A16 - Gnamod

Haidrgna

Click on "secret stash icon" (goods are in there).

Aha! Thank you!

I hope that this can be addressed because that was really frustrating. I like a challenge, but it seemed a little insane for day 1 without being able to buy anything.

I want a true nomad survivor mode, but the 30 minute days is kind of deal breaker for me, what 's the issue with that? Why can't we have longer days?

30 Min days is an old specification sorry, its only going to be viable in the current version if you are with a decent group that knows what they are doing, solo you should stick with 60 minute days, which still can be a challenge to find a new location and secure it for the night every time.

This reminds me again that I need to update the main posts, since so much has changed and I have not had enough time to change the text with it. I hope for 1.04 I can get this fixed.

I have v1.0.3 and I've not been able to get very far. I've played a previous version (v1.0?) so I have *some* experience with it.

I see people talking about having access to the vendors on day 1. I have started 8 games in the past couple of days, and not once has my beacon had anything in it -- they're all empty and say it will restock on day 2. Am I missing something?

Also, I think Haidrgna said something about having a higher/virtually-100% chance of getting nails in the starter kit. Of those 8 games, I got nails the first time but not again. Or were you talking about for the next version?

You will only get nails in your starter kit atm when you get a nailgun (which uses it as ammo), otherwise you will not get them in the current version, but for 1.04 I might equip the beacon with some starting building materials through the storage drawer(s) it will have.

But yeah the secret stash is where it has all been moved, this was a deliberate change so that every player can buy stuff and all stuff is recycled with a new level of vendoneer. It sadly removes the ability to sort and will make it appear empty at first sight, but on the over version a lot of people were actually missing that most stuff was in the secret stash.

I am really avoiding having to do any UI changes so people can use any that works with A16, there is probably no other way to get this. The way traders work is that the secret stock is never mixed with regular stock, even if there is no regular stock. I hope in A17 the trader stock will be mixed or at least the secret stash be sorted the same way as regular stock.

I've noticed a temperature issue in Horde mode SP - my dude starts to shiver when now and then the temp seems to stick on 44 degrees no matter what he is wearing. Only being by a fire seems to warm him up. It is the constant shiver sound that gets a bit annoying that's all.

I think the rifles are under powered. I've been adding my own xml changes to fix this. I also make burning barrels deal damage so that i can put them in holes for zeds to walk over. Perhaps you could add in a firetrap block that is appropriately priced ?

Thanks for making such a great mod.

Well many temperature buffs have been changed and dusters cool the player down as well. It might be cold outside and maybe you drink a lot of cooling drinks? Temperature is still weird in this game no matter what I try. The shiver sounds I could not stop from being cast, they should be limited to like once in while, but if your temp stabilizes on the threshold of cold or warm it just keeps going. I think the weathersurvival enviromental stuff also applies temp effects at a different rate when a player reaches threshold which might be the cause, but whatever I tried changing had no effect.

But the campfire can be used to warm you up, it just keeps raising your temperature. Also if you get wet that will give you a buff that cools you down, the campfire will temporary remove it and start warming you so you can dry. Perhaps wear something more waterproof if its raining/snowning/misty?

Quick progress update:

I am currently reworking blocks and construction, which will include some streamlining to the upgrade path and the HPs of blocks. Currently the idea is to have the special shapes have less HP than the full blocks, which will make full blocks offer more protection while the other shapes offer more flexibility. They will likely cost the same, but they might also end up being lighter and able to support less (still thinking on this).

Due to this and some other xml file rearranging I am doing it is likely that this version will lose compatibilty with existing games, therefore I will likely work on it a bit longer and probably will become a 1.1 release rather than a 1.04.

