A16 - Gnamod

Haidrgna

Well for me seems something is horribly wrong with structural integrity ...

I installed Horde mode (Single Player) with mod launcher. All was fine till I started to build my base floor.

I was able to fill all that area with iron reinforced wood blocks but after I step on them they fall down (9x9 area)

Untitled1.jpg.9600588ef3b37550f98e5197b7e2c6aa.jpg

Tried using rebar frames = same. Created 9x9 rebar frame and filled it with concrete, removed frames and blocks still standing and floting in air ...

Untitled.jpg.b090a2e710e532d794365ea77cf7e993.jpg

What I am doning wrong .. ? :distrust:

Out of curiosity, if someone were to log out right before horde night every night and log back in, would they get smaller hordes?

I have watched some streamers and from my own experience when back to back nights are done, the 2nd one seems to be extra brutal. Maybe I am not 100% understanding how the horde difficulty works in this mod.

Thanks and I am loving it. Currently my game is Day 35 and built a minibike. Lol

Out of curiosity, if someone were to log out right before horde night every night and log back in, would they get smaller hordes?

I have watched some streamers and from my own experience when back to back nights are done, the 2nd one seems to be extra brutal. Maybe I am not 100% understanding how the horde difficulty works in this mod.

Thanks and I am loving it. Currently my game is Day 35 and built a minibike. Lol

Yes, entering the game right before the night breaks the balance. There will be no actual horde.

Playing from morning to morning is the best choice to have a real horde experience.

Well for me seems something is horribly wrong with structural integrity ...

I installed Horde mode (Single Player) with mod launcher. All was fine till I started to build my base floor.

I was able to fill all that area with iron reinforced wood blocks but after I step on them they fall down (9x9 area)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24289[/ATTACH]

Tried using rebar frames = same. Created 9x9 rebar frame and filled it with concrete, removed frames and blocks still standing and floting in air ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24290[/ATTACH]

What I am doning wrong .. ? :distrust:

You probably should support it properly, wood and reinforced iron cannot hold that much and need a lot more pillars. Your bases basically seem to float, so you are likely not supporting them to much. The game will check if block can still exist or a structure is still supported when something walks over it, so yeah you will fall through even if when you placed it it was ok.

You could reduce the initial horde pressure substantially this way. During the day the beacon heat is saved up and at night it will start summoning zombies when it is allowed, which if your day is long enough can be a big wave of zombies. If you log out the game resets this, not sure if logging out of a server will (if you are the last one to log out), but shutting it down surely also will.

Like Adruin said, the intention is to play days from dawn till the dawn of the next morning. If you need to exit for some reason best to play until the next dawn (pause the game if you have to). I have also seen streamers do it and I think I made some (like Kage848) aware of this, but eventually people play it how they want to. For the most hardcore experience, 30 min days dawn to dawn, but for a solid solo experience 60 min is perfect. Just dont raise the loot %, this makes the starter kits far more powerful than intended and breaks the balance of them (they are already strong).

Thanks guys! Even at 100% loot, the bags are pretty OP from a $$$ making perspective.

Yeah, that will be balanced a bit more in the upcoming version, which will focus mainly on balancing the four versions of the mod (and may be one of the last real updates to it, depending on how fast A17 will be here).

Thanks again for all of the work. This mod is fantastic. I have a request and I know you won't like it....

Can you add a bigger backpack version of the mod? I know you specifically stated you didn't want it but the normal backpack is just too small and hinders enjoyment of the game. Horde mode is frustrating when you cant loot a full bag. Also, when trying to do repairs, build and loot bags on the tight time crunch it just makes having to run back and forth annoying for no reason.

Again, thanks for the fantastic mod. I am loving it!

Thanks again for all of the work. This mod is fantastic. I have a request and I know you won't like it....

Can you add a bigger backpack version of the mod? I know you specifically stated you didn't want it but the normal backpack is just too small and hinders enjoyment of the game. Horde mode is frustrating when you cant loot a full bag. Also, when trying to do repairs, build and loot bags on the tight time crunch it just makes having to run back and forth annoying for no reason.

Again, thanks for the fantastic mod. I am loving it!

Thats exactly why I will not do it. I think it should not be to hard to do it yourself, I have seen people add it to Gnamod before so it is possible.

