Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

18 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Alright folks, B3 is ready for people to kick the tyres and see what falls off in the process. :) Should be pretty stable, I haven't adjusted anything that should cause loss of progress so this should be save-safe.

V4.02-DEV-B3

- Zombies should no longer do increased damage based on difficulty level, EXCEPT for Insane (how it was in A18/A19).
- Included Krunch's 12k map.
- Reduced the amount of Oldwest towns and Country towns that can spawn in RWG so there's more room for proper towns and cities.
- Replaced the "Farming" journal entry the player gets when picking up or making seeds with the DF specific "Growing Crops" tip.
- Updated the "Growing Crops" tip to explain hoe's and irrigation slightly better.
- Made dropped turds a little smaller.
- Redid blood draw kit a little so players should be able to use it more reliably.
- Redid how food recovers anemia so it should hopefully be more reliable.
- All custom zombies remade with new controller to stop "rubber banding."
- Textures on Football Player and Cowboy (both strippers, yes this is intended, stop reporting it) are fixed.
- Fixed Pulse Rocket falling at the players feet.
- Increased Pulse Rocket damage.
- Added new legendary item: Jason's Machete.
- Serrated Blade can now be installed with Tempered Blade.
- Ergonomic Grip and Fortifying Grip can now be installed at the same time.
- Fortifying Grip can now be installed in bows.
- Increased max bleed stacks... by a lot.
- Added a "remove" for every single bleeding buff I can find in the buffs file to all bandage-based items since people are apparently still reporting that.
- Added bundles of dye for storage purposes.
- Rain catchers now require being outside and on dirt. This was necessary to potentially fix the bug with them randomly not working.
- Added some blocks that were apparently missing despite the game never crashing.
- Added missing level tag to Get Off My Land that stopped the run speed working.
- Added a scarecrow that works as a chunk loader, which should help with plant and rain catcher progression irregularities.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OJDN69--Zj_yBJcwTOTbqOnZeS3uEAbG/view?usp=sharing

any where else to get this mod i keep getting

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Those mutated stalkers, are nasty with a WTF. Good job on the new zeds KheaineGB

DEV-V4.02-DEV-B3

I was looking around a 10k map and I saw this:

7d2dbeta.png

If thats 4.02-B3, go wrench them and it resets them correctly on the ground.

4 hours ago, willcann said:

any where else to get this mod i keep getting

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Nope. if you have your own google account, you can copy it to your drive and get access to it that way

(If this isn't the right forum, please let me know and I'll delete)

I'm having a problem where the six farmer quests are done and marked complete but when I look at my skills, the class kills are marked "Requirements Not Met". Has anyone ran into this before? Thanks in advance!

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, phej said:

(If this isn't the right forum, please let me know and I'll delete)

I'm having a problem where the six farmer quests are done and marked complete but when I look at my skills, the class kills are marked "Requirements Not Met". Has anyone ran into this before? Thanks in advance!

You have died some minutes before and thus your stats are lowerd by 1. Play a bit until the debuff vanishes.

1 hour ago, phej said:

You have the dead debuff on you, wait until it wear off and check it again.

The debuff lower all main skills by one.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

What is a chunk-loader as in " A simple scarecrow that can be used to distract zombies and encourage crop growth.\n\nThis block spawns an entity which works as a chunk loader. Be aware this may increase lag."?

Keeps the chunk it's in, and some around it, "active" even if the player is not nearby.

Which means the plants/rain catchers/etc work better.

Small thing in localization.txt:

perkCoilgunsRank2Desc Unlocks the coilcarbine, coilsniper, parts and 7.62 coilrounds recipes. [DECEA3]Level Requirements:[-] Player Level 75
perkCoilgunsRank3Desc Unlocks the coilsniper and parts recipes. Unlocks Hollow Point ammo for coilguns. [DECEA3]Level Requirements:[-] Player Level 100

both unlocks coilsniper, which probably should not be.

Khaine, sir:

thanks for the amazing work. Truly. I don’t know if you read that enough.

I’m relatively new to the DF corner of the universe, but I’ve attempted to diligently find answers myself before hitting you (or anyone else) up here.

