Can someone please help me port Katana mod from A11 to A16?

SonicSonedit

His download link is broken for me =\

Project 2: A couple weapons from True Survival, edited into Valmod.

Weapons are: Katana, Bat, Nailed Bat, Lucille, Brass Knuckles.

Brass Knuckles were a pain, as there are changes between 16.2 and 16.4, and they were broken even in TS, due to the fact that the base code has no ability to handle brass weapons. As a result, they look a little funky when seen 3rd person, and can't be repaired/scrapped(because I had to make them act like they were made out of iron... it's a hack). But they work.

Each weapon has a basic action. They also each have a secondary action you can enable, by finding them in the file and finding the 'Action1' line and removing the commenting around them( <!-- and --> ) will enable them.

To install, simply paste these files into their respective locations within a working folder of Valmod. Note that you then have to launcher from the 7dtd exe in that folder, NOT the launcher, as the launcher will overwrite these files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MZj0ZO_W1ocjPj3KQzt3GH8YALYqU1Tw

Link doesn't work

Have you got it working? Let me know if you need any assistance.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, the reason for the 'no preview' is because it's a zipped file in a format Google Drive doesn't like. Been thinking I should probably figure out github or something for file uploads, I just happened to have Google drive already handy., so used that.

Have you got it working? Let me know if you need any assistance.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, the reason for the 'no preview' is because it's a zipped file in a format Google Drive doesn't like. Been thinking I should probably figure out github or something for file uploads, I just happened to have Google drive already handy., so used that.

So I tried to copy files from ValWeapons to Mods and Config directories and here is the result:

https://clip2net.com/clip/m351651/80d21-clip-1152kb.png

https://clip2net.com/clip/m351651/0fb8a-clip-1067kb.png

Any help please? This is Valmod Expansion, not overhaul.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I understand correctly that it will not work without modded DLLs?

All custom weapons mod DLLs? How come valmod adds a lot of items without modding DLLs?

You need the appropriate custom icons and appropriate text from the localization file as well.

How do I do that? I copied all content ValWeapons\Mods\ into 7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\Mods\ without replacing to avoid breaking current setup.

Nevermind the localization, the main problem is that I miss both icon and model, animation is still there though.

Here I my XMLs: https://ufile.io/9ucs1

Ie: The files in 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed have to go into that subfolder on your game, and -replace- the existing files.

There may be some other, easier way to add new meshes and icons, but I am not aware of it. I simply used the SDX tool to add them. Which ends up easier for the modder(me) but a little more difficult on your end. Sorry about that.

You need to put -all- the files in the folder into their respective places. This includes -replacing- the .dlls with the files in the folder. The added icons and meshes use SDX hooks to point to the appropriate assets, and that requires a modification of the .dlls.

I see, thank you for clarification.

One more question: if I only install DLLs on dedicated server, will it work for clients who didn't have these DLLs installed? Or they need to have DLLs replaced, too?

Yeah, they need them replaced too. :/ I hadn't really intended this for server use, as little changes like this aren't going to be supported by the launcher, and most clients just use the launcher. But if they do all the replaces in the same way, it should work fine. On the plus side, the .dll replacements only need to be done once for all sdx changes. And don't need to be done at all for any mod that already uses SDX in the build(including most Bigger Backpack Mod versions of existing mods).

Also of note: Using Sdx breaks EAC. So you have to run without EAC to have the game work.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like there is a way to add meshes and icons without using sdx, but Idk how it's done.

Archived