Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

First of all, thank you Khaine for your hard work and dedication! Your mod is just awesome :)

I have one question: as far as I understand there are only two ways of getting the laser workbench: at the end of the last bunker/lab or buying one from Jen.

Do I have to get Jens faction up for the laser workbench to show up in her stash? I have maxed all skills that improve traders stash, but had no luck until now...

Running A20.2 and DF v4.0.

Ablative Armor Mods:

• only fits in 4/5 pieces of armor. I don't think the boots would take it. Is this by design?
  • cannot be installed in power armor.
    • Does power armor have an anti-fire property already?

Power Armor:

• The descriptions for titanium and power armor both state they are 'the best'. Other than the built-in anti-radiation property of power armor, is there anything else about power armor to make it more compelling than titanium armor?

Demon Fire:

• (old issue) While raiding the large DF lab I keep getting set on fire from demon fireballs, from seemingly nowhere. Its either coming from outside wandering zeds or from the final room, but by my estimate I was at least two floors or walls away from the latter the last time I got hit (ironically I was running away due to lack of hydration and medical supplies).

Mutated Spiders:

• What did we do to you to deserve this? (first saw these on a day 56 horde, still got PTSD...nice addition BTW)

9 hours ago, zoikoikum said:

First of all, thank you Khaine for your hard work and dedication! Your mod is just awesome :)

I have one question: as far as I understand there are only two ways of getting the laser workbench: at the end of the last bunker/lab or buying one from Jen.

Do I have to get Jens faction up for the laser workbench to show up in her stash? I have maxed all skills that improve traders stash, but had no luck until now...

No, you just need secret stash skills and to get lucky.

59 minutes ago, walkingwounded said:

Running A20.2 and DF v4.0.

Ablative Armor Mods:

• only fits in 4/5 pieces of armor. I don't think the boots would take it. Is this by design?
  • cannot be installed in power armor.
    • Does power armor have an anti-fire property already?

Power Armor:

• The descriptions for titanium and power armor both state they are 'the best'. Other than the built-in anti-radiation property of power armor, is there anything else about power armor to make it more compelling than titanium armor?

Demon Fire:

• (old issue) While raiding the large DF lab I keep getting set on fire from demon fireballs, from seemingly nowhere. Its either coming from outside wandering zeds or from the final room, but by my estimate I was at least two floors or walls away from the latter the last time I got hit (ironically I was running away due to lack of hydration and medical supplies).

Mutated Spiders:

• What did we do to you to deserve this? (first saw these on a day 56 horde, still got PTSD...nice addition BTW)

Ablative armor has been working for other people. Yes, power armor has a better version included already.

The localization needs updating but power armor has better mobility, stamina usage, built in fire resistance and built in rad protection for slightly less protection.

Fireballs aren't fixable. It's that simple. I've done my best to try and reduce it (which players have reported is the case), but you should go in prepared.

Spider was cos I felt like it.

Thanks for the responses.

Took me a few attempts to clear the lab due to not having enough medical supplies, water, etc. Just had to plan ahead and learn when to abort a bad situation. I was in a position that I already found the 'research notes from hell' and was just trying to make it to the laser workbench to make one for myself. For some reason neither of the Caitlin's would have one to buy.

I'm assuming the research notes from hell quest is the last of the DF story quests since I've not been given any other quests since. I've taken to shutting down the portal gates in the wasteland to wrap things up before starting a new one.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Fireballs aren't fixable. It's that simple. I've done my best to try and reduce it (which players have reported is the case), but you should go in prepared.

Speaking of, they don't go through walls nearly as much, but I've noticed sometimes I'll take chip damage from one (1-5 health lost), then start losing health roughly 3x faster than bleeding. Went from 300 to 154 in a very short amount of time, nothing was near me to harm me. I've had this happen a few times. No icon shows up like bleeding or burning, either.

1 hour ago, walkingwounded said:

not having enough medical supplies, water, etc

Little tip someone pointed out in the past. Fit the water purifier mod in the helmet and drink murky water to put the flames out - you can carry those in stacks of 125, a considerable improvement over regular water.

9 hours ago, Ello Govnah said:

Regarding this next update, does DF update automatically or do I have the option to skip it? I have vehicles for dumb@%$#s and would like to know how to avoid having my game wiped. 

Depends if you used the launcher or not.

6 hours ago, Valrin72 said:

So, for some reason my Rice keeps turning into wheat.  It was Rice when I planted it, and the graphic is still Rice, but it's wheat now.

image.thumb.jpeg.5930c4adcdb929df7efe97b4d82fafd1.jpeg

Edit:  Okay, it was Rice when I picked it.  So it's just the name that is messed up.

Not reproducable.