I’m playing on the latest stable A20 build with no other mods installed on the pregen DF Navezgane map. I’ve updated to your latest build, v4.1, I believe.

my questions:

are all your DF poi’s and quest progression included on this map? Or would I need to play on one the DF specific pregens? As in, can I still accomplish all content that any of the other pregen DF maps of various size include? Because I seem to be stuck on a loop of quest repeats with Traders Razor, Anne and the Survivor Trader in the desert biome. Never found Eve or Caitlin, and I’ve searched a lot. I’ve found and cleared a smallish bunker in the snow biome (down the well) and the larger wasteland biome bunker under the military tent. Anne will just keep sending me to that 2nd bunker repeatedly. Minor titanium farming opportunity I guess, but still…

Also, no traders have npc guards. The scout npcs are available with the quests at the standard traders, but all the trading posts have are unpowered turrets…if this is intentional and new, cool! But I haven’t been able to verify that.

Thank you again. Your work is great.

On 1/4/2022 at 12:44 AM, Llamas notsheep said:

I finally updated from an early A19 build. Was surprised to find that the trader's area is just protected by ammo-less auto turrets, rather than guards. I didn't notice until zombies started busting down the walls on night #1. Is that normal?

Also only got one class book, using the same settings that in A19 resulted in two class books. Intentional?

On 1/4/2022 at 1:17 AM, KhaineGB said:

Yes. To both

aaaah - answers one of my questions! Guess I should’ve searched harder…lol

On 2/24/2022 at 4:35 PM, Chivalric said:

Speaking of moving death machines, I'm assuming the engine isn't capable of something like a moving platform base (thinking of ARK and building on the large dinos) but could something like the 4x4 be made into a area you could place things like the junk turrets? I'm assuming elevation would be the limiting factor there.

Feature, power armor seems to have 100% fire protection with the full set. The mods being put into it would be useless.

By that I mean you don't burn, you still take damage from the fireball itself.

Regarding that last bit about burning…I’ve got full power armor and am still frequently set on fire. Running current builds of game & mod, no other mods installed.

On 3/3/2022 at 3:24 AM, trickeh2k said:

Me and two friends started playing this a week ago and we really like it so far! It's far better than vanilla. However, many of the stuff seems poorly explained or outright confusing. The main issue we're having at this point is that none of us chose the Mechanic/Greasy Monkey so we can't craft tires and we're at lvl 55-ish and have found a total of 5 tires allowing us to craft a bike and a motor bike.

From what I can tell, we need to find 120 blank skill notes in order to craft a book. Those are rare too and it seems like we have to push missions and pray to rngesus to acquire more. Is there a wiki-page of some sorts where you can read up on stuff and have some general pointers?

Oh, is there any bug related to the drones btw? One of our friends picked one up three sessions ago and two times yesterday he died out of nowhere. No monsters around, he just kept taking damage and died. No status effect symbols and nothing else indicating damage. One time at the base on a roof top just browsing his inventory and the second time in a cellar in a house.

Oh, almost forgot. Have the markers for minerals changed? Iron is plenty as well as a good amount of nitrate. Coal is a bit scarce but manageable, lead however seems to be entirely missing more or less where we are atm. Invasions have been quite rough since we have to be super conservative with ammo running up to the invasion night (we use the standard 7 day cycle) since we're not able to craft much due to missing lead mostly for bullet tips.

tip that worked for me regarding farming those blank skill notes: since making $ is so easy selling to traders, I buy every skill book they’ve got and scrap them. No issues maxing out all trees fairly quickly. Seems like I’ve always got 100k $ stashed away and I don’t even loot and sell that aggressively. Making $ in 7DTD has always been one of the least challenging things, especially since the traders all have unlimited bankrolls.

ya know. Until TFP or Khaine nerf that, lol. 

3 hours ago, Opus said:

We are having an issue where the quest "Research Rescue from Hell" or Anna1 auto fails when we try to take it.  Are there some hidden requirements that we are unaware of?

If it matters, this is a RWG map.

Here's an odd bug... as of game stage 190, no hazmat zed has dropped a single bit of hazmat gear, for scrapping to making the anti-rad armor mods.  None at all!  Did something change?  Horrible bad/no good RNG luck?? 

Yep, I was getting burned up too in my last game, also in full power armor 😕

Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Small thing in localization.txt:

perkCoilgunsRank2Desc Unlocks the coilcarbine, coilsniper, parts and 7.62 coilrounds recipes. [DECEA3]Level Requirements:[-] Player Level 75
perkCoilgunsRank3Desc Unlocks the coilsniper and parts recipes. Unlocks Hollow Point ammo for coilguns. [DECEA3]Level Requirements:[-] Player Level 100

both unlocks coilsniper, which probably should not be.

Will double check it for 4.02.

20 hours ago, ClayCam said:

Khaine, sir:

thanks for the amazing work. Truly. I don’t know if you read that enough.