The current plan will be to remove rebar frames completely, instead adding in rebar as an item that is needed to craft wet concrete blocks that then can be further upgraded. There will also be steel rebar that can be used to create wet reinforced concrete (though this may be locked behind a perk). As I planned but not really completely done yet, all scrapIron blocks will become forgedIron blocks, the frames being made in the forge and then can be upgraded to reinforced versions. Bricks will become an item that is made in the forge from clay and then can be made into brick blocks with mortarMix. I will also be adding Lime and limestone to the world for this, so mortar and concrete mix can include lime. The recipes likely will also include buckets of water or murky water for small quantities made. Perhaps some other item I will include that can be used to gather water for construction purposes, wooden buckets perhaps. This is still in flux. Limestone will replace the gravel deposits, though underground may also undergo a change (with some biomes having limestone deposits or sand layers and deeper will become harder granite where the ore veins will be at). Sand from stone recipe in the mixer will likely be removed, instead there may be a lime from (lime)stone recipe. But gathering sand will be done from the sand layer or desert. Destroyed stone will likely just yield stone and gravel may yield a bit of sand.

The bigger change is that all blocks will no longer degrade back into its previous form on destruction, this means that HP of blocks are scaled going up with better materials, but lower end materials get a boost.

Generally it will look like this: ( --> upgrades; -+> replaced by a complete block, [color="#00FF00"]green: entrypoint[/color])

[color="#00FF00"]forgedFrame[/color] --> forgedIron
[color="#00FF00"]woodframe[/color] --> wood --> rWood --> metalRWood --> forgedIron --> rForgedIron -+> [color="#00FF00"]concrete[/color] --> [color="#00FF00"]rConcrete[/color] -+> [color="#00FF00"]steel[/color] --> stainlessSteel
                               [color="#00FF00"] flagstone[/color]  --> cobblestone -+> brickBlock --> concrete
                                                               [color="#00FF00"]brickBlock[/color] --> concrete

As you can see there are a few starting points, woodframe, forgedframe, flagstone, brick. But also concrete, rConcrete and steel could be made and placed directly. Some stages the block is replaced, this means if you upgrade you need a complete block rather than materials. R Concrete is always swapped out for steel, R forgedIron for Concrete and cobblestone for Bricks. You can see this as an end to the path but with the option to replace the existing block without the need to break it away.

I will also try and make all shapes available to all stages for the starter blocks (being craftable from the base blocks). Steel blocks will need to be created in the forge with a crucible, rather than being upgraded from raw steel. Steel polish will likely become more expensive. These blocks will also be stronger, and for horde mode the stainless steel will also offer sight and explosion blocking.

This means I will work on this for a time before releasing, I will need to test this and adjust horde mode to these changes along with the new beacon, which I got a prototype of working, which will need to be made into a sp, mp and challenge version.

I hope to include Horde Mode - The Last Stand in this 1.1 release as well, which will be the challenge version of Horde Mode. It will come with a beacon that has no traders but instead a lot of drawers with very random building loot and supplies/kits, as well as scattered supply boxes. Then its build with whatever you find and see how long you can make it last.

This will not be ready soon, but suggestions etc are always welcome.

Steel Bars Upgrade Bug

Haidrgna, not sure if you already corrected this, but the steel bars are set up in such a way that they upgrade into themselves (since they extend the iron bars block) which can be a pain when doing repairs. I did a quick fix, setting them as an independent entity rather than extending an existing class.

<block id="1147" name="steelBars">
<property name="CustomIcon" value="ironBars"/>
<property name="Shape" value="New"/>
<property name="LightOpacity" value="0"/>
<property name="ImposterExclude" value="true"/>
<property name="UseGlobalUV" value="Local"/>
<property name="Collide" value="movement,melee,rocket"/> <!-- -rocket -->
<drop event="Harvest" name="scrapIron" count="32"/>
<drop event="Destroy" count="0"/>
<drop event="Fall" name="scrapMetalPile" count="1" prob="0.75" stick_chance="1"/>
<property name="Group" value="Building"/>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="ironBarsDesc"/>
<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="ironBars"/>
<property name="Model" value="iron_bars"/>
<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted"/>
<property name="Material" value="Msteel"/>
<property name="Texture" value="267"/>
<property name="EconomicValue" value="450"/>
<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="1"/>
<property class="RepairItems"><property name="forgedSteel" value="8"/></property>
</block>

In case you or anyone else wants to use. I admittedly changed the RepairItems property for my own game, and don't remember what you originally had, so sorry about that...