Thanks for mentioning the issue with demonic fireballs... they are a bit (lot) excessive atm but if it's non-fixable, ok

How about instead adding some fire resistance mods that can be added to armor (to a max of 75% ish protection)?

Does Ablative Armor already do that?  None has dropped for me, so haven't tested 😕

Weirdness with loot ~ level 200, I'm getting frequent drops of the gyrocopter parts (have 10+ now of each part)... but no motorcycle or other car parts have ever dropped for me :?

What is the plan for Survivors?  Can we harvest them for 'Strange Meat', if nothing else?   lol

Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)

4 hours ago, FujiToday said:

What are the roles of the "survivors" NPC in the game ?

Their movement is kinda dummy and I don't know why their hits keep missing on zombies.

World decoration atm.

2 hours ago, Lumpus said:

Thanks for mentioning the issue with demonic fireballs... they are a bit (lot) excessive atm but if it's non-fixable, ok

How about instead adding some fire resistance mods that can be added to armor (to a max of 75% ish protection)?

Does Ablative Armor already do that?  None has dropped for me, so haven't tested 😕

Weirdness with loot ~ level 200, I'm getting frequent drops of the gyrocopter parts (have 10+ now of each part)... but no motorcycle or other car parts have ever dropped for me :?

What is the plan for Survivors?  Can we harvest them for 'Strange Meat', if nothing else?   lol

Ablative armor already does that, but you have to make it.

Gyro has been removed from loot in 4.01.

In response to a comment, on 2/15 Khaine posted:  Time to be less picky about your start trader then. And it's the name you use that determines your start point. That's vanilla code I haven't changed.

I just wanted to confirm this and clarify - is it the name we assign to this particular playthrough that governs our starting point and starting trader?  Or the name of the character image we select when starting the new game?  Or something else?  I always assumed the starting point was random, and was intrigued that the name selected causes this.   Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Lumpus said:

I'm getting frequent drops of the gyrocopter parts (have 10+ now of each part)... but no motorcycle or other car parts have ever dropped for me :?

Gyro parts were dropped by demons since they couldn't be crafted in earlier versions of the mod - do away with them if you already have a gyro or two, no real need to hold onto them.

35 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

Gyro parts were dropped by demons since they couldn't be crafted in earlier versions of the mod - do away with them if you already have a gyro or two, no real need to hold onto them.

Build a mech.

(don't really do that since none exist atm)

Speaking of moving death machines, I'm assuming the engine isn't capable of something like a moving platform base (thinking of ARK and building on the large dinos) but could something like the 4x4 be made into a area you could place things like the junk turrets? I'm assuming elevation would be the limiting factor there.

5 minutes ago, Lumpus said:

Ok... Ablative doesn't work with Power Armor - feature or bug?

Feature, power armor seems to have 100% fire protection with the full set. The mods being put into it would be useless.

1 minute ago, Chivalric said:

100% fire protection

By that I mean you don't burn, you still take damage from the fireball itself.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

It's not localization. I've double and triple checked it. I even went in-game and set the grow time to 3 seconds and it works as intended. 

For what it's worth, I've seen the same thing repeatedly as well. Harvesting it worked fine, the rice just looked like the wheat. I was running it on 20.2, doubt that had anything to do with it though.

I tried searching for a way to spawn npcs, but didn't find anything. I've been having the issue where the npc de-spawn just by leaving them at my base. They even de-spawn when im working on my base near them. So i figured I would just spawn new ones in until the problem is fixed. Is there a way to spawn in npcs? The spawning can be totally random on what they spawn with or what they look like. Also loving this mod overhaul. It adds so much cool stuff that makes the game feel new again.

Edited by odom8891
Forgot to add something. (see edit history)

Quick question regarding the new vehicles:

Are any of them better then the 4x4 in terms of carrying capacity and basic speed? I'm thinking of trying out one of the new big rides (such as old semi, humvee or marauder).

Also noticed that none of the traders seem to sell ammo-making stuff besides the occasional small pile of gun-powder. Were tips and cases removed from their lists?

1 hour ago, wolfarus said:

Quick question regarding the new vehicles:

Are any of them better then the 4x4 in terms of carrying capacity and basic speed? I'm thinking of trying out one of the new big rides (such as old semi, humvee or marauder).

Also noticed that none of the traders seem to sell ammo-making stuff besides the occasional small pile of gun-powder. Were tips and cases removed from their lists?

For sheer speed, the dirt bike is the fastest and best ability to traverse hills. Of the larger vehicles, my favorite was the buggy I think it's called, high storage, speed, and suspension is excellent. Gyro beats everything though.