I’m relatively new to the DF corner of the universe, but I’ve attempted to diligently find answers myself before hitting you (or anyone else) up here.

I’m playing on the latest stable A20 build with no other mods installed on the pregen DF Navezgane map. I’ve updated to your latest build, v4.1, I believe.

my questions:

are all your DF poi’s and quest progression included on this map? Or would I need to play on one the DF specific pregens? As in, can I still accomplish all content that any of the other pregen DF maps of various size include? Because I seem to be stuck on a loop of quest repeats with Traders Razor, Anne and the Survivor Trader in the desert biome. Never found Eve or Caitlin, and I’ve searched a lot. I’ve found and cleared a smallish bunker in the snow biome (down the well) and the larger wasteland biome bunker under the military tent. Anne will just keep sending me to that 2nd bunker repeatedly. Minor titanium farming opportunity I guess, but still…

Also, no traders have npc guards. The scout npcs are available with the quests at the standard traders, but all the trading posts have are unpowered turrets…if this is intentional and new, cool! But I haven’t been able to verify that.

Thank you again. Your work is great.

IF you're using DFalls-Navezgane rather than just Navezgane, you're fine.

19 hours ago, ClayCam said:

Regarding that last bit about burning…I’ve got full power armor and am still frequently set on fire. Running current builds of game & mod, no other mods installed.

It's not a guaranteed 100% immunity.

19 hours ago, Opus said:

We are having an issue where the quest "Research Rescue from Hell" or Anna1 auto fails when we try to take it.  Are there some hidden requirements that we are unaware of?

Sounds like you're missing the research lab.

10 hours ago, wolfarus said:

Funny observation: Whats with the doctor's and nurse's almost always dropping machete's in their bags? Is that how they operated on people pre-zombification? No wonder the plague got out of hand ☠️

Don't question how they do surgery. ;)

1 hour ago, Lumpus said:

Here's an odd bug... as of game stage 190, no hazmat zed has dropped a single bit of hazmat gear, for scrapping to making the anti-rad armor mods.  None at all!  Did something change?  Horrible bad/no good RNG luck?? 

Yep, I was getting burned up too in my last game, also in full power armor 😕

Will double check the drop rates but I dont think they're gamestaged. I've also added hazmat fiber to their drop lists.

Not sure if this is a TFP POI bug or DF, so apologies in advance.    Scout's "Restore Power Quest T4 - house_modern_23" cannot be completed (tried 3x last night and today).  I think there is a hidden walled-in sleeper, but I went crazy with the Dev_Wrench and took apart half of the POI trying to find him, but couldn't locate.  Quest still indicates there is one zed left (hidden) to kill :(  

Perhaps the issue with Haz Workers is that they're just not dropping loot bags?   WIP

'Weak Male Hazmat' - 50 spawned/killed = 7 loot bags (sounds right) but no Haz gear or fiber

'Ferals - 50 spawned/killed = 12 loot bags (sounds right too) - 3 drops of gear

"Radiated - 25 spawned/killed = 10 loot bags - 5 drops of gear :)

Not going to try demonic...  looks like observer error, and it's working as intended

/RNG hates me!   lol

Question about White River Surviver Faction:  I've been concentrating on the Scouts quests and have 32 faction with them.  At what point will I get a quest from them to Razor or Anna?  If I check 'Other Jobs' I just get an error with opening trade routes 'No Trader Available'

Thanks.   Used a RWG Small 6k world... I seem to have all of the other usual DF poi's  Any easy way to edit one into my game save?   Maybe just try and F6 spawn him in somewhere?  Nope, that doesn't work

Otherwise now no way to get Doctor Anna to talk to me?  She says to work for Eve... Eve says work for Razor first 😕

Did... three times.  He saws talk to scouts.  Get quest from Scouts, instantly fails 'Not available'.  Razor is then silent 😕

Better yet... is there a 'givefaction' console command for him that I could just give myself enough faction to be sent to Eve?  But then he still wouldn't be able to give me the quest for Eve...

/running out of ideas

22 minutes ago, Lumpus said:

Did... three times.  He saws talk to scouts.  Get quest from Scouts, instantly fails 'Not available'.  Razor is then silent 😕

Better yet... is there a 'givefaction' console command for him that I could just give myself enough faction to be sent to Eve?  But then he still wouldn't be able to give me the quest for Eve...

/running out of ideas

Spawn in Razor, then try

givequest whiteriver_visit_razor

should work normally with him afterwards, so long as Eve and Anna are in your world.