I could also remove the need to eat and drink from the mod, but for the same reason I will not. It is all these little things that add to the pressure and will challenge you to become as efficient as possible. You will get better at starting looting after you put away your building materials, or just not taking everything from each bag. They generally can be looted again, the blue backs stay longer in Horde Mode (unless they glitch out of the world, but thats something I cannot fix). Make sure you can efficiently enter and exit your base and prioritize. Is the extra dukes of this item you loot going to be worth it or is your time to precious and do you need to spend it on building or repairing.

For the horde version going to the server. Do i need anything except the contents of the horde zip file to upload? I was just making sure the base didnt need to go in first etc.. for client side ill be using the launcher so no biggy

The downloads from here are complete packages that you can extract into the game folder or server folder directly (over a clean version of 7dtd). If you download them from the launcher you may have do some manually although you could also copy over the folders from the installed game.

Base is included in all versions (as Horde, Nomad and Necropolis are all 'Mods' of Gnamod Base).

The downloads from here are complete packages that you can extract into the game folder or server folder directly (over a clean version of 7dtd). If you download them from the launcher you may have do some manually although you could also copy over the folders from the installed game.

Base is included in all versions (as Horde, Nomad and Necropolis are all 'Mods' of Gnamod Base).

Thanks mate. I was guessing correctly but just wanted to make sure. I think what threw me off was the size of the mod. I was expecting this massive file and its a nice small package

The download here is not yet up to date, I was planning to do it and didnt get around, now I am in later stages of 1.03, when that is finished this will also update to that version.

I am not sure why for some its not working through the launcher, I have seen some people close the launcher before it could finish downloading (was going slowly that windows said it was not responding). But I doubt thats what happening here, not sure what is.

I just need to know, its not throwing you in at 0,0 in Horde Mode or it is loading Vanilla?

Thanks again for all your work.

Are there any major updates/balancing planned for Necropolis in 1.03? I'm debating whether to jump into another Necropolis run or hold off for a bit.

Thanks again for all your work.

Are there any major updates/balancing planned for Necropolis in 1.03? I'm debating whether to jump into another Necropolis run or hold off for a bit.

Necropolis will be affected by it yes, I am currently working on:

- Heat rebalance

Heat generated now will last exactly 1 ingame day, this means that any heat a player makes will stick around for a while and making noises on the same spot increases your chances of getting a screamer. The amount of heat the sources such as the campfire, forge, chem station and bones has been adjusted to fit this and this is all balanced for a 60 minute day. Heat objects such as animal bones and torches generate heat now in such a way that they are never able to call any screamer solely by themselves, they balance out at a certain value, torches etc only add a tiny heat signature, but place a huge amount and you will notice it. The animal bones add a lot more heat pressure, but leaving one behind now will no longer call a constant screamer horde. The amount of screamers per wave has also been scaled, the first days in Gnamod there is even a chance no screamer is called, but the amount of them still rises over time.

- Buff rework

I have gone over every buff in the game and adjusted them to scale with game time (except for buffs with timers under 10 seconds). I have also added some new buffs and adjusted what some of the buffs do. This started as a small rebalance but many of these changes can severely impact the game.

New Buffs:

- 3 Types of Watercold: Getting wet will continually lower your core temperature (not adjust a value). Stay wet for to long in a cold biome and you will notice it.

- Natural Healing Buff: If you have your belly filled over 25% this buff becomes active and heals you at a slow pace. It gets removed by bleeding or when you start to starve (it will return again if you get filled over 25%).

Notable changes:

- Campfire buff now continually increases your core temperature (not adjust a value). This means sitting longer at a campfire has a better effect and sitting at it to long with warm clothes on can overheat you. But you can use the campfire better now to combat excessive cold or dry off.

- Any buff that sets you on fire will also increase your core temperature, if you want to heat up fast you can now set yourself on fire :)

- First Aid Kit now no longer has a flat +50 healing effect, instead it applies two buffs: the buff that First Aid Bandage applies (which stack) and a fast one that heals you 50 HP over 5 seconds.

- Being fully submerged buffs (drowning, cannotBreath) now also continually lower your core temperature, this offsets a bug where being submerged will negate the effect of the biome temperature (as this comes from the air blocks). Being in and underwater is now a lot more dangerous.

