Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

1 hour ago, Curuedhel said:

I feel like I'm being a complete dingus, but where are the Scouts?  I've checked 4 different Trader compounds and can't find them anywhere.  Do I need to trigger them somehow?  I'm on Day 26 now and I thought maybe after doing a few Open Trade Routes they might show up, but nope.  Any help appreciated.

hm. They should be there from day 1, and they have the floating trader icon so they're hard to miss.

I haven't been to all the traders in B28 yet, but in the past few updates, they've been something like this:

Rekt's: Inside the main building, ground floor, near the outer wall on the right side.

Jen's: First tent to the right of the right main entrance.

Hugh's: Outdoors, right side, near the back wall and helipad.

Bob's: Outdoors, right by the helipad.

Joel's: Room by the outer wall, right corner corner of the compound by the front gate.

I don't know if Caitlin has a scout still, but I would guess so (maybe where she was in A20 when it was Jen's compound; inside the tall building on the ... second floor or so).

I don't think you'd have overlooked all of them, so maybe there's something wrong with your install.

2 hours ago, Curuedhel said:

I feel like I'm being a complete dingus, but where are the Scouts?  I've checked 4 different Trader compounds and can't find them anywhere.  Do I need to trigger them somehow?  I'm on Day 26 now and I thought maybe after doing a few Open Trade Routes they might show up, but nope.  Any help appreciated.

Go to the map screen while in the trader. If you don't see two trader icons your install is bugged. This happened to Guns Nerds and Steel for his DF playthrough as the scout in Hugh's disappeared when he updated, as she moved from behind Hugh's counter to her new spot outside. From my experience Similar is correct on the scout locations.

Please, help.
Quick access bar. 15 cells.
Switching occurs 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8; 9; 0; Shift+1; Shift+2; Shift+3; Shift+4; Shift+5.
How to disable switching to "shift+№"?
It is very uncomfortable. It interferes with running and quick switching.

13 hours ago, barsik said:

Please, help.
Switching occurs 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8; 9; 0; Shift+1; Shift+2; Shift+3; Shift+4; Shift+5.

You should be able to change keybindings in the game menu.

Hey Khaine, I was doing the opening trader routes on the Super City map, and at Rekts location, a bunch of sleeper military, and hazmat zombies were there and there was no Rekt. Is that some kind of glitch, or is that supposed to happen? I restarted the game after killing all the zombies, however, Rekt still wont spawn. 

55 minutes ago, uppercase said:

Hey Khaine, I was doing the opening trader routes on the Super City map, and at Rekts location, a bunch of sleeper military, and hazmat zombies were there and there was no Rekt. Is that some kind of glitch, or is that supposed to happen? I restarted the game after killing all the zombies, however, Rekt still wont spawn. 

@uppercase I experienced the same thing. I returned back to the trader that gave me the quest and they completed it and gave me xp.

So, you can finish the quest, instead of cancelling or something.

I think it is pretty cool. Some traders that you get sent to might be overrun. I imagine that would be about how it would be in a real zombie situation.

@KhaineGB is there a way to obtain a helicopter? I have been looking in the traders (without success). Don't make me use gyros ;)

19 hours ago, barsik said:

Please, help.

You don't

9 hours ago, lokando said:

So, my stomach rumbles non-stop, so does my mates and even after we both die and respawn, it happens non-stop. Any idea what's causing this?

You do lose food after dying. Only other time i've seen that is with the vitamins buff, but can't see why it happens.

4 hours ago, uppercase said:

Maybe check the POI name... 😛

3 hours ago, Spoot said:

@uppercase I experienced the same thing. I returned back to the trader that gave me the quest and they completed it and gave me xp.

I think it is pretty cool. Some traders that you get sent to might be overrun. I imagine that would be about how it would be in a real zombie situation.

@KhaineGB is there a way to obtain a helicopter? I have been looking in the traders (without success). Don't make me use gyros ;)

Buy it. You got unlucky on inventory.

9 hours ago, Spoot said:

I experienced the same thing. I returned back to the trader that gave me the quest and they completed it and gave me xp.

Hah! Have the zombie traders come looking for you!
"Two dollars..."

2dollars - keys.gif

Has anyone else had this problem with loot drops...

After doing a horde night in the wasteland (lv 300) only yellow loot bags were dropping - no blue or orange ones.

So I console changed game time and redid the horde night again.... same,

Lots of demonics, incubi/succ's etc... only yellow drops.

Loot stage was @ 750 or so

Odd.  Put on Dev Cheat +200 loot goggles (loot stage 900+) and re-re-did horde night - only yellow drops.... and all crap (early game) stuff

VERY Odd... so I took off any mod that gave loot +'s (lucky goggles/rabbit's foot) etc and re-re-re-did horde night in the forest biome this time at about loot stage 664 - Then had some blue/orange loot bags... but rare.

Anyone seen anything like this before??

A game overflow error where too much loot stage causes the loot table to wrap back to the beginning again???

/A21.1 (B16 Stable) - DF B25)

//Just upgraded to B28 - will try the megacity map next  :)

Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, Lumpus said:

Has anyone else had this problem with loot drops...

After doing a horde night in the wasteland (lv 300) only yellow loot bags were dropping - no blue or orange ones.

So I console changed game time and redid the horde night again.... same,

Lots of demonics, incubi/succ's etc... only yellow drops.