Haidrgna, not sure if you already corrected this, but the steel bars are set up in such a way that they upgrade into themselves (since they extend the iron bars block) which can be a pain when doing repairs. I did a quick fix, setting them as an independent entity rather than extending an existing class.

<block id="1147" name="steelBars">
<property name="CustomIcon" value="ironBars"/>
<property name="Shape" value="New"/>
<property name="LightOpacity" value="0"/>
<property name="ImposterExclude" value="true"/>
<property name="UseGlobalUV" value="Local"/>
<property name="Collide" value="movement,melee,rocket"/> <!-- -rocket -->
<drop event="Harvest" name="scrapIron" count="32"/>
<drop event="Destroy" count="0"/>
<drop event="Fall" name="scrapMetalPile" count="1" prob="0.75" stick_chance="1"/>
<property name="Group" value="Building"/>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="ironBarsDesc"/>
<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="ironBars"/>
<property name="Model" value="iron_bars"/>
<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted"/>
<property name="Material" value="Msteel"/>
<property name="Texture" value="267"/>
<property name="EconomicValue" value="450"/>
<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="1"/>
<property class="RepairItems"><property name="forgedSteel" value="8"/></property>
</block>

In case you or anyone else wants to use. I admittedly changed the RepairItems property for my own game, and don't remember what you originally had, so sorry about that...

I know about this issue and had already fixed it in the development branch, which will be overhauling upgrade paths and costs anyway. I will not likely release a seperate fix just for this issue as I rather spend the time I have on the new 1.1 version I am building. But this fix people can use that are have issues with it I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice mod. Only problem is that its close to impossible to survive day one solo if the beacon hasnt got the perfect "loot"... They easily break through a 4 wall thick combo of brick/concrete/cobble. And if you do not find any explosives you are seriously in trouble.

So, no copmplaint here. Nice mod but really to hard for me at least.

Nice mod. Only problem is that its close to impossible to survive day one solo if the beacon hasnt got the perfect "loot"... They easily break through a 4 wall thick combo of brick/concrete/cobble. And if you do not find any explosives you are seriously in trouble.

So, no copmplaint here. Nice mod but really to hard for me at least.

Thanks, yeah its not easy, you will need to place a good amount of spikes the first day to prevent them from breaking in to early, but even then making it through the night is rough :). Just keep on trying and you will get it at some point. You should also check out the other modes as well, for a fun and challenging experience.

Thanks, yeah its not easy, you will need to place a good amount of spikes the first day to prevent them from breaking in to early, but even then making it through the night is rough :). Just keep on trying and you will get it at some point. You should also check out the other modes as well, for a fun and challenging experience.

Im dumb enough to keep trying different approaches... At least until A17 drops :smile-new:

Hehe, as long as you are having fun doing so :D

Also a small update on progress:

Considering that A17 is getting closer I am likely going to shelve some of the ideas I had (mainly on food/meds, further buffs and progression stuff). I am going to try my best to still release a final 1.1 build of all the 4 mods, since I already have a lot of work completed but it needs to be tied together in a balanced new form. That will probably also be the last release before A17 hits.

My schedule for A17 will be roughly:

Experimental: I will be playing and experimenting, figuring out whats changed under the hood and see what I can salvage from A16 work.

17.0: Working on RWG, Loot and some basics that make up Gnamod, which will become a first A17 version of the mod.

17.1: Create a full version of Gnamod Base.

17.x: Bring back Horde Mode, Nomad Mode and Necropolis (in that order).

Hehe, as long as you are having fun doing so :D

Also a small update on progress:

Considering that A17 is getting closer I am likely going to shelve some of the ideas I had (mainly on food/meds, further buffs and progression stuff). I am going to try my best to still release a final 1.1 build of all the 4 mods, since I already have a lot of work completed but it needs to be tied together in a balanced new form. That will probably also be the last release before A17 hits.

My schedule for A17 will be roughly:

Experimental: I will be playing and experimenting, figuring out whats changed under the hood and see what I can salvage from A16 work.