Other notable about these changes is that game time scales with the setting of Day Length. This means buffs will last longer on 90 minute days and shorter on 60 minute days. This means that being infected always takes 7 ingame days to kill you if you start at stage 1 etc, but being cured by pills will also last 1.5 ingame days. This means longer days you suffer longer but also heal more from aid buffs. It also affects heat dissipation, the balance is around 60 minutes, on 120 minutes the heat dissipates twice as slow but still generates at the same rate (this is not scalable) so you will see more screamers. But you also get more time to prepare for a blood moon :) Go on 30 minute days and you can have twice as much heat sources before you see visitors, so shorter days will benefit from this.

I have also fixed certain animals getting completely stuck in water (some animals apparently have no swim animations and thus get halted to completely stop). This means that they will instead now run around at the bottom of the water (which is still weird, but at least it prevents the extremely easy way of avoiding bears with even a single block of water).

I also have found a way to make the center of the RWG map always appear as a fairly flat plane, this means that the center city wasteland will mostly always come with a few big cities and look much better.

Other plans:

Rebalance Horde Mode: Tweaking the amount of zombies that come and making the two modes a bit more differently (SP will be balanced at 60 min days for up to 2 players, and MP will be balanced for 60 min days from 3+ players). This will also come with blood moons having at least 1 wave of bosses, but progressively more of them in the wave or more waves. This should make them stand out a bit more as you are guaranteed to see a lot more puking and exploding zombies.

Future plans:

For post 1.03 my plans will depend on how fast A17 is coming, I want to further investigate RWG and make improvements there (which hopefully will still work in A17) and have some ideas of some fun modes that may get added. But most likely I will focus on rounding the mod out as it is and make sure all documentation is in order as well, which I still failed to do.

I will be releasing Gnamod Version 1.03 shortly, the post above already describes some of the major changes in more detail. Considering that I do not have to much time at the moment it will again be released only on the launcher for a few days, if by then think it is stable enough I will release the 1.03 as download packages here as well (I want to package the most stable version). Then I think development of new features except world improvements will stop. I will continue evaluating balance and there could be another adjustment version in the future.

I will focus on RWG for 1.04, I have learned a few things that I want to experiment with. Nomad Mode may also receive some attention now that I know how to properly sent people to specific POIs with quests I may change how people nomad around (not with just packages, but also sending people to other places).

Highlights for 1.03

Base

- Major rebalance of heat generation, dissipation and screamer appearances (see above post).

- Major rework of buffs (see above post). New Buffs including a natural regeneration effect.

- The center of the world in Gnamod Base and Nomad Mode is now nicely flat, this means that the center city wasteland and its cities will spawn nice and in full glory.

- Fixed certain enemies getting stuck in water entirely. Some may now walk under water, but it seems some models cannot swim and stop instead. Water does not slow zombies down as badly as before, it is still effective at slowing them, but they will not slow as much.

- Water is more dangerous now, being wet cools you more and being fully submerged will cool you down as well (normally being underwater could raise your core temp to normal).

- First Aid Kits no longer have a flat healing effect, but two buffs (one is the first aid bandage effect and another that heals you 50 HP in 5 seconds).

- The Crispy Corpse zombie is now immune to all fire effects, he is already melting.

- Hide armor should now again be scrappable into leather (though not as much). Hide armor also no longer requires duct tape to make.

- Recipes to make empty the murky water jar and murky can.

- Recipe for Berry Juice no longer needs a cooking pot, just like Jucca Juice this can be made without one if you have a jar and the berries.

- The item price of quality items has changed, a 300 quality item will now be roughly equal in price as its base price (but modified by the trader), but a low level item only 0.25x. So an item with base price of 1000 will be worth 250 for the trader at 1 quality, the high end is 2.25x making it 2250 for the trader (his markup will modify the prices). This means crap items are effectively also worth crap while really good items are worth much (normally it was x2.0). This also affects Horde Mode.

Horde Mode

- Large rebalance of the stock of the traders. They now sell all their items from the secret stash, this means that it will show up as empty until you click the secret stash icon. I have seen people not noticing the secret stash, now everything is in there. The amount of items sold have changed and will grow as Vendoneer is leveled. It all being in secret stash means everyone always has access to the basic items.

- The Disposal Unit is no longer that generous when buying items, he will give half the base price of an item (and takes quality into account, see above).

- The base price of a Starter Kit was raised to 15000. Selling every item from them roughly gives back that amount of cash. But vendor markup will make it sell for more initially until you get Vendoneer high up. The packs are still mostly worth it considering the amount and possible rarity of weapons and ammo it can contain.

