Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Bob and Hugh's task rewards are too generous, making it easy to obtain workbenches, furnaces, and many vehicles. Compared to making them themselves, this is too simple

How can I make the Lawn collector works? I installed a plant collector mod, then drive it through the wild flower or grass, it didnt work.

And how can I repair a broken car with right click the impact driver or nailgun while a Vehical repair kit in my backpack?

Has someone else also trouble with the irrigation system and the hydroponics? I can´t get it to work. I´ve tried every side of the irrigation pump with water, below, above, around and connect the irrigation system at a side, below, above. Than put the hydroponic above the irrigation system (with battery and seed), or also surounding.

Reload the game. Nothing works. Have someone a hint to bring it to work?

On 5/11/2024 at 1:12 AM, chiefoforc said:

Making orange marmalade at oven didnt give the 4 bowls back :)

I'll have a look at that later. May have missed it when going over recipes.

On 5/12/2024 at 5:37 PM, Mochan said:

So, we installed Darkness Falls v5.10 from the Mod Launcher, and installed Hotfix 882c1 from Modlauncher as well.

Our friend is not using Mod Launcher, and installed Darkness Falls but is getting errors trying to join us because I am guessing he doesn't have "Hotfix 882c1".

So where can we get Hotfix 882c1 without using Mod Launcher? I mean we recommend manual install right, please point us in the right direction of the Hotfix. 

You get the quests and ui_display XML files from the azure link: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/DarknessFallsA21/_git/DarknessFallsA21

On 5/13/2024 at 5:11 AM, tropic said:

Bob and Hugh's task rewards are too generous, making it easy to obtain workbenches, furnaces, and many vehicles. Compared to making them themselves, this is too simple

Funny thing is, those are set as the LEAST likely rewards. But i'll do another pass over them later.

On 5/14/2024 at 2:33 AM, CrocoKyle said:

Would love to see the Good to be Home buff extend to allies within your land claim.

Not possible as claim block is tied to player ID and I am NOT messing with that.

On 5/14/2024 at 9:20 PM, chiefoforc said:

How can I make the Lawn collector works? I installed a plant collector mod, then drive it through the wild flower or grass, it didnt work.

And how can I repair a broken car with right click the impact driver or nailgun while a Vehical repair kit in my backpack?

1) Read the journal entry for it.
2) Repairable vehicles say repairable in the name. If it doesn't say that, you don't repair it.

On 5/15/2024 at 12:03 PM, Tessador said:

Has someone else also trouble with the irrigation system and the hydroponics? I can´t get it to work. I´ve tried every side of the irrigation pump with water, below, above, around and connect the irrigation system at a side, below, above. Than put the hydroponic above the irrigation system (with battery and seed), or also surounding.

Reload the game. Nothing works. Have someone a hint to bring it to work?

IDC says hydroponics must be directly on top of a pipe for them to work.

Posted (edited)

@KhaineGB Sorry if this has been addressed or is meant to be this way, but trader loot doesn't seem to change every 3-4 days anymore. The loot table resets, so the same loot reappears each reset day (if you buy all the cobblestone, it reappears on the reset day) but no new loot is added or removed. Exactly the same list in exactly the same order seems to be constant for each trader. Could also just be a coincidence in our game.

Edited by CrocoKyle (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

EDIT:  I figured it out, that I need to have level 2 of advanced engineering under the laborer class, but the screen below should show that as the required perk, IMHO. 

As many posters before me have said, sorry if this has been answered, but why can't I create metal workstations, when I have completed the laborer class, I'm game stage 35.  I don't understand since this screenshot shows "Already available to laborer class", and I already have tool crafting 3.  How am I  reading this wrong?

huh.png

Edited by Alan Lau
Figured it out (see edit history)

14 hours ago, CrocoKyle said:

@KhaineGB Sorry if this has been addressed or is meant to be this way, but trader loot doesn't seem to change every 3-4 days anymore. The loot table resets, so the same loot reappears each reset day (if you buy all the cobblestone, it reappears on the reset day) but no new loot is added or removed. Exactly the same list in exactly the same order seems to be constant for each trader. Could also just be a coincidence in our game.

It's a list and the game just picks from it. Not a lot  Ican do about that

I hope to add the previous red light night vision device. The current night vision device cannot distinguish whether a zombie is a Demonic or Radiated.maybe it's due to personal reasons. After using the black and white night vision device for a while, my eyes became very tired

Two quick questions:

1) Similar to the broadcasting mod, is there a mod / special chest that allows auto-sorting from my inventory to the correct storage containers?

2) How can I get the mastery books in DF 5.0.1? I know of crafting them and buying from the trader. Is finding them in loot drops still a thing and I am just very unlucky? Other possibilities?

1) You could eventually use VOID for all storage, sort of solves your where-to-put-it problem.

