Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Sadly I admit defeat, I simply cannot code what I want, and ask for help.

This is a little time warp, as I am still playing 7D2D - Darkness_Falls 19.5 3.4 0.944.

I hope this is merely me asking for help understanding some code, not a version specific issue.

Here goes. The aim I have is this; to make changes to the existing code via patching (i.e. append etc), to change the behavior by adding extra functionality, to item_modifiers. I desire to break the surface boulders when I smash into them whilst driving a vehicle with a mod installed.

This is a bit of code, the point of which is to add a Tag with a value that I can then use in the other part of the code;

Spoiler

<!-- Patch to Surface ore Blocks, to allow mods to vehicles to do extra damage when they slam into them -->
    <append xpath="//block[contains(@name, 'DFterrSurface')
                        or (contains(@name, 'DFrockResource')
                        and not(contains(@name, 'Broke')))
                    ]" >
        <property name="Tags" value="surfaceOre"/>
    </append>

Viewing the ConfigsDump I can see the above code works as expected. Great!

Now the code that is not working;

Spoiler

<append xpath="//item_modifier[@name='DFVehicleModSpikes']">
        <effect_group tiered="false" name="MoreDamage">
                <requirement name="TriggerHasTags" tags="surfaceOre" />
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDamagedBlock" action="PlaySound" sound="stunbaton_hit1" />
            <passive_effect name="VehicleBlockDamage" operation="base_add" value="100" />
        </effect_group>
    </append>

With this version of the code, what I expect to happen is; to hear a sound when I hit the boulder whilst driving the vehicle with this mod installed.

No such noise is heard. Thus I believe the code is not being triggered.

To add to this, hitting the boulder with a weapon doing only 5 block damage, I can see that after driving into the boulder, the expected 100 block damage is not occurring.

I am not fixed with using the additional effect group, nor am I married to the idea of using requirements and triggered effect.

Indeed my previous code was centered around combinations of passive effect vehicleblockdamage/blockdamage/damagemodifier with tags=surfaceOre.

Initially I was tagging the boulder with Vehicle_Boulder, which worked in the sense that the boulders were tagged, but sadly the item modifier part failed.

I thought it might be an issue with needing to use an existing tag rather than creating a new tag.

I can set the general damage via the item modifier, but that applies to everything I drive into, not what I am looking for.

Yes I am happy to do a bit more damage when driving into things, but not the amount of damage that would be required to crack open a boulder.

For the life of me I do not understand how to get the item modifier to fire for specific tags.

I am happy to use something than tags to differentiate damage amounts.

So what I am here for?

First some working code, but more importantly some education - why is what I am trying to do not working?

Again, this is an older version of DF, I am continuing my play through until the bitter end.

Oh, and yes why do I want to smash these boulders in the first place?

Well my map is extremely bumpy, I have no flying things yet, so it is me, a maruder, a turbo, and a lot of sudden stops in the night when the boulders turn into ninjas jumping into my path!

53 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

Sadly I admit defeat, I simply cannot code what I want, and ask for help.

This is a little time warp, as I am still playing 7D2D - Darkness_Falls 19.5 3.4 0.944.

I hope this is merely me asking for help understanding some code, not a version specific issue.

Here goes. The aim I have is this; to make changes to the existing code via patching (i.e. append etc), to change the behavior by adding extra functionality, to item_modifiers. I desire to break the surface boulders when I smash into them whilst driving a vehicle with a mod installed.

This is a bit of code, the point of which is to add a Tag with a value that I can then use in the other part of the code;

Hide contents

<!-- Patch to Surface ore Blocks, to allow mods to vehicles to do extra damage when they slam into them -->
    <append xpath="//block[contains(@name, 'DFterrSurface')
                        or (contains(@name, 'DFrockResource')
                        and not(contains(@name, 'Broke')))
                    ]" >
        <property name="Tags" value="surfaceOre"/>
    </append>

Viewing the ConfigsDump I can see the above code works as expected. Great!

Now the code that is not working;

Hide contents

<append xpath="//item_modifier[@name='DFVehicleModSpikes']">
        <effect_group tiered="false" name="MoreDamage">
                <requirement name="TriggerHasTags" tags="surfaceOre" />
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDamagedBlock" action="PlaySound" sound="stunbaton_hit1" />
            <passive_effect name="VehicleBlockDamage" operation="base_add" value="100" />
        </effect_group>
    </append>

With this version of the code, what I expect to happen is; to hear a sound when I hit the boulder whilst driving the vehicle with this mod installed.

