[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Really enjoyed my time on the server - love the pack, keep up the good work.

@Flanders let me know if you find a server!

Adios for now.

Hey

Yea, please do the same. I am having difficulties finding a server. Tried connecting to one but it says i ned to have EAC enabled. When i enable it in the launcher the game wont start.

Hey

Yea, please do the same. I am having difficulties finding a server. Tried connecting to one but it says i ned to have EAC enabled. When i enable it in the launcher the game wont start.

You need to have EAC disabled to run a game modded in the way SDX or DLL mods are. If the server you are trying to connect to wants EAC, then it is NOT a True Survival server. Your TS installation is NOT compatible with the vanilla game, Valmod servers, Starvation servers, etc, etc, etc.

You need to have EAC disabled to run a game modded in the way SDX or DLL mods are. If the server you are trying to connect to wants EAC, then it is NOT a True Survival server. Your TS installation is NOT compatible with the vanilla game, Valmod servers, Starvation servers, etc, etc, etc.

Thank you for explaining Jeoshua.

Regards,

Flanders

That's kind of cool. I don't know how its happening, it shouldn't be able to do that but I kind of like it. Everyone is always saying how it breaks immersion to let a table do all your work while your away. If I can figure out how to replicate the bug maybe we could add it and balance it into other workstations. By this I mean lower craft timers by a lot but require you are doing the work standing there. So to make Planks on the Wood Working Bench you would have to stand there but they would take about 1/3 the time it takes now. So workstations wouldn't be for off putting work but for doing more advanced items and doing normal things super quick but you would have to stand there? Thoughts?

I'm ok with a few things requiring your presence in the workbenches... like crafting a dozen wrenches or something similar. However, something that realistically would need a minimal amount of interaction, like cooking gas, spinning asphalt, or something of that nature, where your constant attention would not be required... not so much.

Making frames, on the other hand? There are too many inconsistencies right now, in my opinion, that might want to be addressed first, before chaining us to a work bench just to make them. For example, I can make 300 cobblestone frames WHILE being chased by a horde in the middle of a lake, but I have to park at a workbench to make a cobblestone wedge frame? I need 10 nails to make a wood frame (totally realistic, love it!) but I hit it with a hammer six to ten times and without any additional nails, glue, or nuts and bolts, I've just upgraded it to two layers of scrap metal.

In short, please don't require continued presence at the workbench for the crafting to be maintained for the sake of realism. I've read all of the prior posts about trying to maintain realism in a fantasy game (nerd-poleing, anyone?) but seriously, unless the crafting speed would have a 10x boost, my thoughts are that some people might just put the game away if you have to constantly watch a candle burn to get your building supplies.

Having workstations require your attention would really be limited to what it is youre making as stated previously, like making gun parts, that should require your attention, but as stated by the last guy, Requiring a workbench just for wedges, kind of annoying, I like the idea of having tools in your backpack that does the same for these, but in the end you run the risk of overcrowding the crafting list in your backpack (Lots of crafting items = lots of lag, even on the strongest machines, valmod had this problem)

I'm ok with a few things requiring your presence in the workbenches... like crafting a dozen wrenches or something similar. However, something that realistically would need a minimal amount of interaction, like cooking gas, spinning asphalt, or something of that nature, where your constant attention would not be required... not so much.

Making frames, on the other hand? There are too many inconsistencies right now, in my opinion, that might want to be addressed first, before chaining us to a work bench just to make them. For example, I can make 300 cobblestone frames WHILE being chased by a horde in the middle of a lake, but I have to park at a workbench to make a cobblestone wedge frame? I need 10 nails to make a wood frame (totally realistic, love it!) but I hit it with a hammer six to ten times and without any additional nails, glue, or nuts and bolts, I've just upgraded it to two layers of scrap metal.

In short, please don't require continued presence at the workbench for the crafting to be maintained for the sake of realism. I've read all of the prior posts about trying to maintain realism in a fantasy game (nerd-poleing, anyone?) but seriously, unless the crafting speed would have a 10x boost, my thoughts are that some people might just put the game away if you have to constantly watch a candle burn to get your building supplies.

Yes there are far too many inconsistencies scattered throughout the game for it to be earmarked as anything close to 'real' it therefore falls to the category of 'game' which relies upon gameplay mechanics for it to become engaging as such. And whilst standing at a workbench for 10 minutes while an order is completed may provide the reward part of 'gameplay' upon its completion, it is not actually engaging in any form whatsoever.

If you guys dont know, jaxteller runs a server that you can start up with the launcher as well, dona true survival sdx pve. You just have to message him on steam for the passcode. Dont really know of any other servers that stay true to ts, no pun intended.