17.0: Working on RWG, Loot and some basics that make up Gnamod, which will become a first A17 version of the mod.

17.1: Create a full version of Gnamod Base.

17.x: Bring back Horde Mode, Nomad Mode and Necropolis (in that order).

Thanks again for your work. Not to apply any pressure, but any ETA on the final A16 build? Days? Weeks? A month? I'm definitely going to give Horde mode another shot in the immediate future, but am wondering if I should hold off for a little bit or get right down to business.

Regards.

Thanks again for your work. Not to apply any pressure, but any ETA on the final A16 build? Days? Weeks? A month? I'm definitely going to give Horde mode another shot in the immediate future, but am wondering if I should hold off for a little bit or get right down to business.

Regards.

I cannot make any promises on exact ETA, but I am going to try and get something working this weekend, but its probably a week or 2 more before a full release is ready. I might add an experimental build on the mod launcher before that.

I cannot make any promises on exact ETA, but I am going to try and get something working this weekend, but its probably a week or 2 more before a full release is ready. I might add an experimental build on the mod launcher before that.

Gotcha, thanks. Will tinker around with steam sale titles in my library for a bit.

I have now been trying this mod for a 50 hours or so. I do like the idea of the mod very much. However what I have found out is that it is close to mpossible (for me at least) to even survive the first day as a solo player. It all comes down to what you find in the starter kit and the beacon.

If you do not get good weapons and building supplies you are seriously f....d. If the mod is to be playable by solo players it really needs to be better balanced. Having 40 or so zeds coming after you day 1 at around 13:00 hours is hard. What comes at 22:00 hours is impossible without luck. They break through 4 walls in minutes no matter what they are made of. And that is with at least 3 rows of spikes in front..

So, if you're not lucky enough to get the right loot... Dont bother to play this solo.

I usually play on solo as well. With most of the mods being more multiplayer focused, I usually just make a few tweaks of my own to make it a little more solo friendly. You can tone down how much block damage they do by searching for handzombie in the items.xml and reducing the block damage. Or if you want to reduce the number of zombies, that is found in the gamestages.xml. Lowering the maxalive number will do the trick, but there are a lot of entries to go through in that one. Really wish there was a global override for settings like that. You could also raise the entity damage of some of the starting weapons to make the first day a little easier. I usually mod the progression.xml to reduce the skill point cost for the crafting based skills since you can't rely on others to make stuff for you. This game is a hybrid that branches a number of different genres together so a lot of people are looking to get different things out of it which makes trying to balance an overhaul mod for so many different play styles and philosophies near impossible. Luckily it isn't too hard to make a few QOL edits yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright currently there is a Beta version of Gnamod 1.1 Horde Mode (Multiplayer) version on the mod launcher that can be played. Tonight me and Max Fox Gaming will be testing it out together with some friends so you can check it out on

if you want.

I will also make the base and sp version available on there soon for testing.

Alright currently there is a Beta version of Gnamod 1.1 Horde Mode (Multiplayer) version on the mod launcher that can be played. Tonight me and Max Fox Gaming will be testing it out together with some friends so you can check it out on
if you want.

I will also make the base and sp version available on there soon for testing.

Awesome. This is by far my favorite mod.

Can you help me with editing the .rwgmixer file in Nomad mode to increase bedrock depth? I'd like to mine at night if possible. Thanks!

Awesome. This is by far my favorite mod.

Can you help me with editing the .rwgmixer file in Nomad mode to increase bedrock depth? I'd like to mine at night if possible. Thanks!

Mining at night in Nomad Mode kind of defeats the purpose of the mod. Its not to hard to get it back but you should not edit in RWGMixer for it, its all controled in Biomes.xml. For every biome and subbiome you need to change the layering. I think the original layering is commented out, but you could load up the world with a Biomes.xml from Gnamod Base as well. Still I would not recommend it as having to fight (or be very quiet) at night rather than hide in a mine is what the mode is about.

• 3 weeks later...

