"That moment"

Clauticus

[QUOTE=Red Eagle LXIX;53066]That moment it is less than 3 hours till you are supposed to wake up and for the nth day in a row.[/QUOTE] Ugh that's the worst. That moment when you wake up 5 minutes before your alarm and know there's no escaping the busy day ahead of you no matter how bad you want to close your eyes and keep sleeping.

[QUOTE=LimeyRon;53238]That moment when you spend over an hour scavenging, at the opposite end of the map to your base, and you die. I lost all my stuff :([/QUOTE] Ouch. -=-=-=- That moment when you notice/know/discover something but know it is better not to speak of it, no matter how much you might want to. (not related to this thread, something from another forum)

[QUOTE=Red Eagle LXIX;53941]That moment when you notice/know/discover something but know it is better not to speak of it, no matter how much you might want to. (not related to this thread, something from another forum)[/QUOTE] The "forbidden" subject? That moment when you wake up, throw the cat outside and then go back to bed :) Just got up and it's 1:15pm. I'm so lazy :p

[QUOTE=LimeyRon;53961]The "forbidden" subject? That moment when you wake up, throw the cat outside and then go back to bed :) Just got up and it's 1:15pm. I'm so lazy :p[/QUOTE] Nah, no forbidden subject. As I said, nothing on this forum. That moment you sit with your wife and figure out you might need to see a doctor as you've only gotten 20 hours sleep in the past week (with the longest continuous stretch being a little over 4 hours).

[QUOTE=Red Eagle LXIX;53986]Nah, no forbidden subject. As I said, nothing on this forum.[/QUOTE] My mistake, was still half asleep :p 5 cups of tea later.... [QUOTE=Red Eagle LXIX;53986]That moment you sit with your wife and figure out you might need to see a doctor as you've only gotten 20 hours sleep in the past week (with the longest continuous stretch being a little over 4 hours).[/QUOTE] Not good, Red. Been there before and only bad things can happen. Get it sorted ASAP :encouragement:

That moment when you spend a couple hundred dollars on a computer part only to find out it didn't boost your performance nearly as much as you thought it would. Or how about that moment where you spend a month or two teaching a friend how to build a computer, and a week later they boast about how they built a computer several times more powerful than yours. I'll admit, I should have been proud, but something about it really bothered me. Oh well, I got a job yesterday, so hopefully I'll get the cash to buy myself a GTX 780ti (or maybe just go with SLI 670's?)

^I forgot how to make redstone circuits after not making things with them for over a year... those modpacks really make you lose focus on all the things the vanilla game has to offer. I used to make score counters for CTF arenas, spleef arenas with pistons and cobblestone makers, 3D mazes with large hidden piston traps, drawbridges, you name it, I made it. The moment you realize Minecraft modpacks ruin the original game and you become too spoiled with quarries and electricity.

[QUOTE=Fox;54950]The moment you realize Minecraft modpacks ruin the original game and you become too spoiled with quarries and electricity.[/QUOTE] I don't use modpacks for automation, I use them for additional content (industrialcraft and thaumcraft mainly). As for redstone circuitry, I have always used the vanilla stuff, it has a beautiful simplicity to it that redstone modpacks take away (by handing prebuilt circuits on a silver platter).

[QUOTE=Tellis Argonis;56066]And it's because steam updated and doesn't ever tell you when it does but just with a small little box that sometimes opens.[/QUOTE] Yep, so annoying. I opted out of the steam client beta and it's much nicer now - I get updates much less frequently.

Archived