No such noise is heard. Thus I believe the code is not being triggered.

To add to this, hitting the boulder with a weapon doing only 5 block damage, I can see that after driving into the boulder, the expected 100 block damage is not occurring.

I am not fixed with using the additional effect group, nor am I married to the idea of using requirements and triggered effect.

Indeed my previous code was centered around combinations of passive effect vehicleblockdamage/blockdamage/damagemodifier with tags=surfaceOre.

Initially I was tagging the boulder with Vehicle_Boulder, which worked in the sense that the boulders were tagged, but sadly the item modifier part failed.

I thought it might be an issue with needing to use an existing tag rather than creating a new tag.

I can set the general damage via the item modifier, but that applies to everything I drive into, not what I am looking for.

Yes I am happy to do a bit more damage when driving into things, but not the amount of damage that would be required to crack open a boulder.

For the life of me I do not understand how to get the item modifier to fire for specific tags.

I am happy to use something than tags to differentiate damage amounts.

So what I am here for?

First some working code, but more importantly some education - why is what I am trying to do not working?

Again, this is an older version of DF, I am continuing my play through until the bitter end.

Oh, and yes why do I want to smash these boulders in the first place?

Well my map is extremely bumpy, I have no flying things yet, so it is me, a maruder, a turbo, and a lot of sudden stops in the night when the boulders turn into ninjas jumping into my path!

It wont work because vehicle effects can't take the same requirements that a player can

7 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

It wont work because vehicle effects can't take the same requirements that a player can

Yay and Boo. Yay in that well I am not being inept, and Boo cos that sucks.

TY for the fast reply. I am watching your vids, thanks for them. I like that they are short and to the point.

I look forward to playing A20? when I finally get finished with this one which is a special combo of DF & Sorcery.

A different question.

I finally got round to making a coil sniper and found an issue that is annoying me.

With the previous weapon (sniper not marksman I think) when I ran out of ammo in the clip whilst in zoom mod, pressing R would take me out of zoom and into reload. When reload finished I was left out of zoom. This made reloading fast and all I would have to do is go back into zoom mode.

With coil sniper in zoom mode I get the click, no reload happens automatically, and pressing R does nothing.

If I do press R in zoom, nothing happens, but coming out of zoom then starts the reload automatically (I think I am remembering rightly).

I hope I describe this correctly, anyways, something about reload in zoom is different with coil sniper.

I have removed the autoreload from action0 but have not had chance to test it yet, do you think this is the issue?

As the previous sniper does not have the autoreload. Does this ring a bell?

8 hours ago, Apaseall said:

I desire to break the surface boulders when I smash into them whilst driving a vehicle with a mod installed.

There is a vehicle in Bdub's vehicles, that comes with DF for A20. It's called the Willy Jeep (vehicleWillyJeep) - with a super charger mod  it seems to be very good at running over trees, boulders, fences and cars (boom!). Can make for some dramatic entrances in to weaker POIs. You might be able to reverse engineer it by going through the xmls.

Edited by BarryTGash (see edit history)

On 2/25/2022 at 11:12 AM, KhaineGB said:

As promised, it's here, it's uploaded, it's ready.

Darkness Falls V4.01 is now out!

To update, you need to make sure that your /Mods folder is TOTALLY deleted. No exceptions. A new save is very, very, very strongly recommended as your progress may be wiped. Patch notes as follows.

[..]

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have the Vehicles For Dumb@%$#s perk, your save will likely be wiped as that perk had to be adjusted to fix a bug. You have been warned.

I had maxed this perk, so I hesitated to install 4.01. Instead, I finished the mechanic class and spent the points on "mechanic". _Then_ I installed A20.3 and DF4.01 - and it worked, my progress was not wiped. While I cannot guarantee that it will work for you also, I suggest completing the mechanic class before updating.