Loot stage was @ 750 or so

Odd.  Put on Dev Cheat +200 loot goggles (loot stage 900+) and re-re-did horde night - only yellow drops.... and all crap (early game) stuff

VERY Odd... so I took off any mod that gave loot +'s (lucky goggles/rabbit's foot) etc and re-re-did horde night in the forest biome this time - until I got down to loot stage 664

Then had some blue/orange loot bags... but rare.

Anyone seen anything like this before??

A game overflow error where too much loot stage causes the loot table to wrap back to the beginning again???

/A21.1 (B16 Stable) - DF B25)

Not quite as severely as you, but in ... B27, I think, I had a horde night when I was level 60+, loot stage 322 or so (maxed Quality Joe and Wasteland Treasures), and I play 120 minute days so the zombies actually stopped spawning before the night was over (i.e. I killed every single one), which made for a lot of bags (I've changed their expiration timer to be much longer), and everything was very early game stuff. Stone tools, etc., and the highest level drop was level 22.  It seemed very off, and very much not worth doing.

Some wandering hordes seem to be affected too, where every single drop is very low level. Though, of course, since there are few fewer zombies in wandering hordes, it's a bit more likely to just be RNG.

I think I've had two blue bags in hundreds of hours of V5, no orange ones (one of the blue ones did have two Black Sky, though). And none from horde nights.

Edited by Similar (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Lumpus said:

Ah, thanks for reminding me... what file should I edit to tweak the loot bag expiration timer?

entityclasses.xml. There's a ton of loot bag entries, but doing a search and replace of "<property name="TimeStayAfterDeath" value="1200"/>" seems to only affect the right entries (I use "3600" instead of "1200" so far).

2 hours ago, Lumpus said:

I had max Quality Joe and Wasteland Treasures too, so I'm wondering if the issue is there :?

hm. Could be. I always max those two as soon as I can (within limits; I normally start out taking the Laborer class first), so I don't really know how the middle/late game is without them.

Edit: I'm not sure if this is much to go by, since he started with a very early V5 version and then upgraded along the way, even when it was recommended to start a new game, (I don't know which version he ended with), but in GNS' recent playthrough he seemed to get very good loot from horde nights and I think he had both Quality Joe and Wasteland Treasures maxed, at least the last few horde nights.

Edited by Similar (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Similar said:

Edit: I'm not sure if this is much to go by, since he started with a very early V5 version and then upgraded along the way, even when it was recommended to start a new game, (I don't know which version he ended with), but in GNS' recent playthrough he seemed to get very good loot from horde nights and I think he had both Quality Joe and Wasteland Treasures maxed, at least the last few horde nights.

I watched all of that series... very enjoyable (really good camera editing)

On 11/3/2023 at 9:58 PM, KhaineGB said:

You don't

You do lose food after dying. Only other time i've seen that is with the vitamins buff, but can't see why it happens.

Maybe check the POI name... 😛

Buy it. You got unlucky on inventory.

First, thank you for your thoughtful response. And I didn't take any of that as rude or negative.

We're on B27 and experiencing unbelievable frame drops and lag at morning and night, only if moving. I run a 7900 XTX and she's on a 6900 XT and I'm getting ~20fps at for the first few hours in the morning and for the first hour or so at night. If we stand still, we're back up to 100+ but if we move at all, it immediately drops to teens at times. Never noticed this before in the other Dev builds.  If you're aware of this or we're doing something wrong, please disregard. If this is new to you, we can record in OBS or send a .log file or something for you.

Thank you for fixing the Black Sky bug in B28 - it's been crashing our game every time she shoots it in B27 :)

Hi KhaineGB and fellow gamers, 
Our friends and I have different Internet Service Providers. Our game server's ISP is different from mine and my other friend. 
Only 2 of us were having a hard time connecting to the server, taking 30+ mins. The rest of our friends don't have that issue since they have the same ISP. 
Is it an update issue? (cause we can play before on B27) or an ISP issue? or Funpimps Issue? Hope to hear and learn from you guys. Thank you 😆 

Edited by vincent (see edit history)

5 hours ago, vincent said:

Hi KhaineGB and fellow gamers, 
Our friends and I have different Internet Service Providers. Our game server's ISP is different from mine and my other friend. 
Only 2 of us were having a hard time connecting to the server, taking 30+ mins. The rest of our friends don't have that issue since they have the same ISP. 
Is it an update issue? (cause we can play before on B27) or an ISP issue? or Funpimps Issue? Hope to hear and learn from you guys. Thank you 😆 

Can you still play on B27 today but B28 doesn't connect? That would point to something in B28 but if B27 also doesn't work now, I'd look at ISPs, firewalls, etc.

Hi all,

Wondering if I have an issue with chicken coops.

I am on my first playthrough and loving the mod! Thank you so much KhaineGB! I started with B26. I am on Day 14 and made my first chicken coop as part of the farmer class. I also made a couple of snares. Neither seem to produce anything. when I access them I see loot boxes with one blue knife slowly blinking. A blue bar next to the knife grows upward, but when it gets to the top it disappears and starts over again.

I tried adding animal feed, but it doesn't accept any. I tried destroying and recreating them. I tried putting them up inside land claim spaces and outside. All placed on grass.

I updated to B28 and remade coops in the hopes that would fix things, but it still seems the same.

Am I missing something?