Mods that change AI?

Yorae

So I've been playing for quite a long time and am looking for mods that improve AI instead of add a million extra items.

I've played Valmod and War of the walkers and both were interesting but the zombies were still the same.

I was watching a some streamers playing and one was using Dying Lands I think? The corpses turned to remains and had to be skinned to loot and the zombies could attack even when knocked down. More zombies also came if engaging in combat for long I think.

Anyways there are a million mods and just wondering what ones alter the zombies and in what ways to see what to try next

So I've been playing for quite a long time and am looking for mods that improve AI instead of add a million extra items.

I've played Valmod and War of the walkers and both were interesting but the zombies were still the same.

I was watching a some streamers playing and one was using Dying Lands I think? The corpses turned to remains and had to be skinned to loot and the zombies could attack even when knocked down. More zombies also came if engaging in combat for long I think.

Anyways there are a million mods and just wondering what ones alter the zombies and in what ways to see what to try next

The Dying Lands has Zombies and Ghouls both done to give different feels on how they react. Ghouls are in the wilderness for the most part and zeds are in the pois .. for the most part. They basically act almost like opposing factions that fight each other for the prize.. You!

Zeds are highly aggressive and destructive in the mod (I actually had to lower the block damage in half along with entity damage).

You can Sneak at night but daytime you can't.. except if you lose their LoS for more than 30secs. Ghouls you cant rely on the sneak mode eye as a handicap you need to actually look around to make sure they aren't after you.

So that is the name of the mod I seen yeah. I just want small fixes where the zombies can damage the walls if there are no stairs and maybe not always go for doors so they might come in through the walls. It looked pretty good but is it the only mod so far that changes the zombie patterns and behaviour?

So that is the name of the mod I seen yeah. I just want small fixes where the zombies can damage the walls if there are no stairs and maybe not always go for doors so they might come in through the walls. It looked pretty good but is it the only mod so far that changes the zombie patterns and behaviour?

All I can say for sure is ppl are probably working on it more ;)

The problem is you can only direct zombies to attack a "block" and doors count as a block. They'll just go for whatever is closest.

It's kinda annoying.

Not entirely true. The priorities can be changed. if i wanted i could make them not attack any block and only the player and other entities ;)

The problem is you can only direct zombies to attack a "block" and doors count as a block. They'll just go for whatever is closest.

It's kinda annoying.

Not true, you can remove door priority entirely from a zed and have them attack JUST the blocks at your base, or in front of them.

Edit: Grand Master Tin beat me to it :)

Not true, you can remove door priority entirely from a zed and have them attack JUST the blocks at your base, or in front of them.

Edit: Grand Master Tin beat me to it :)

That made me go look, and yep. I found it.

Didn't realise BreakDoor was a task. I may do some tweaking.

Messing with zombie AI beyond a few minimal changes is very difficult, since most of the AI behavior is hard coded pretty deep in the dlls, and the options presented to modders on the surface level are very, very minimal. Tin's mod is probably the most extensive rework of the Ais at current, modifying their sight-range, field of view, how long they track you once they lose sight, and exploiting the attack_ranged function to make them flail wildly with melee attacks whenever they see you. Along with adding a second 'faction' of zombie-like enemies(ghouls). All of these options are visible on a surface level and can be played with(though the flailing took a bit of ingenuity), and some other options can be played with(not having them prioritize doors is easy), but beyond that there is only so much one can do without pulling apart the hard-coded AI, which... would be a massive undertaking.

Messing with zombie AI beyond a few minimal changes is very difficult, since most of the AI behavior is hard coded pretty deep in the dlls, and the options presented to modders on the surface level are very, very minimal. Tin's mod is probably the most extensive rework of the Ais at current, modifying their sight-range, field of view, how long they track you once they lose sight, and exploiting the attack_ranged function to make them flail wildly with melee attacks whenever they see you. Along with adding a second 'faction' of zombie-like enemies(ghouls). All of these options are visible on a surface level and can be played with(though the flailing took a bit of ingenuity), and some other options can be played with(not having them prioritize doors is easy), but beyond that there is only so much one can do without pulling apart the hard-coded AI, which... would be a massive undertaking.

What the biggest pain in the rear atm, is having 2 different AIs systems to play with and both are missing features that the other have.

The UtilAI Has quite a bit of control in certain areas that the normal AITask/Target doesn't and vise versa.

It'll be interesting too see what TFP end up doing. Merge the 2 together? Throw everything out and make a new one? Personally hoping they just make a new one.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived