Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 8/31/2020 at 1:08 PM, KhaineGB said:

Oh I know exactly what it is.

EntitySurvivor and EntityBandit extend from EntityNPC (which is what the trader is). Trader protection only allows 1 entity with the EntityNPC class within it's bounds.

So turning the protection back on will cause an NRE due to the Guard captain, plus also survivors and bandits.

Also, this is why the drone doesn't work... because EntityDrone extends from EntityNPC... ;)

So I was going to enable the drone and spawn some to test your theory but then I realized I could just do it with Guard Captains since they're EntityNPC's, too. I ran out of space (Trader Protection is ON):

A19.0_2020-09-02_14-56-33.jpg

That's what I don't get.

It doesn't ALWAYS do it with the guard captain. Only sometimes. I've heard it's REALLY bad on servers but haven't tested that because I decided it just wasn't worth my time.

Could you please just accept it's intended for the trader to no longer be invulnerable and stop messing with it?

8 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Could you please just accept it's intended for the trader to no longer be invulnerable and stop messing with it?

Sure, no prob. I actually prefer it the way it was before. I'm just trying to understand why the code works the way it does. It bugs me.😣

6 minutes ago, scubahalo said:

Sure, no prob. I actually prefer it the way it was before. I'm just trying to understand why the code works the way it does. It bugs me.😣

Dude, you have no idea how much it annoys me. :D

I also want to know why it respawns trader if they move from their block if the protection is off. That REALLY annoys me.

Question as sombody fairly new to this mod but is there anyway to speed up sprains? Because getting ten minutes added to a timer whenever you accidentally jump or power attack and being rendered useless until it goes away is kind of a mood killer.

Hi all, hoping someone can help. I was eating food to restore my hunger and it made it drop to 0 for no apparent reason. It was at like 60 or something at the time. Then every time i respawned I started with 0 hunger and full water for some reason. Is this a known bug or is there a fix? This happened pretty early into the server so I was basically screwed constantly respawning as 'starving' with reduced stamina.

2 hours ago, nizm0 said:

Hi all, hoping someone can help. I was eating food to restore my hunger and it made it drop to 0 for no apparent reason. It was at like 60 or something at the time. Then every time i respawned I started with 0 hunger and full water for some reason. Is this a known bug or is there a fix? This happened pretty early into the server so I was basically screwed constantly respawning as 'starving' with reduced stamina.

That would be either rotten food or food poisoning and it made you sick.

That's the first confirmed "My food came back at 0" which is NOT intended. I fixed that once before but no-one else has ever said they definitely start at 0.

Now I can get that fixed. So thank you.

38 minutes ago, viktorio13 said:

hi

im just wondering why I cant place water berrls. They dosent work like in alpha 18.4.

You can. Make sure you updated to 3.01. There were some issues with placing stuff in the ground (assuming you dug out a hole and want to place it)

How can I buy the perks under Technological Improvements? I have read the book, and am able to put points into Technology Crafting. Accelerated Healing, Gotta Go Fast, etc... all show unlocked and have the shopping cart icon under Buy, but when I click on them nothing happens, and when I hover over the cart it just says NA.

18 minutes ago, Steck183 said:

How can I buy the perks under Technological Improvements? I have read the book, and am able to put points into Technology Crafting. Accelerated Healing, Gotta Go Fast, etc... all show unlocked and have the shopping cart icon under Buy, but when I click on them nothing happens, and when I hover over the cart it just says NA.

need to be pricked by nanites

Edited by cardon (see edit history)

Darkness Falls v3.02 is now available for everyone! Changes as follows.

- Updated SphereII-Core with a new harmony patch to fix GotoPOISDX on servers.
- Removed Advanced Tile Entities (and AlwaysActive patch) from SphereII-Core to help with Linux Client issues.
- Fixed the Lucky Looter localization.
- Fixed Blade Master only giving 5% per kill instead of 10%.
- Fixed the brass catcher not being installable on the Sniper Rifle and AR-15.
- Radiators should now drop more reliably.
- Removed Health from the "cooked canned food" items.
- Removed Health bonuses from a lot of food.
- Halved Health bonuses on a lot of food.
- Health bonuses now only apply if you don't have the average/good food/drink buff.
- Fixed the demon fireball not being removed by water. AGAIN.
- Potentially fixed issues with items not dropping from cars without salvage operations (it's just a low chance now).

- Fixed the localization for all Advanced Engineering levels.
- Hazmat Jacket should no longer eat clothing.
- Accelerated healing should now correctly unlock.
- Bow perk level 2 localization tweaked to say compound bow and compound crossbow.
- Added plasma axe to Future Tech 2 unlocks.
- Fixed activation distance on the non-powered drawbridge.
- Commented out spider zombies from the scout group due to them being a little buggy.
- Lowered max amount of spawnable zombies from screamer screams.
- Fixed localization for Turret Crafting 3.
- Adjusted hunger drain rate based on difficulty.
- Repulsor mod is now unlockable.
- Removed SMG crafting from Joel's list.

Client (Git): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Git): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

Client (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nuIla6aPcJ8mxGGhn5uGhmitHgzmh-eX/view?usp=sharing
Server (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PiNbzwfRoGEjZz7pbjHGD0hLJ4HrmC1_/view?usp=sharing

Nexus (Both): https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files

The brass catcher is still not working for the AR-15 because of the following in the items.xml file:

<item name="gunMGT2TacticalAR"> <!-- T2 automatic rifles -->
    <property name="DescriptionKey" value="gunAR15Desc"/>
    <property name="Tags" value="weapon,ranged,holdBreathAiming,reloadPenalty,gun,barrelAttachments,sideAttachments,smallTopAttachments,mediumTopAttachments,stock,magazine,drumMagazine,firingMode,bottomAttachments,attFortitude,perkMachineGunner,perkBookAutoWeapons,canHaveCosmetic,ammo,brassCatcherh,perkAutomaticWeapons,perkBetterLeadThanDead,gunCrafting,selfLoading"/>

Should be brassCatcher... No h afterwards

I believe this is in both the server and client download.

The rest of the patch notes seem to be working as intended so far.

Cheers!