Gnamod Horde Mode 1.1 and Necropolis are currently in pre-release on the Mod Launcher. They are nearly done and playable but will still get updates while I work on other parts of the mod(s).

Horde Mode now has 3 categories: Regular (comparable to the SP version), Hard (comparable to the MP version) and Insane (has no equal, big groups recommended). Each have the same Beacon and thus the same amount of vendors and chests with supplies. This is deliberate to help out solo players doing the regular mode. If you find that to easy go to Hard or Insane :)

Necropolis currently only has a regular version available but will also get a Nomad version.

Nomad Mode will be become a version rather than a specific mod. So what was known before as Nomad Mode will be called Gnamod Base (Nomad) in 1.1. And Necropolis (Nomad) will the Necropolis variant.

If you downloaded the Beta 1.1 versions before then you will need to manually remove them from the folder you installed them in with the mod launcher. You should be able to load previous games with the new version, but restarting is always recommended.

I will try to update documentation and changes here once I am done and release 1.1 officially for all versions, lot of stuff has changed and you can check some of my previous posts on what was planned since a lot of it has been implemented in these versions already.

Known Issues:

- You may notice that spawning in a new world and you then check your console that it may sometimes warn about not being able to set triangles due to incorrect vertex count (probably not the exact wording). This is due to how I generate small lakes in the world that replace the pond pois (that sometimes caused the regeneration thread to crash). This happens because terrain blocks transform into water.

- You may also see if you generate much world at once that sometimes stuff morphs, cars transform suddenly etc. This is because I extensively use plant blocks to randomize world content, these may lag behind sometime if you generate the world to fast. Best to give the game a moment on spawn, especially in horde mode which loads the world quickly. I changed the bike speed because of this as well, which is now far less dependent on quality but also has a lower maximum speed that better matches world generation.

• 2 weeks later...

That Beacon is HOT!!

Definitely a game changer with the beacon being hot!

After blowing up on first night, I had to sit and actually plan my next attempt.

I know I am far from the best horde mode player, and ♥♥♥♥♥ has gotten real LOL!

It is going to take a few to get used to all the new crafting changes as well; however, I am up for the challenge.

Thanks for providing storage off the rip too.

I would love to hear from the 50+ day players who played earlier version.

Yeah, Zombies going after the Beacon really makes for a whole new ball game. The crafting changes (I think) should not be that hard to get used to, but its definitely different from Vanilla now, but it should still make sense. Just do take the time to explore some of the options. Concrete is no longer the only route to steel.

• 2 weeks later...

Gnamod now has a Discord channel https://discord.gg/Yxn9B6q

This channel is for people interested in Gnamod, want to discuss or ask questions and get to know content creators that are play Gnamod and also have joined :)

Gnamod 1.1 will be releasing soon, the end of this month or at the latest the end of next week it will go from a Beta pre-release version on the Mod Launcher to a stable version of all the modes that are currently there. At that same time I will remove the old 1.0 versions from the Mod Launcher. They will stay available for manual download here.

Versions that will be in the 1.1 Release:

- Gnamod Base (Regular)

- Gnamod Base (Nomad)

- Gnamod Necropolis (Regular)

- Gnamod Necropolis (Nomad)

- Gnamod Horde Mode (Regular)

- Gnamod Horde Mode (Hard)

- Gnamod Horde Mode (Insane)

- Gnamod The Last Stand (Regular)

Possible releases

- Gnamod The Last Stand (Insane) <Will replace current last stand making the regular more suitable for smaller groups>

- Gnamod Rambo Mode (Insane) <Start of with a powered starter kit, loads of ammo and then shoot zombies all day and rest at nights. Zombies will drop supplies like in Horde Mode. This mode still only exists in concept and only will be released for A16 if A17 is delayed further or I can get it working easily. Otherwise this will idea will be shelved for A17>

• 1 month later...

There is a problem with necro-nomad... buried backpack doesn't have enough room. There is a chance to get starter kit but when you get it, you will see that armor and medic/food takes all the place so no ammo or weapons available. It's frustrating ))

5x5 isn't enough to hold all the possible loot.

Archived