- Adjusted localization and the main quest to better fit the current situation where placing the beacon is no longer part of the quest. You now get the Zombie Killing for Cash quest right away and the quest screen info has been adjusted with some helpful information.

- In the Singleplayer version the beacon now appears in a smoking airdrop box (still on the same spot). People should not be able to miss this anymore unless the map spawned incorrectly (which can still happen rarely).

- The way zombies are summoned has been changed. The central green biomes will now initially (day 1) spawn a horde of zombies, but that will not return. Zombies still respawn daily in the Burned Forest and beyond. At Night the zones call a different minimal wave of zombies, so there will aways be a few zombies coming for you throughout the night.

- Heat generation of the Beacon has been altered as well, the multiplayer beacon will generate a bit more heat that will effectively call a new wave a bit faster. Heat is no longer generated in 1 large chunk, but in smaller bits. This means heavy player activity can make new waves come sooner. Yes this will make the mode harder.

- The Blood Moon horde used to be something that was a bit weaker than regular, especially at day 14 and after. Now as your game stage progresses there will be more waves that consist of the more badass zombies (Ferals and Puking zombies, as well as radiated versions later on). On the Multiplayer version they come sooner (not even accounting for the increased game stages that it already brings).

- Steel bars added to the game, you can make them by upgrading Iron Bars with steel polish.

- The Vendor can now sell Steel Blocks, Reinforced Concrete Blocks and Steel Bars at later levels of Vendoneer.

Good Luck Survivors!

Hey Haidrgna, i think there is some problem with temperature :)

In:

buff id="infection1"

<modify id="1" stat="coretemp" modifyValue="20"/>

It jumps to 190+ in few seconds!

It killed Fermi :)

It should add 20 degrees only and stop right... but at some point it starts to add by 20 degrees each second or so... till the max. Not sure, but i think it happens when you near campfire or step in a water. Somehow it mixes together with those buffs and buggs.

Also now it's getting cold bug... Fermi near fire with outside temperature 120 or so... and still cold to 0F :)

Seems like this problem disappeared together with yucca juice buff, but not sure.

Maybe it's same as above... having yucca juice buff and being near campfire make it bugged. Once one of those factors disappear, problem goes away too.

I think you should play with temperature and check, something strange is happening :)

Hey Haidrgna, i think there is some problem with temperature :)

In:

buff id="infection1"

<modify id="1" stat="coretemp" modifyValue="20"/>

It jumps to 190+ in few seconds!

It killed Fermi :)

It should add 20 degrees only and stop right... but at some point it starts to add by 20 degrees each second or so... till the max. Not sure, but i think it happens when you near campfire or step in a water. Somehow it mixes together with those buffs and buggs.

Also now it's getting cold bug... Fermi near fire with outside temperature 120 or so... and still cold to 0F :)

Seems like this problem disappeared together with yucca juice buff, but not sure.

Maybe it's same as above... having yucca juice buff and being near campfire make it bugged. Once one of those factors disappear, problem goes away too.

I think you should play with temperature and check, something strange is happening :)

I will investigate, you may be right that there is is a connection (I might have to end up using either the small additions for all buffs then). Thanks for reporting this.

Edit: Seems there is some weird multiplication logic going on with the original core temp increase buffs. Now changing to all buffs just adjusting the core temp directly, this means that every warming and cooling buff will just add an amount of warming or cooling, I will tinker a bit with the correct values to not freeze a player for drinking 1 juice etc :) Though it will do if already really cold.

I will investigate, you may be right that there is is a connection (I might have to end up using either the small additions for all buffs then). Thanks for reporting this.

Edit: Seems there is some weird multiplication logic going on with the original core temp increase buffs. Now changing to all buffs just adjusting the core temp directly, this means that every warming and cooling buff will just add an amount of warming or cooling, I will tinker a bit with the correct values to not freeze a player for drinking 1 juice etc :) Though it will do if already really cold.

There is at least 4 hours till the next Fermi stream, i hope you can do it in time.

It's too sad to see how one life challenge ends because of a bug. Even without it necropolis is hard enough :)

There is at least 4 hours till the next Fermi stream, i hope you can do it in time.