1 hour ago, odom8891 said:

I tried searching for a way to spawn npcs, but didn't find anything. I've been having the issue where the npc de-spawn just by leaving them at my base. They even de-spawn when im working on my base near them. So i figured I would just spawn new ones in until the problem is fixed. Is there a way to spawn in npcs? The spawning can be totally random on what they spawn with or what they look like. Also loving this mod overhaul. It adds so much cool stuff that makes the game feel new again.

Most of the time traders vanishing happens when I log out too close to them, or build something near them. I avoided those later and they never despawned. To spawn them in, open the console, type DM, then F6 to open the entity spawner. Should be under npc, trader, and or the actual name, if you remember it.

DM isn't case sensitive, btw.

As promised, it's here, it's uploaded, it's ready.

Darkness Falls V4.01 is now out!

To update, you need to make sure that your /Mods folder is TOTALLY deleted. No exceptions. A new save is very, very, very strongly recommended as your progress may be wiped. Patch notes as follows.

V4.01

- Updated for A20.3b3.
- Updated Sphereii-Core.
- Included experimental C# patch and edited POI XML that allows RWG to work for DF.
- Fixed localization on Mining tips.
- Fixed unlockedby on Rechargeable Battery.
- Fixed localization on gunpowder bundle.
- Fixed localization on steel crafting saying level 50 instead of level 30.
- Tweaked loot a little more.
- Laser weapons no longer have recoil (the thing that moves the camera) but DO still have spread (the thing that makes the crosshair bigger on firing).
- Removed the triple resource rocks from the wasteland, which I thought i'd already done.
- Rebalanced stamina cost of scrap tools as it was lower than intended.
- Rebalanced power attack stats of scrap iron fireaxe as it was higher than intended.
- Rebalanced power attack stats of iron pickaxe as it was lower than intended.
- Added bedrollArmyGreen since it was missing.
- Fixed incorrect icon on player lockable cabinets.
- Fixed a bug with Razor's quests not showing up if the player somehow managed to do the Scout "Next Trader" quest multiple times.
- Fixed a bug with Eve spamming NRE's.
- Fixed pagenation issue on the players window.
- Changed the bunker portal to use the same spawner as the body bags to see if it works.
- Increased the cost of Orange Tea as it was a little too cheap.
- Chicken Coops should now be repairable.
- Zombie AI should now work as intended.
- Reload speed and rounds per minute should now work on bows/crossbows.
- Iron Hoe should now have localization.
- Tough Utility Worker now has localization.
- Disabled eggs spawning chickens because I forgot to do that and people were breaking their games.
- Dried oranges should no longer be spammable.
- Resource rocks should now show different colours on the map to help players locate veins.
- Excluded the chainsaw from bleed effects so the player won't bleed while using it.
- Added a tag to JaWoodle Purple so it can be used on vehicles.
- Flying vehicles should no longer be tiered to fix price issues.
- Removed Gyro parts from loot since it's now craftable.
- Fixed Diazepam taking too much water.
- Removed duplicate Pipe Bomb recipe.
- Fixed Minibike not being craftable after level 1 of Vehicles For Dumb@%$#s.
- Changed the Dirt Bike to the same speed as the Motorcycle.
- Changed the Dirt Bike to be made with Forged Iron instead of Forged Steel.
- Dirt Bike now has slightly larger storage but still less than a Minibike.
- Made reload speed of laser sniper a little faster.
- Supply Crates should no longer drop two mastery books (but should still have a chance for 1).
- Adjusted spawn rates of "full" bookshelves so there should be more of them since DF is very reliant on books.
- All traders updated with walls not made of paper.
- Reduced and moved spawn points on all maps so players should be sent to the proper traders.
- Ghillie suit is now properly locked.
- Added a low chance for super corn to drop in loot.
- Increased the storage size of the box truck as discussed with the testers.
- Fixed iron and potassium being in the wasteland when it shouldn't be.
- Fixed the range and tick rate of the bunker portal.
- Changed modXPNerf to be installable on anything and apply to all XP gained (this is a creative mode only item).
- Crowbars now properly work on treasure chests.
- Added missing Arc Gun recipe.
- Added ammo to T3 and T4 buried supplies to make them a little more valuable.
- Fixed the "Marksman Rifle" trader dialog localization.
- Fixed missing localization on steel ammo bundles.
- Backend code tidy up for better performance.
- Small tweak that should resolve Eve quest issues.
- Porkins Shotgun shouldn't degrade as quickly.
- Drone should now heal when it has the healing mod and appropriate items (but not the paramedic kit for some reason).

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have the Vehicles For Dumb@%$#s perk, your save will likely be wiped as that perk had to be adjusted to fix a bug. You have been warned.

Download Link: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA20 (click the 3 dots, select download as zip)
Alt Download Link: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a20/-/tree/main (click the icon next to clone and then zip)