Are You EFFING Kidding Me?!?!?!

ProfessorHemp

All this has been disccused in the forums god knows how many times1 If you want to help red the forum posting section on how to submit a bug report and do so, kicking off like ths has had the response you have seen here, you have been insulted and generally treated as a joke, 5 mins looking around would have avoided that

Hell, regular ps4 doesn't get these problems either. Doesn't even have to be the pro. And Microsoft is the entire reason these damn threads won't die. Name me ONE ps4 player thread of them bitching about losing a base since the poi reset bug got fixed, or ONE post of someone complaining about having to back up their game files on a usb drive just in case.

BUT everyone wants to come here to complain while Mircrosoft is the one who made the decision to make the xbox weaker then the ps4 marginally to save money and refused to let you back your ♥♥♥♥ up because "cheaters". They make bad decisions, and we have to listen to it, lol. Gimme a ♥♥♥♥in break.

Why Telltale games chose Iron Galaxy who has pretty much done the worst port in the history of gaming with Arkham Knight is beyond me. PC does not have most of the issues that Console users are suffering from and is far more stable so its clear the issue is with the port itself.

Just need to toss some clarification in here. That particular game was developed for the console, and the port was to the PC. It was also developed by RockSteady Studios for the console. IG did the PC port. Since console was fine, and PC sucked....

Which just further explains why IG is a bad choice. They were probably the cheapest bidder when Telltale approached development studios though. Corporations will often go with what's cheaper, not with what's best. It's also not the only title IG was working on at the time.

Hell, regular ps4 doesn't get these problems either. Doesn't even have to be the pro. And Microsoft is the entire reason these damn threads won't die. Name me ONE ps4 player thread of them bitching about losing a base since the poi reset bug got fixed, or ONE post of someone complaining about having to back up their game files on a usb drive just in case.

BUT everyone wants to come here to complain while Mircrosoft is the one who made the decision to make the xbox weaker then the ps4 marginally to save money and refused to let you back your ♥♥♥♥ up because "cheaters". They make bad decisions, and we have to listen to it, lol. Gimme a ♥♥♥♥in break.

It's not that black and white.

First of all xbox isn't that much weaker. Secondly it's the first console in history that hasn't been hacked. Ever play GTA on a ps4 or on pc? Give it a try, your account will be destroyed by modders, I know because I made my own mod menu and have been in the modding scene for over 8 years.

Xbox is the only place you can play games KNOWING there is not one cheater in the game.

Another point to look at is the fact that this game was tested and released on xbox knowing it's slightly underpowered compared to the ps4. If that slight disadvantage made that much of a difference it should have never been released on xbox to begin with.

I see plenty of ps4 people complaining about resets but those are only the people who do not know how to back up their saves. The rest have no reason to complain as they just restore their save and move on.

If the game can't be fixed on xbox then the devs need to tell us and we will explore other options. At that point people will be left with the option to buy a console that isn't secure and keeps getting hacked or one that's slightly underpowered but completely secure.

"We have to listen to it" because they wanted our money too. They released it on xbox and it doesn't work. The main MD5 issue is super easy to reproduce and I will display that with video evidence very soon. I'm working on a collection of videos where I reproduce this MD5 several times over and if I can do it so can the devs. It doesn't take much effort at all.

If there was a patch that reverted back to before patch 2 on xbox I would jump on it in a heartbeat because the game worked back then.

The problems were easy to single out but now at patch 10 not so much. The multiplayer issue is in patch 2 and the MD5 are most likely as well as I never had it before then.

If an AAA made this game it would be junk. Just being honest look at the games AAA are junk these days. This small team The Fun Pumps are doing a great job for a really small group of people and I mean really small. They are still in Alpha and the game is still getting better and better. Yes it would probably be a finished game by now if an AAA company made it but it wouldn't be what it is now. They would of went a totally different direction with it.

As far as they got our money and don't care is false as well. TT and IG with the fun pimps help are bringing bug fix after bug fix and still bringing more content from the pc over. So if this was true they wouldn't spend the money that takes to do this. Plus they wouldn't be in business very long either if they just got the money and ran. Also to add to this again it is still in Alpha meaning it is not a finished game on pc even if TT and IG seen that they had enough content to make a game for console version. So if it isn't finished and is still in the making how can it be rushed?

If a triple AAA studio had it, it wouldn't have been made. This game requires to much processing power, narroowing the potiential gamer base too far for a AAA company to want to touch it. And it certainly would not have made it to consoles.

Just need to toss some clarification in here. That particular game was developed for the console, and the port was to the PC. It was also developed by RockSteady Studios for the console. IG did the PC port. Since console was fine, and PC sucked....

Which just further explains why IG is a bad choice. They were probably the cheapest bidder when Telltale approached development studios though. Corporations will often go with what's cheaper, not with what's best. It's also not the only title IG was working on at the time.

I agree. IG was likely a cost saving tactic.

All this has been disccused in the forums god knows how many times1 If you want to help red the forum posting section on how to submit a bug report and do so, kicking off like ths has had the response you have seen here, you have been insulted and generally treated as a joke, 5 mins looking around would have avoided that

These types of posts.make it clear that these people don't want to help. The are frustrated, and rightly so. This game takes along time for players to become established enough to build a base, unless you play in creative. Not to mention the amount of time it takes to build the base once you've hit the level required to make the best materials for it.

Losing all that work due to a known bug can be frustrating, having it happen again and again, cam be infuriating I'm sure. I can sympathize with the original poster's anger. Would I come here to the forums where fans of the game hang out? Likely not. I would have left my bad review where I picked the game up, and moved on to a different title.