11 hours ago, Chivalric said:

I'm assuming you remade the trader POI for Jen, the front entrance is a bit messed up. Just cosmetic.1386917251_7DaystoDieScreenshot2022_02.25-21_52_16_48.thumb.png.7a7dc9fa07f7261d07f9f2c2f8313ddf.png

Oh, I just need to move the poles over. Eh, i'll do that later (or remove them)

28 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

I had maxed this perk, so I hesitated to install 4.01. Instead, I finished the mechanic class and spent the points on "mechanic". _Then_ I installed A20.3 and DF4.01 - and it worked, my progress was not wiped. While I cannot guarantee that it will work for you also, I suggest completing the mechanic class before updating.

Nice :)

Khaine, quick questions to translations: The (single) file "localization.txt" is in "7 Days To Die\Data\Config\", but there are several of these files in the mod folder. Do you have to maintain all? And is there a special order of languages, or may I append German in a column I like?

And, most important: Are translations working at all with this last update?

Anybody mind trying to join my dedicated server for a minute? I'm just trying to see if people can join, I did some further modifications to the files. Game name is Darkness Falls 4.01 VSmall 20.3.

If it doesn't work that's fine, the log should let me know even if it fails.

3 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Khaine, quick questions to translations: The (single) file "localization.txt" is in "7 Days To Die\Data\Config\", but there are several of these files in the mod folder. Do you have to maintain all? And is there a special order of languages, or may I append German in a column I like?

And, most important: Are translations working at all with this last update?

The only one i'm using is the one in Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config. I need to test and see if translation modlets work. Other languages were removed because the localization file got too big and broke servers.

Running a dedicated server and noticed that screamers no longer spawn. Doesn't matter how much noise I make, mined over 50k iron in one spot and had 0, also checked the console and no info about screamers or failed scout message appeared. I didn't modify anything related to enemies, only item stack amounts and tweaking the auger/blade traps/attachments.

2 hours ago, Chivalric said:

Anybody mind trying to join my dedicated server for a minute? I'm just trying to see if people can join, I did some further modifications to the files. Game name is Darkness Falls 4.01 VSmall 20.3.

If it doesn't work that's fine, the log should let me know even if it fails.

Your game does not even show up in the serverlist - sorry!

And one for english native speakers, as obviously I'm not one ...

perkASWeapons4Desc Increase damage by 20% for this weapon class. Increase reload speed by 20%. Increases at skill level 81. Increases run speed by 20% while holding an automatic weapon. 4% chance per shot to make an enemy ragdoll. +1% damage per successful hit until you miss.

What does "to make an enemy ragdoll" means?

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Chivalric said:

Running a dedicated server and noticed that screamers no longer spawn. Doesn't matter how much noise I make, mined over 50k iron in one spot and had 0, also checked the console and no info about screamers or failed scout message appeared. I didn't modify anything related to enemies, only item stack amounts and tweaking the auger/blade traps/attachments.

Given the amount of people playing on servers I see complaining about screamers, they're definitely working.

2 hours ago, Falaffel said:

perkQuickerCraftingRank10Desc Decrease crafting time by 100%

Hard to believe :)

Is it 40 or 50%?

I mean, there isn't even a rank 10. It stops at 5. 😛 So it doesn't matter.

28 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

It shows up under dedicated servers to me, but maybe not for others. Odd. IP is 192.168.200.87, default port.

This is an internal IP. Try enabling port forwarding in the router and give your external IP to the people that should join.

9 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

I mean, there isn't even a rank 10. It stops at 5. 😛 So it doesn't matter.

Decrease time by 100 percent means no crafting time at all?

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

Thanks for the 4.01 update!

• New game for new version... looks like RWG is working!  :)
  • Survivors (aka &%$# kill-stealing thieves) seem to be everywhere and are now unkillable by players - is this intended?  With Feral Sense on, zeds swarm to me (as desired) but Survivor's then swarm to the zeds and I seem to end up with 2-3 kiting around me during battles.  Can we at least reduce their spawns?
  • When will the 'extra large wandering horde' mod be updated?  It should be a part of DF
  • Lv2 trader quests still 50% send me to a Doggos - assume this is a TFP quest issue?  Getting to hate that POI!
  • Confirm that Screamers are 'as normal'... especially when mining 😕
  • Confirm that changing game name starts player at different trader.  First game in 8-10 tries that I have NOT started with Rekt (thank god!)
  • FYI: Stun Batons seem to be quite good now - very low Stam usage + extremely high rate of attack speed.  +/- as good as Knuckles, depending upon the situation  :)
Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)