It's too sad to see how one life challenge ends because of a bug. Even without it necropolis is hard enough :)

It should be fixed by now, well it was fixed the moment I added that edit. I hope at least, I removed all those multiplying rules and now everything behaves the same, either warming or cooling. There could still be some other bug I am not aware of, lets hope not. Just as long as he updates before he starts, but I think he already does :)

It should be fixed by now, well it was fixed the moment I added that edit. I hope at least, I removed all those multiplying rules and now everything behaves the same, either warming or cooling. There could still be some other bug I am not aware of, lets hope not. Just as long as he updates before he starts, but I think he already does :)

Right now the problem is in numbers.

With coffe buff sitting near the fire it still can't beat the cold and temperature still drop and even if going up - it takes sooo long!

Campfire should warm much faster i think.

Right now the problem is in numbers.

With coffe buff sitting near the fire it still can't beat the cold and temperature still drop and even if going up - it takes sooo long!

Campfire should warm much faster i think.

Yeah it might need to, but before it went really fast (but that might have also been the bug), I can probably raise the numbers a bit on the campfire at least. One issue is when inside the rate it has now can quickly heat a player that is wearing clothes, and it will continue to build up. Out in the open when fully wet in a cold biome it likely will not heat you up, if you are lucky it may dry you enough so you eventually will heat up if its not to cold.

Edit: I have slightly raised it (50% increase compared to before, from 0.2 to 0.3 per second). This will be a fix for now that should help, but again dont expect a campfire to be to effective completely out in the open (without it seriously heating a player up when inside cooking/forging).

Yeah it might need to, but before it went really fast (but that might have also been the bug), I can probably raise the numbers a bit on the campfire at least. One issue is when inside the rate it has now can quickly heat a player that is wearing clothes, and it will continue to build up. Out in the open when fully wet in a cold biome it likely will not heat you up, if you are lucky it may dry you enough so you eventually will heat up if its not to cold.

Edit: I have slightly raised it (50% increase compared to before, from 0.2 to 0.3 per second). This will be a fix for now that should help, but again dont expect a campfire to be to effective completely out in the open (without it seriously heating a player up when inside cooking/forging).

So it still will not help if there is too cold outside? Player will sit near fire and still have hypothermia? Is there any sense in that? ))

If you stuck in such situation in necropolis - you are dead. Staying in snow biome will not be an option at all then.

The initial task of campfire is to warm you up when it's really cold (usually in snow biome), right. You warm up and then have some time to go looting etc and then return to warm up again. But if warming up will take half a day (or not working at all), there will be no point to use it. In necropolis you will die from hunger sitting by the fire. It will be a dead end ))

When you inside or on other biomes, player can simply stay away from campfire to not get overheated. One can even access to the campfire and not get warming buff. Don't see any problems.

If some players will stay by the fire in desert - it's their problems.

What is the rate of decreasing temperature... if campfire warming will have double of that rate, then it will be ok i think.

Well, i don't stay in snow anyway, so it will be not me suffering there, haha!

So it still will not help if there is too cold outside? Player will sit near fire and still have hypothermia? Is there any sense in that? ))

If you stuck in such situation in necropolis - you are dead. Staying in snow biome will not be an option at all then.

The initial task of campfire is to warm you up when it's really cold (usually in snow biome), right. You warm up and then have some time to go looting etc and then return to warm up again. But if warming up will take half a day (or not working at all), there will be no point to use it. In necropolis you will die from hunger sitting by the fire. It will be a dead end ))

When you inside or on other biomes, player can simply stay away from campfire to not get overheated. One can even access to the campfire and not get warming buff. Don't see any problems.

If some players will stay by the fire in desert - it's their problems.

What is the rate of decreasing temperature... if campfire warming will have double of that rate, then it will be ok i think.

Well, i don't stay in snow anyway, so it will be not me suffering there, haha!

The rate was enough to heat a non-wet person in a normal cold biome (even the small rate the yucca juice now has cools down in a really hot desert when not wearing anything). I will work, but sitting outside at -60 C being wet and naked, yeah well there is only so much the campfire will mean for you then. Still I will probably investigate a cascading buff when I have more time, one that either initially heats much and then lowers its rate or one that picks up if you stay at it for longer, not sure whats the better option and atm I dont have to much time to test it out. The cold biome in Necropolis is really cold for a reason, its probably the toughest one to be in in this version, especially if snow starts to cover up mines. Not building a shelter there will likely not end well. A box of a few upgraded frames and a door will already keep out most of the cold.

Anther problem... somehow temperature likes to stop at 44-45 degrees and blink.

And then you get endless freezing sound... annoying.

With other degrees it blinks few times and goes further, but exactly on 44-45 it stops.

Archived