2) Traders teach their Mastery to you if you're holding 100k Dukes and have a high Faction (30?) with them.  Otherwise I read that you can still find Mastery books in Airdrops (e.g. from Master Survivalist's Signal Flare; I don't know what Lootstage you need to be to find them), but it's not the nearly 20% chance that it used to be in v4.  Pretty sure a friend of mine found a Mastery book in the loot bag of a Behemoth or Titan, but I might have misunderstood.

On 5/21/2024 at 6:09 AM, tropic said:

I hope to add the previous red light night vision device. The current night vision device cannot distinguish whether a zombie is a Demonic or Radiated.maybe it's due to personal reasons. After using the black and white night vision device for a while, my eyes became very tired

I mean, you can tell the type by the name in the health bar... so

On 5/21/2024 at 2:50 PM, PoloPoPo said:

Two quick questions:

1) Similar to the broadcasting mod, is there a mod / special chest that allows auto-sorting from my inventory to the correct storage containers?

2) How can I get the mastery books in DF 5.0.1? I know of crafting them and buying from the trader. Is finding them in loot drops still a thing and I am just very unlucky? Other possibilities?

1) No
2) Yes you can find them in loot, especially supply crates.

On 5/22/2024 at 8:28 AM, Kogar000 said:

spacer.png

I'm on my dedicated server and I've been getting this, idk why? 

You likely have other mods installed or a version mismatch

21 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I mean, you can tell the type by the name in the health bar... so

Yes, it can be done in a relaxed environment, but when there are a large number of zombies, it is impossible to instantly identify the type of zombie.

Although there are still shortcomings in full-color night vision devices in reality, they can be perfect in games

Posted (edited)

Added "Tobi's Balancing Act" super rare rifle mod.

What does this do exactly? The description on the item says little other than this:

"A very rare mod that increases accuracy and headshot damage of rifles, bows and crossbows"

It has a zero sell price (like other rare items) but gives no additional information. One can extrapolate that it increases ranged damage by 3.2 due to the increase on equip, but that is all. Not sure if the "increased headshot" is just flavour text or not..

For example, the bipod mod does the exact same increase for ranged damage, and claims to "increase accuracy and handling" is there really any difference?

Edited by wyr3d (see edit history)

The Discord channel has more information about DFalls. It's info for Tobi's mod is double headshot damage and 25% better aim.  That +3.2 damage you mentioned is just for installing a weapon mod, and varies with the a base item, just like Vanilla.

• 2 weeks later...

just downloaded Drakness falls for the first time, version 5.1.0

is there a way to disable the health bar for zombies? i couldnt find it anywhere in the settings.

thanks for the help

shoutout Neebs gaming for turning me onto this mod

19 hours ago, JewrassicPark4 said:

just downloaded Drakness falls for the first time, version 5.1.0

is there a way to disable the health bar for zombies? i couldnt find it anywhere in the settings.

thanks for the help

shoutout Neebs gaming for turning me onto this mod

No.

5 hours ago, Marrcinuss said:

Hello, I have a question: will you continue to update the mod after the release of version 1.0?

Yes. But it might be slow. May be starting a new job soon.

How many problems do people have with vehicles these days (A21.2)?

I got the MD-500 yesterday and used it for Eve's quests, which went fine (the bunker was 7km away, so it was a fair distance, but I had no problems).

Then I wanted to see if I could find Caitlin and flew over the wasteland for quite a while (it's really hard to see anything from the air) until the game locked up.

Surprisingly, my save didn't get corrupted (I'm on day 40, 120 minute days, so that would have sucked), but when I loaded the save I was on the ground in the wasteland, the MD-500 had evaporated, and I had to walk out of there, which got pretty exciting, and then I spent nearly two RL hours walking back to my base, which did not get exciting.

I haven't had any crashes otherwise, so now I'm a little paranoid about using helicopters.

I love everything about this mod but the convoluted weapon crafting.  It's so hard to craft a level 1 hunting rifle or a pistol that by the time I have all the parts to craft them its day 10 and I have a level 3 pump shotgun/lever rifle that I got from loot or the scout. We all know RNG in 7DTD is a nightmare and having all these weapon parts just dilute the loot pool against the parts you really need. I feel like it should be more simple like in vanilla and the portable lathe should be used mostly for coil weapons.

Don't know if this is useful, but I just had an NRE (solo game). I was upgrading blocks to concrete (with a multitool so pretty fast) when a wandering horde spawned in. Aside from the console window popping up, the NRE didn't appear to cause any harm (well, that I'm aware of at this point, at least). The horde behaved as expected too.

Don't know if rapidly upgrading blocks at the same time as the horde spawned could maybe just have caused a minor glitch.

