maybe even larger weapons. maybe make it a skill where you need the book to open up the skill and give you the forge hunting knives, then every 25 levels in the skill opens up a new recipe.

The book exists, I didn't mean it's bad that I haven't found them yet just saying. @Damselx1, Yea I remembered after my comment that I have found the book for natural antibiotics once but don't know where.

To add to this, I've only ever seen the brewing book after buying into secret stash.

In my current game, I have both the book and the hops from my trader but haven't put any points into the secret stash yet - I did however do quite a bit of trading so bumped up my bartering skill.

In my current game, I have both the book and the hops from my trader but haven't put any points into the secret stash yet - I did however do quite a bit of trading so bumped up my bartering skill.

Nice. I have o my seen it after getting at least one rank in secret stash.

i think thet it should be changed to "bladed weapons" so we could craft our own machetes and maybe even larger weapons. maybe make it a skill where you need the book to open up the skill and give you the forge hunting knives, then every 25 levels in the skill opens up a new recipe.

I like this idea. I definitely like skills that you can level yourself without spending skill points, but this gives it a little bit more of progression.

Archived