Are You EFFING Kidding Me?!?!?!

ProfessorHemp

Which is why it makes sense to add a manual save feature to the game on consoles, at least on local games for which there is no excuse not to.

Buyer beware indeed and like with Microsoft the time will come when that cheated money runs out and the company comes out with a new product or console expecting us to once again fall for a faulty product, like with Microsoft I will then tell them to go to hell.

I hope other players are smart enough to do the same.

Edit: You conveniently avoided the fact that none of this happened before patch 2. It's not only a hardware issue and someone who has done ALL the research should know that fun fact.

Sorry I'm posting this so late, I was at a cookout. But I did say this was happening before console ever was considered, which means it did in fact happen before patch 2.

Patch 2 just happened to be when people found the forums and started complaining about the issue. Patch 2 was in August I believe and this released in late June early July. So there is a gap from noone on the console forums to a massive influx. So I guarantee it was happening from the start but only became a noticeable issue once people found their way here to complain about it. And their complaints are definitely legit.

Sorry I'm posting this so late, I was at a cookout. But I did say this was happening before console ever was considered, which means it did in fact happen before patch 2.

Patch 2 just happened to be when people found the forums and started complaining about the issue. Patch 2 was in August I believe and this released in late June early July. So there is a gap from noone on the console forums to a massive influx. So I guarantee it was happening from the start but only became a noticeable issue once people found their way here to complain about it. And their complaints are definitely legit.

It didn't happen from the start. When this game came out on console I got it on day one and even purchased it for my gf and two friends. We played religiously and while we had a crash or two and sometimes no horde if that crash happened on horde night, we never had a reset.

Now...I can't connect to anyone at all and when I play alone I lose everything before day 30. I once made it to day 50 or so.

I can't play the game at all. I watch G4K, Kage, Skippy and Znation every day to get my fix.

I would simply like to play the game I purchased.

You're going to run into this with console players a lot more than PC players. Releasing anything other than a complete and finished product on consoles has never really happened (other than the odd failed buggy launch BF comes to mind...). This game also is not anywhere stated to be "alpha", "beta", or an unfinished stage in the advertising, marketing, and description of the game.

You should not market something as a completed product and then not expect customers to get upset when they find out otherwise. It's also unfair to expect a customer to spend that much time researching a product as simple as a video game just to find out whether it's a "finished" product.

Any console player who is unhappy with the state of the game has ample reason to be upset. They were not in any way, shape, or form, informed by any of the information provided by the company that this game is not yet complete.

This isn't the PC gaming world where "early access" and such are commonplace. Telling customers to "boohoo elsewhere" isn't going to help anything either. It's simply going to make them resentful against the dev company and may very well ensure they never buy another product from them again. Just ask me in regards to why I refuse to buy another Ubisoft game after the steaming PoS "For Honor".

I don't agree with the OP's "assessment" of the game, but I can totally understand where they're coming from. This game is not marketed, sold as, or contain ANY kind of disclaimer about being in an alpha state when it comes to being sold on the console.

I'd love to know how you propose to sue a company for a beta release that you chose to play...they didn't exactly put a gun to your head.

Why not take that wife of yours outside into the real world and make videos of real things that don't annoy you so much :)

These types of posts.make it clear that these people don't want to help. The are frustrated, and rightly so. This game takes along time for players to become established enough to build a base, unless you play in creative. Not to mention the amount of time it takes to build the base once you've hit the level required to make the best materials for it.

Losing all that work due to a known bug can be frustrating, having it happen again and again, cam be infuriating I'm sure. I can sympathize with the original poster's anger. Would I come here to the forums where fans of the game hang out? Likely not. I would have left my bad review where I picked the game up, and moved on to a different title.

Insulting him because he had a bad experience isn't going to fix things either. If he's already angry making fun if him isn't going to change his out look on the game, it will only expand is disdain for this game to the community that likes it. All because he has to take extra steps to ensure his game is backed up so as not to lose progress, which I am sure he has not had to do for many other games he's played.

Well said dude!!! You nailed it. I have nothing to add, just wanna keep your comment alive!

I'd love to know how you propose to sue a company for a beta release that you chose to play...they didn't exactly put a gun to your head.

Why not take that wife of yours outside into the real world and make videos of real things that don't annoy you so much :)

wow...

Here's another idea. Why don't you keep your sarcastic snark to yourself and let the adults continue having an adult conversation instead ;)

Again, nowhere in ANY of the information reasonably supplied lets console owners know that this is not a finished product. If you advertise and retail your product as a complete finished product, don't be surprised when people complain that it isn't finished.

wow...

