Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

You do realise arrow retrieval was NEVER A THING prior to A17, right?

Yeah that was a neat addition and all, but never once something I concerned with, even with the best arrows. A16 and before could be very stingy with ammo, but now it gives out bullets so frequently that bows/crossbows are pretty useless once you get a gun with a silencer.

This might not be your issue but as this is in the package.

It is all down to the new vehicles, are they using some sort of anti-grav device?? As they are not on the ground. It is not the vehicles that I use but the other ones that are found. I am using the marauder and that is fine. I found ab APC and it's wheels are not on the ground.

Hope that is making some sense.

EDIT: I will post a pic soon(ish)

nowheels.png

Edited by Phil (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Phil said:

This might not be your issue but as this is in the package.

It is all down to the new vehicles, are they using some sort of anti-grav device?? As they are not on the ground. It is not the vehicles that I use but the other ones that are found. I am using the marauder and that is fine. I found ab APC and it's wheels are not on the ground.

Hope that is making some sense.

EDIT: I will post a pic soon(ish)

nowheels.png

Should be fixed in the next version

And nocp means no compo pack

@KhaineGB Thanks for the reply. Re Marauder comment, yes I know it's Bdubd, but I was sort of replying to the suggestion about looking at the Willy.

No offense meant.

Still loving the vids you are posting, short and sweet, just how I like em :)

Re Guns, one last comment, the DFgunP225 works perfectly.

I am interested in a reply for the armor penetration question, I know you are a very busy chap, just reminding you.

I am looking forward to moving to A20, but I wonder if my potato will run it.

BTW, do you know of any list of mods that DF A20 will have conflicts with?

I am currently playing DF with Sorcery, but will likely to looking at DF with some other things next time around.

Maybe some extra zombie models, the npc project looks interesting, as does the forest? stuff.

Or maybe you or someone else in here have a few suggestions of things to run DF with?

DF is amazing but I am a bit greedy/inquisitive so...

Oh and I think one of your vid play through is using an extra thing for the initial map generation, something that add extra POIs, do you know if that works with a20 4.x ? or have I missed where you said something about it?

Cheers

2 hours ago, Apaseall said:

@KhaineGB Thanks for the reply. Re Marauder comment, yes I know it's Bdubd, but I was sort of replying to the suggestion about looking at the Willy.

No offense meant.

Still loving the vids you are posting, short and sweet, just how I like em :)

Re Guns, one last comment, the DFgunP225 works perfectly.

I am interested in a reply for the armor penetration question, I know you are a very busy chap, just reminding you.

I am looking forward to moving to A20, but I wonder if my potato will run it.

BTW, do you know of any list of mods that DF A20 will have conflicts with?

I am currently playing DF with Sorcery, but will likely to looking at DF with some other things next time around.

Maybe some extra zombie models, the npc project looks interesting, as does the forest? stuff.

Or maybe you or someone else in here have a few suggestions of things to run DF with?

DF is amazing but I am a bit greedy/inquisitive so...

Oh and I think one of your vid play through is using an extra thing for the initial map generation, something that add extra POIs, do you know if that works with a20 4.x ? or have I missed where you said something about it?

Cheers

Don't worry, I didn't take offense. I'm just very plain speaking/blunt. :) Easier to avoid miscommunication that way.

I'll have to double check armor penetration, but I believe I changed guns so they don't do that. AP ammo and armor shredder mod does.

Most mods won't work with DF, especially anything that changes UI or progression (sorcery is the exception because myself and devrix work together to ensure compatibility).

There's more zombie models in A20 already. Not sure if anyone else had added more yet.

POI's are easy to add. It should work with 20.4. Is that in experimental now?

30 minutes ago, Chapters21 said:

Is there a list of changes I could read? In the past I was able to put a claim block on traders and now there seems to be a dead zone around it? Do I need to put 4 claim blocks to be able to build a base in it?

You can't claim block a trader because the trader protection is TECHNICALLY still there. I just made it a very small area (1x1x1)

It's unfortunately required because TFP changed quests to get the position of the trader protection to select appropriate POI's, rather than the trader's position (which is what used to happen)

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Should be fixed in the next version

And nocp means no compo pack

Cheers for that!

Plus another one, I have managed to get most of the class book but not the technology one. I cannot even craft it using the writing bench. HELP please

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Look up "The Future Is Now!" 😛

I have several times and there is no advancement from zero. I have tried swearing at it, nope. Looked up in tinterweb tried all of that. ARGgggg I will try again

EDIT: I tried again, no class book at all only the purple one. clicked on use and.... nothing changed

Right here we go, when I look at the part I wish to upgrade, it is showing as 0/1

9 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

If I really have to spell it out...

You have to look up that book in recipes, make one (and no, it does NOT take skill notes) and then use it, and the perk only takes effect from level 75...

I have been doing that many times. Anyway I do like your directness.

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

So i deleted the Quest "Finding Eve" by accident (actually wanted to make it active while flying the gyro, sigh). Is there any way to get it back or does this mean i have to start over again to be able to progress in the story line?