First NRE in the 108+ hours this game has lasted so far (day 54, level 152, so I've seen and done quite a lot without problems).

2024-06-15T12:46:42 1980.059 INF AIDirector: Spawned wandering horde (group bloodHordeStageGS99, zombie [type=EntityZombieCop, name=zombieFatHawaiianFeral, id=19635])
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ChunkGameObject.StartCopyMeshLayer () [0x0002e] in <a58aca9c8ed54d639b41f6dc2ac2f31b>:0
  at ChunkManager.doCopyChunksToUnity () [0x00193] in <a58aca9c8ed54d639b41f6dc2ac2f31b>:0
  at ChunkManager.CopyChunksToUnity () [0x00000] in <a58aca9c8ed54d639b41f6dc2ac2f31b>:0
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x0036e] in <a58aca9c8ed54d639b41f6dc2ac2f31b>:0
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <a58aca9c8ed54d639b41f6dc2ac2f31b>:0

2024-06-15T12:46:43 1981.110 INF AIDirector: Spawned wandering horde (group bloodHordeStageGS99, zombie [type=EntityZombie, name=zombieJanitorRadiatedWeak, id=19636])
2024-06-15T12:46:43 1981.155 INF Chosen Random Zombies: 26
2024-06-15T12:46:43 1981.155 INF Spawned 26 Random Zombies
2024-06-15T12:46:43 1981.155 INF AIDirectorGameStagePartySpawner: groups done (1)

Hi! Sorry if this is a silly question but I cannot find the answer and it is my first time installing the mod:

Do I need to generate a map for darkness falls for the mod to work, or will this work on maps generated without the mod or pregen maps from vanilla 7dtd?

Thank you! 🥰

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos (see edit history)

On 6/14/2024 at 3:54 PM, neryandres20 said:

I love everything about this mod but the convoluted weapon crafting.  It's so hard to craft a level 1 hunting rifle or a pistol that by the time I have all the parts to craft them its day 10 and I have a level 3 pump shotgun/lever rifle that I got from loot or the scout. We all know RNG in 7DTD is a nightmare and having all these weapon parts just dilute the loot pool against the parts you really need. I feel like it should be more simple like in vanilla and the portable lathe should be used mostly for coil weapons.

And I think the vanilla way is crap. This is closer to the A16 method, which was better (unfortuinately I can't put the assemble system back in, or I would, because that was awesome)

4 hours ago, Similar said:

Don't know if this is useful, but I just had an NRE (solo game). I was upgrading blocks to concrete (with a multitool so pretty fast) when a wandering horde spawned in. Aside from the console window popping up, the NRE didn't appear to cause any harm (well, that I'm aware of at this point, at least). The horde behaved as expected too.

Don't know if rapidly upgrading blocks at the same time as the horde spawned could maybe just have caused a minor glitch.

First NRE in the 108+ hours this game has lasted so far (day 54, level 152, so I've seen and done quite a lot without problems).

2024-06-15T12:46:42 1980.059 INF AIDirector: Spawned wandering horde (group bloodHordeStageGS99, zombie [type=EntityZombieCop, name=zombieFatHawaiianFeral, id=19635])
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ChunkGameObject.StartCopyMeshLayer () [0x0002e] in <a58aca9c8ed54d639b41f6dc2ac2f31b>:0
  at ChunkManager.doCopyChunksToUnity () [0x00193] in <a58aca9c8ed54d639b41f6dc2ac2f31b>:0
  at ChunkManager.CopyChunksToUnity () [0x00000] in <a58aca9c8ed54d639b41f6dc2ac2f31b>:0
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x0036e] in <a58aca9c8ed54d639b41f6dc2ac2f31b>:0
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <a58aca9c8ed54d639b41f6dc2ac2f31b>:0

2024-06-15T12:46:43 1981.110 INF AIDirector: Spawned wandering horde (group bloodHordeStageGS99, zombie [type=EntityZombie, name=zombieJanitorRadiatedWeak, id=19636])
2024-06-15T12:46:43 1981.155 INF Chosen Random Zombies: 26
2024-06-15T12:46:43 1981.155 INF Spawned 26 Random Zombies
2024-06-15T12:46:43 1981.155 INF AIDirectorGameStagePartySpawner: groups done (1)

That's a chunk error. I'd check the rest of your log and see if there's any other issues. I've been having some myself in one specific area of my map. No idea why.

5 minutes ago, LittleRedSonja said:

Hi! Sorry if this is a silly question but I cannot find the answer and it is my first time installing the mod:

Do I need to generate a map for darkness falls for the mod to work, or will this work on maps generated without the mod or pregen maps from vanilla 7dtd?

Thank you! 🥰

You MUST use one of the included Darkness Falls pregenerated maps (Starting with DFalls in their name) OR generate a map. You CANNOT use vanilla maps.