Insulting him because he had a bad experience isn't going to fix things either. If he's already angry making fun if him isn't going to change his out look on the game, it will only expand is disdain for this game to the community that likes it. All because he has to take extra steps to ensure his game is backed up so as not to lose progress, which I am sure he has not had to do for many other games he's played.

"Corporations will often go with what's cheaper, not with what's best."

A flawed way of thinking for sure. I would have my whole friends list buying this game if it worked. With all their think tanks and strategies they still haven't figured out that quality sells. One would think they learned from R* Games who broke all records and earned billions within the first month with a polished product.

It's not that black and white.

First of all xbox isn't that much weaker. Secondly it's the first console in history that hasn't been hacked. Ever play GTA on a ps4 or on pc? Give it a try, your account will be destroyed by modders, I know because I made my own mod menu and have been in the modding scene for over 8 years.

Xbox is the only place you can play games KNOWING there is not one cheater in the game.

Another point to look at is the fact that this game was tested and released on xbox knowing it's slightly underpowered compared to the ps4. If that slight disadvantage made that much of a difference it should have never been released on xbox to begin with.

I see plenty of ps4 people complaining about resets but those are only the people who do not know how to back up their saves. The rest have no reason to complain as they just restore their save and move on.

If the game can't be fixed on xbox then the devs need to tell us and we will explore other options. At that point people will be left with the option to buy a console that isn't secure and keeps getting hacked or one that's slightly underpowered but completely secure.

"We have to listen to it" because they wanted our money too. They released it on xbox and it doesn't work. The main MD5 issue is super easy to reproduce and I will display that with video evidence very soon. I'm working on a collection of videos where I reproduce this MD5 several times over and if I can do it so can the devs. It doesn't take much effort at all.

If there was a patch that reverted back to before patch 2 on xbox I would jump on it in a heartbeat because the game worked back then.

The problems were easy to single out but now at patch 10 not so much. The multiplayer issue is in patch 2 and the MD5 are most likely as well as I never had it before then.

That's why I said marginally weaker. That means just the slightest bit weaker.

The problem actually existed in the game before it was ever considered for consoles. I know because I've actually done ALL of the research possible. I even made a massive bug report and gen discussion report on it.

The console limitations match exactly what the PC matched. Weak hardware causing the saving issues. Every case of it on PC was people who's PC's were so weak and couldn't handle playing the game. No one wants to hear that, but Sylenthunder can confirm this because he responded to the bug reports of this occasionally.

When you limit the saving abilities of a console, then you risk permanent losses. Plain and simple.

Last but least, I live in the bug reports. If people are getting them on PS4, 1 of 2 things are happening. First is they aren't bothering to report it. Second, they are the people who think a bug report should only be "I was on day 63 and crashed and when I log back in and half my base is gone." And this is the only thing they say. No details, no console info, not even a response beyond that. That's not a bug report, that's a statement and a complaint rolled into one.

When you combine all that, it is black and white. Failing to know what you are buying is your fault. Be it a game, a console, any purchase you make.

Buyer beware.

When you limit the saving abilities of a console, then you risk permanent losses. Plain and simple.

Which is why it makes sense to add a manual save feature to the game on consoles, at least on local games for which there is no excuse not to.

Buyer beware indeed and like with Microsoft the time will come when that cheated money runs out and the company comes out with a new product or console expecting us to once again fall for a faulty product, like with Microsoft I will then tell them to go to hell.

I hope other players are smart enough to do the same.

Edit: You conveniently avoided the fact that none of this happened before patch 2. It's not only a hardware issue and someone who has done ALL the research should know that fun fact.

"Corporations will often go with what's cheaper, not with what's best."

A flawed way of thinking for sure. I would have my whole friends list buying this game if it worked. With all their think tanks and strategies they still haven't figured out that quality sells. One would think they learned from R* Games who broke all records and earned billions within the first month with a polished product.

Rockstar is established. And GTA online was not polishes at release. In fact, it took months after the release of GTA V for GTA online to release and even longer for the promised heists. You cannot compare this development with a company that can make billions selling a game based on the title alone.

Rock star has the funds and the man power to polish a game faster than an indie company.

Rockstar is established. And GTA online was not polishes at release. In fact, it took months after the release of GTA V for GTA online to release and even longer for the promised heists. You cannot compare this development with a company that can make billions selling a game based on the title alone.

Rock star has the funds and the man power to polish a game faster than an indie company.

Even with all that power they never release before the product is finished which is why RDR is delayed until 2018.

GTA online is a separate product and heists are a dlc.

GTA V wasn't the first polished product, it was the result of many years of good business practice. They are the perfect example every game developer should be following.

Edit: They didn't get "established" selling a faulty product.

Also GTA Online released on the 1st of November 2013, ONE month after launch and this was made public a week or two before initial release.

Before all the fan boys gang up on me I'm on your side as a fan boy myself. I could even say this is my favorite game but xbox users got shafted, plain and simple.

I don't even care about content and you have NEVER seen me ask for any. I simply want to enjoy the game I love and purchased like the rest of you.

Best part about threads like this....

OP hasn't even logged into the forum since dropping his wad.

Also, if the discussion continues much further southward, it's going to get closed.

I'm good, I said my part. Like I mentioned many times before I love this game and the better it gets the more pissed I get that I can't play.

Has nothing to do with the op what so ever. His response is a normal response for players just jumping in on this game on xbox.

A manual save feature for local games at least would solve a lot of peoples issues.

i also don't build in pre fabs any more. that was right after they added the new poi's. i even said i knew it could happen. never have 1 base. always keep stuff split up. so if you loose a base you don't loose everything. this is also a good ideal incase a cop zombie destroys your base. whice ive had them go off in my house after melting my walls

Archived