Here's another idea. Why don't you keep your sarcastic snark to yourself and let the adults continue having an adult conversation instead ;)

Again, nowhere in ANY of the information reasonably supplied lets console owners know that this is not a finished product. If you advertise and retail your product as a complete finished product, don't be surprised when people complain that it isn't finished.

I have a feeling they had to do that to get it on consoles. I could be wrong, but I prefer that over the other.

Here's the real question, would you rather the patches be free or to pay for them as dlc? They chose to make the console version a finished product based on 14.7 or whatever the version was. It was alpha 14. TFP and Telltale decided it was good enough to ship as a complete game which it kind of was. They have also said they are going to keep adding to the game and hopefully once the PC version goes gold, they will have console caught up to it with patched additions. Caught up to at least whatever the consoles could handle.

I know reading old stuff is hard, but this argument comes up so often it stays on the front page in one post or another.

You want proof of what the official word is? Just look up in the sticky posts. Don't like what you see? Pm the devs.

Arguing about it with other forum members who have no control on what information is given or what we should and shouldn't have is screaming into the dark hoping some higher power will grant your wish. Not gonna happen. Devs tend to avoid these posts because they are not constructive and a waste of time.

I have a feeling they had to do that to get it on consoles. I could be wrong, but I prefer that over the other.

Me as well, but you have to keep in mind that any kind of unfinished "early access" style game like this on consoles is somewhat of a new concept. PC gamers are used to that and being part of beta (and over the past 5 years or so alpha tests) and what that really means as far as bugs, reporting, helping devs fix them, etc.

Console gamers haven't had that experience yet. Some of the backlash I see I can understand due to this and due to the state of the game being poorly explained for console players. From a console player's PoV, they bought a full release game off the walmrt shelf for their playstation, not an alpha early access unfinished product and that's where I see a lot of the ire coming from.

MS, Sony, and devs are going to have to sit down and figure out how to market, explain, educate, and otherwise inform console players of what to expect when they purchase a game like this in these stages. I can't fault someone for picking up a game off the retail store shelf and then being upset when they discover it's an unfinished product with plenty of frustrating glitches.

I personally am loving the game thus far, but I've also spent 30+ years as a gamer on consoles and PC so I knew what to expect because I did my homework and researched a bit. If Joe Derp walks into walmart looking for a zombie video game for Derp Junior and picks this game up, I can easily see where they would have some angry words about the unfinished nature.

It's more of a poor communication and explanation error than anything.

Granted I pretty much disagree with 90% of the the OP said, it was one of the best rant post ever, I could picture him with fire coming out of his ears, lava pouring from his nose and acid dripping from his eyes and he pounded each and ever key stroke. :smile-new:

Here's the real question, would you rather the patches be free or to pay for them as dlc? They chose to make the console version a finished product based on 14.7 or whatever the version was. It was alpha 14. TFP and Telltale decided it was good enough to ship as a complete game which it kind of was. They have also said they are going to keep adding to the game and hopefully once the PC version goes gold, they will have console caught up to it with patched additions. Caught up to at least whatever the consoles could handle.

I know reading old stuff is hard, but this argument comes up so often it stays on the front page in one post or another.

You want proof of what the official word is? Just look up in the sticky posts. Don't like what you see? Pm the devs.

Arguing about it with other forum members who have no control on what information is given or what we should and shouldn't have is screaming into the dark hoping some higher power will grant your wish. Not gonna happen. Devs tend to avoid these posts because they are not constructive and a waste of time.

I don't feel that I've been anything but constructive honestly. There IS a bit of an issue when it comes to the console version of this game and how it's marketed and explained to customers. PC gamers are a lot savvier and more experienced when it comes to playing games in various unfinished states. It's still in its infancy stages in regards to consoles. Devs AND the companies selling it in their digital stores (PSN and XB Live Store). Nowhere in ANY of the information and descriptions of the product does it state that it is in an unfinished state.

Again, I am enjoying the hell out of the game thus far, but I can see where many of those console complaints are coming from. What really persuaded me to buy this game was doing my own research. I avoided it for several weeks because of the harsh reviews, but decided to come here to the forums, read up on the information, and once I knew it was a ported alpha I understood what that meant and could accept the glitches and bugs because I felt the devs were constantly working to improving that.

I don't feel that I've been anything but constructive honestly. There IS a bit of an issue when it comes to the console version of this game and how it's marketed and explained to customers. PC gamers are a lot savvier and more experienced when it comes to playing games in various unfinished states. It's still in its infancy stages in regards to consoles. Devs AND the companies selling it in their digital stores (PSN and XB Live Store). Nowhere in ANY of the information and descriptions of the product does it state that it is in an unfinished state

They are not going to say it is unfinished because as it has been said it is a finished game on console. Console is not in alpha. TT seen a finished game in alpha14. They reached out to TFP and agreed to whatever it was they agreed to. So TFP let TT make the game on console. TT has said console is a finished game.