Go where you got the quest first?

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

Go where you got the quest first?

That was my first thought. She doesn´t offer it anymore, it´s from the white river lady that is in every trader. It´s basically the same like opening new trade routes when finishing a quest tier, like when you did 7 T1 quests the trader sends you to the trader next to him. Those quests are a seperate option in the trader menu and not listed under the usual jobs.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Nuggzy said:

We started our server with the default map, what is the difference in the DF Navezgane and should we restart in it?

If you wish to have the DF lab/bunker, then yes, you will have to remake it. I'm assuming playing the mod in the default Navezgane will also cause some quest issues as you go along. Only way to get end game tech without the DF version will be to buy the laser workbench from a trader, not sure about the laser multi tool.

While we got arror's shortly.

When you scrap titanium arrowheads you get scrap metal.

Shouldn't it give titanium.

And there is a recipt at the adv. forge that smelt titanium into titanium. Any sense ?

About Anna sending you to the Research Lab.

Can't you maybe add another requirement like level or having a special perk, before Anna give you that quest ?

She could say "You need to advance more before i can give you that task"

Or at last give a warning about the difficult ?

Because when you just enter the lab with simple protektive suit, it is nearly impossible to survive there (solo), you would need power armor or titanium with radiation mods.

13 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

If I really have to spell it out...

You have to look up that book in recipes, make one (and no, it does NOT take skill notes) and then use it, and the perk only takes effect from level 75...

Some of the numbers are in red and when I hover over it is says, 'requirement not met' now, if I knew what is needed I would do my best to solve that.

Just in case there is something that has changed I am going un-install the game and the mods and re-install it. Drastic, ut it might work

51 minutes ago, Phil said:

Some of the numbers are in red

When the numbers are red, that prolly mean you have a debuff on you that lower that attribute.

Similar at green when you got an item (mosttimes glasses) that raise the attribute.

Or when you have read a perk book that increased the perk, but you are missing another perk to free.

Like Butchering tools 2, that need Weapon crafting 4.

Butchering tools would be a red 2, when you just got weapon crafting 3 or lower.

Just hover the mouse over it and the tooltip show you what you are missing.

2 hours ago, Canute said:

When the numbers are red, that prolly mean you have a debuff on you that lower that attribute.

Similar at green when you got an item (mosttimes glasses) that raise the attribute.

Or when you have read a perk book that increased the perk, but you are missing another perk to free.

Like Butchering tools 2, that need Weapon crafting 4.

Butchering tools would be a red 2, when you just got weapon crafting 3 or lower.

Just hover the mouse over it and the tooltip show you what you are missing.

Hmmmm could be.

But, it could also be that my level is not high enough. When I hover is says requirements not met and there are no unlocks given

I have re-installed that game and DF and see how it goes from there and thank you

EDIT: and sorted.

I had a look through the xml files, not to edit as I am not a programmer. I found the entry concerning teechnology etc and you need to ne level 75 and up, if I am reading that correctly

Anyway, cheers guys

15 hours ago, Phil said:

Right here we go, when I look at the part I wish to upgrade, it is showing as 0/1

I have been doing that many times. Anyway I do like your directness.

It's definitely working for me and others.

14 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

So i deleted the Quest "Finding Eve" by accident (actually wanted to make it active while flying the gyro, sigh). Is there any way to get it back or does this mean i have to start over again to be able to progress in the story line?

Open the console and type this.

givequest Razor_Meeting_Eve

9 hours ago, Nuggzy said:

We started our server with the default map, what is the difference in the DF Navezgane and should we restart in it?

If the default map is navezgane, you will have 0 DF POI's.

3 hours ago, Canute said:

While we got arror's shortly.

When you scrap titanium arrowheads you get scrap metal.

Shouldn't it give titanium.

And there is a recipt at the adv. forge that smelt titanium into titanium. Any sense ?

About Anna sending you to the Research Lab.

Can't you maybe add another requirement like level or having a special perk, before Anna give you that quest ?

She could say "You need to advance more before i can give you that task"

Or at last give a warning about the difficult ?

Because when you just enter the lab with simple protektive suit, it is nearly impossible to survive there (solo), you would need power armor or titanium with radiation mods.

Because making items have a material of titanium was breaking sounds when they hit stuff, and particle effects.

That recipe is an old recipe that doesn't need to be there so I need to remove it later.

I'm pretty sure anna's quest literally tells you how dangerous it is if you go to the quest journal and check it. If not, I can add that. ALso you can just make anti-rad pills.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Some of the numbers are in red and when I hover over it is says, 'requirement not met' now, if I knew what is needed I would do my best to solve that.

Just in case there is something that has changed I am going un-install the game and the mods and re-install it. Drastic, ut it might work

Red means either you died, so all your attributes are lowered by 1, or you aren't the right level, which can depend based on perk (Class is usually 0/10/20, future tech is 75)