Haha thanks brother. Yes we are a MOSTLY Vanilla TS server that is white listed. I did not want to advertise in Spiders thread. The ONLY changes we have made to the TS experience is lowering the respawn days on loot and air drops (mainly because we are strictly a PVE server so we have less of a need to fight for the resources) and we are building a community town that requires level 25 to access. There is also a safe zone are for first time players that is ONLY open at night and access to it ends at level 15. The reason for this is we found we had a LOT of first time Hardcore server players who were very unfamiliar with a lot of what TS had to offer so we didnt want to scare away any new customers lol. It has worked out VERY well as we have converted a LOT of Valmod and Vanilla players to absolutely LOVE True Survival in this way.

Other than that Admins are always present or just a message away. We have a fairly active community (can be up to 10 on at a time depending on time of day, usually at least 2-3 on at all times)

We are using a direct copy of Spiders True Survival but it is listed under OUR Server Group in the Launcher. Reason for this is if the guys make an update while I am working or not around the server and your copy will ALWAYS work. When I update the server I simultaneously update the client files in the Launcher so you NEVER get locked out of the server. We also usually wait 2-3 days after an update to ensure bugs are ironed out and we dont have to keep updating things on the community. We do not plan on wiping for a long while so give us a shot if it seems like it is up your alley.

Here is our thread https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?61122-DONA-True-Survival-SDX-PVE-Server-*Active-Admins*-*Botman*-*WhiteList*

Applicatons May take anywhere from Immediate to 24 hours to process.

I tried to refrain from posting it here, thanks darkstar :)

PS - The safezone was hotly debated and while it is not my style of play it was kept because it allowed a nice transition for those new to the experience.

Another small thing to note, "Nice" fishing pole, has no model, its the standard cloth model, and just... doesnt work, at all. Its okay, the crafted fishing pole is plenty good, can make do with it, annnd the rafts that you can make (All related to the same mod i'm assuming) ARE WACKY, you jump on them and they spawn infinite versions of themselves that continue to fall. That just being a visual effect, might cause some lag, Not gameplay affecting just, jarring.

2 questions.

I usually restart when i hit level 25 but I've decided to go to 30.

1) What skill do I need to craft master power lines?

2) What skills/activities do I need to do/train to get engineering up?

Thanks.

1. Large Generator.

2. Use screwdriver on cars/for upgrading, Boil water, do things related to drinks and electronics.

We agree with this, crafting time will be lowered in workstations that require you to be in them for realism sake. Best of both worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

(Lots of crafting items = lots of lag, even on the strongest machines, valmod had this problem)

Jeo's DLL used in this mod mostly eliminates the lag caused by having lots of recipes (Like in Valmod). This should not be an isue even if we tripled the number of recipes in this mod (which we will do)

Hey Xyth, Whats your opinion on an electric forge/blast furnace, think that'd be too difficult to do what with how forge coding works?

We have a blast furnace. Making it require electricity would be easy, and that will probably happen once A16 drops.

Well yeah, i'm just thinking more of when a16 comes out, moving over from Using coal to power everything, to electricity, More an an end game thing that you have to WORK For, BUT, it lets you build up battery banks so youre not affecting the heat map except when you can deal with it, IE: run generator during day, deal with screamers, run forges etc at night without pissing off additional screamers.

Well yeah, i'm just thinking more of when a16 comes out, moving over from Using coal to power everything, to electricity, More an an end game thing that you have to WORK For, BUT, it lets you build up battery banks so youre not affecting the heat map except when you can deal with it, IE: run generator during day, deal with screamers, run forges etc at night without pissing off additional screamers.

Yeah, induction furnace would be a nice addition for endgame, something that removes a large portion of the pain from using forges, eg: time/materials.

The introduction of solar panels in a16 could make this a really interesting area to scavenge for and setup.

p.s. kudos to whoever came up with the antlers idea, the ability to carve them up for a small xp gain in hunting is a really nice idea !

Its more than just the antlers, its most things you get from animals, croc teeth fish heads antlers pig tails lots of fun things, (Hunting is NOT fun to level up lol)

1. Large Generator.

What I'm trying to do is craft power lines to hook up a generator to the metal work bench. I don't see why I need a large generator to make powerlines?

To make powerlines I need a power line master which is a skill but there is no indication of what skill unlocks it.

Anyone have an issue with missing profession kits to start? We just installed True Survival on our server and one of our players started the game with no kit, there was a bladder flask and stir fry in the toolbelt slots where the STart Here item and the Key were for the rest of us.

A large generator requires me to be level 75.

I find it hard to believe that I have to be level 75 to make powelines to use on a workbench that I unlock at level 25.

Theyre fairly common loot, and come in packages of like 50 at a time (But yes, it probably should unlock with the crafted generator)

I have 500 hours in this mod and I've never seen one.

This still doesn't seem right. I can see that power line master can be crafted with the wooden workbench but you're saying that it requires me to find or craft a large generater to unlock the abilitty to craft power line master with the wooden work bench?

If true its so ridiculous to me I'm having a hard time believing it.

Archived