Now with that said console will get some free DLC and those will be things the console can handle from later alpha from the pc version. I don't think it explains it just like that but to sum it up that is pretty much how it is. So technology console is a finished product. So technology it does not have to say anywhere it is in alpha or a unfinished product. Now some will argue that because the pc is still in alpha that the console can't be finished. But they know it was hard enough to make this game work on console as it was. So it is no guarantee that any new alpha will work on console so that is why they will add what they can as free DLC and if they can't well technology anything extra is a bonus.

Please stop using the "game is finished" excuse. This is a lie, the game is not finished and we all know it.

This line was used to cover their butts legally but couldn't be further from the truth.

On XBOX the game crashes once per hour..fact. It has no proper save function and multiplayer for many players including myself does not work at all. I don't want to hear "your internet" because between pc, xbox 360 and xbox one I have NEVER owned a game that didn't let me online with my 100 mbs line.

The only reason I continue to push the issue is because I am a fan of the game. Others like the op will "drop his wad", uninstall the game and never think about it again.

These two issues are game breaking and they should be top priority for this console version.

They are not going to say it is unfinished because as it has been said it is a finished game on console. .

no sir, it is not. It is not a finished game on any platform. It quite simply is not and no amount of personal enjoyment garnered by someone from the game changes that. No matter how good someone feels this game is, it is nowhere near a finished title. It has game breaking bugs and glitches. These things don't bother me personally because the game is fun enough to offset those issues, but that does not change that fact that they exist in the game because it is not finished.

What the consoles are getting isn't DLC, it is features that would have been implemented before going to retail if it hadn't been launched prior to completion. There's a big difference there. DLC isn't basic game functions and bug fixes. DLC is new content that expands upon the base game.

Adding in lighting effects, fixing MD5 errors, etc. is not DLC and if you try to market it as such, especially on consoles, you're going to have a LOT of pissed off customers.

If they want to avoid that, or at least mitigate it, they will need to come up with a way to have this explained in the product description for consoles if nothing else. When a PC player jumps on Steam and checks out "early acess" games, they know what that means, what to expect, and the general stage of development the game is currently in. This is not what console gamers are informed of when they purchase the same game. The fault lies with Sony just as much as Pimps in this regard. Sony has to do a better job of categorizing and explaining the difference between a game like 7 Days that isn't yet completed and a typical console game.

You would rather have potential customers wait and buy later as opposed to buy now under uninformed pretenses and get pissed only to avoid the game and company going forward.

I don't know else to tell you. it is not an excuse but it is true. They released to console as a finished game. They even said this. Not me not anyone else they said it. So if you can't get that then nothing anyone can say will make no difference. Yes pc is in alpha but TT seen a finished game in pc version alpha14. Anything we get as far as content is a dlc to console. The console is not guaranteed anything more. So again if you can't understand that then I don't know what to tell you.

What is Xbox is going through has nothing to do with it being a finished game. Those are bugs that need to be worked out. Adding more content has nothing to do with that. So yes it is a finished game if you like it or not. It does not matter if they are covering their butts or not. They made it clear that it is a finished product. They don't have to add nothing more to the game if they do not want to. But fixing what is currently in game is a must. So get tired of hearing it all you want but it is the truth. No matter if it covers them or not.

Let's put it this way. When they release alpha17 on pc and any alpha after that none of those might not work at all on console. It was no guarantee that alpha15 or any of the stuff from alpha16 would work. So this is why they said it is a finished product because you are not going to get everything from pc past pc version of alpha14. I don't know how else to explain this and I have been as calm as I can. In all honesty I wish they close this thread because like the mod said it is getting off topic and the op hasn't been back on.

The thing is when this game was released Sony had a strict no alpha games for their systems. They may still I don't know or care really if they do or not.

Add to that TFP have said they aren't going to add the fact it's an alpha game to the description. Ever.

I'm not excusing them in anyway, just giving you the facts that have been posted time and again over the last year.

Regardless of what it is, they are selling it as a completed product and they are sticking to that story.

So where do we go from there?

I'm not being a smart ass, I just figured someone has a plan for when they get the refusal from TFP, IG, and TTG on what the next step is in this fight. If not, then why is this still being discussed a year later.

Either escalate the fight legally or drop it seems to be the only options to me. And I enjoy this game too much to care whether it's finished or not, so I'm not going to fight them on it. But I'm curious to see if anyone is actually going to do it or just make a lot more of these posts.

Just to add another thing in here.

I can't name one game that does not have bugs or glitches. So what you are saying none of those games are a finished product either. This thread is so right turn and left turn. Like I said above bugs and glitches have nothing to do with a finished product. If it does then no game I can think of is a finished product. As far as I know they have been and are still working on bugs and glitches. I do believe we got 9 updates for bugs and glitches. Have they worked them all out no. But they are still working on them.

Also want to point out the fun pimps worked out a deal with TT so TT is over console so can't blame TFP anyway as they are not releasing to console beside files they share to TT. Then TT has gotten IG for whatever reason to help code them to console.

Like I stated previously, in pretty sure they said is a finished game just to get it to consoles. A white lie as it were. The normal updates pc gets are "free dlc" for consoles.

Fact is fact, but there's a guy behind the curtain over there in the corner. Just saying...

The thing is when this game was released Sony had a strict no alpha games for their systems. They may still I don't know or care really if they do or not.

Add to that TFP have said they aren't going to add the fact it's an alpha game to the description. Ever.

I'm not excusing them in anyway, just giving you the facts that have been posted time and again over the last year.

Regardless of what it is, they are selling it as a completed product and they are sticking to that story.

I'm not being a smart ass, I just figured someone has a plan for when they get the refusal from TFP, IG, and TTG on what the next step is in this fight. If not, then why is this still being discussed a year later.

Either escalate the fight legally or drop it seems to be the only options to me. And I enjoy this game too much to care whether it's finished or not, so I'm not going to fight them on it. But I'm curious to see if anyone is actually going to do it or just make a lot more of these posts.

I personally am stuck with dropping it as I'm already addicted to the game.

Look at the reviews online..is this what you want the game to be? This game could be doing so much better, it's just sad imo.

You are correct though, no point in beating a dead horse. I personally don't play more than 15-20 minutes a day due to those issues and I'm a hardcore fan. I can't in good conscience tell anyone to buy this game with those two issues at large. I personally could easily get at least 50 more sales from my friends list alone would these issues get fixed.

I just want to see this game explode and do well, if the devs are short on sales and want to expand their customers base the need to get on these issues asap.

I'm not sure what you mean by "escalate the fight". There's no fight that I can see. There's simply miscommunication, lack of information, and unhappy customers that could easily be remedied. I've also said ( a few times now) that the fault doesn't lie entirely with the devs. It's also an issue with Sony and their policies, but the ones that are going to take the hits in regards to reviews, press, etc. are going to be the devs, not Sony unfortunately.

I don't know what the solution is, I'm simply stating that some of the people in this thread are trying to act like and represent that console players were stupid if they didn't know the state of the game and being unfinished and acting like they have some sort of entitlement issue because they're unhappy with that. I'm pointing out that, in my opinion, they have a right to be unhappy with the way it's presented and marketed on consoles because it's not represented as unfinished. I can see both sides of it, but ignoring opposing opinions and simply telling them to "boo hoo elsewhere" helps nobody and does nothing but help damage the company's reputation with console gamers and run customers off to another game instead.

There's a difference between being a ranting troll and being pissed because you purchased what you thought was a typical finished console game and instead got the equivalent of an early access PC game. In order to help mitigate that issue and improve customer perceptions, the company really should add in some kind of disclaimer in the marketing and packaging. At least then the defense of "you should have read the label" is viable.

Well there is the fact the game is half or less depending on where and when you buy it than most other games, so like watching a 1 star movie on Netflix you should come into it with low expectations.

Then if you are pleasantly surprised, you have to take the flaws with it and deal because you knew you got it on the cheap side.

Well there is the fact the game is half or less depending on where and when you buy it than most other games, so like watching a 1 star movie on Netflix you should come into it with low expectations.

Then if you are pleasantly surprised, you have to take the flaws with it and deal because you knew you got it on the cheap side.

There's a difference though. If I buy a movie and it is missing scenes or has unfinished FX, or unfinished music score, or etc. etc. etc. yet it was advertised as a complete movie, I'm probably going to feel a bit unhappy.

The price of the game is not a defense in my opinion. I can get free games. I can get games for under $5 all across steam. I'm simply pointing out that of all the rantings, flailing, and trolling I've seen regarding the game, the console players who are unhappy with the unfinished state have a legitimate complaint and it really is something that needs to be addressed by the devs, publishers, and MS & Sony as the retailers when it comes to their respective console stores.

it's something that is hindering the popularity of this game in my opinion. There's a really fun game here with one of the deepest and most intricate crafting systems I've seen in a long time. The ire and bad reviews are really hurting its ability to expand the playerbase right now because of this specific situation more than anything else based on what I've seen and read in the reviews, blogs, reddit, the forums, and even professional reviews.

A few things were and are taken for granted when it comes to the console players. The main one being knowledge and understanding of unfinished game states and early access. They aren't used to that kind of product. You can look no further than Ark to see that same situation. They have been getting slammed because of nearly the same exact situation.

Archived