[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

I was having a great game until I was brought down by the deadly null reference exception error. Died 4 times while being attacked by deer, pigs, spiders. The error pops up and I get killed. Is there anyway to avoid or fix this error? I can't get NPC allies to follow anymore or butcher an animal without getting the error.

Yep, I've died twice now to this error. Oddly enough, my wife doesn't have the error and can kill deer/pigs and get hunter tokens just fine.

Hello

This is a question/request for Spider and others in the team. Any chance you could consider changing the server setting(spiders server) so that claimblocks do not loose their protection after 7 days? Please make it infinate if possible, i think its on linear now, not sure what that means but guessing protection is lessened by 1/7 each day owner is offline. Considering that a owner only has 4x the block protection, it could at least be active even if i do not log on for 7 days. That and perhaps up the protection number? If we are going to invest alot of time and resources in building bases that can withstand hords it would be nice to be able to protect it somewhat against other players, and definatly not risk loosing it all when offline for a good while. If i am offline for 2 weeks a "raider" has ample time to take base anyways but he at least need to put in a effort.

Well, just a thought

Regards,

Flanders

Yep, I've died twice now to this error. Oddly enough, my wife doesn't have the error and can kill deer/pigs and get hunter tokens just fine.

Trying to track this down now. I'm getting it at times as well.

Mod Update-

Reverting to the last .dll file until Jeo can work out the kinks.

This means the nerd-poling fix, the XP Bonus System and the Zombie Armor(cause of the errors) are on hold for now.

Please update your player files no change for the server files

Sorry for the mess up guys.

I may need to take back over my testing server for testing.

I am having huge fps drops when survivors (friendly AI) do anything specially when there is more than 2 of them, and there are at least 3 of them all the time. So I wonder if there is a way to disable them w/o disabling raiders (hostile AI)?

Turn down your UMA textures, it's a problem with the janky delivery system (or lack of a proper one) I have a 5k system, and I had to lower it down to low, with everything else jacked.

Also, this happens every alpha with texture streaming, than they fix it. if you find this happening outside of mods, go to video - click apply and it solves the lag.

That is showing your not loading the SDX addins. Did you load the mod and run the mod from the 7D2D launcher? For your reference here is the install guide:

For the easiest installation please use Sphereii's 7 Days to Die Mod Launcher to load the Full Mod and play SP, MP, Coop, Lan or on Servers (All players must have installed the full mod to play. EAC Off) -

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-7-Days-to-Die

Short Mod Launcher Guide:

1) Click on Advanced

2) Click on Spider

3) For the Destination Folder, you can click on the folder to pick where the mod will be installed at. By default, it's C:\7D2D\

4) Click on True Survival SDX

5) Click on Copy to make a copy of your Steam folder

6) Click on Play mod

NOTE: The first time you press Play, it will take awhile to download. True Survival SDX is about 500 megs, so depending on how fast your internet connection is, it could take 5 minutes up to an hour. Every other time after that will be much faster.

Installation Instruction Video -

Think I found a BUG

I just did a full reset, started from scratch. I'm unable to complete the starter quest to build a stone axe as the quest requires 2 sticks. So far I have yet to find a single stick, only wood branches... this also affects crafting of arrows.

Yet I've already crafted several wood axes :)

Loving the challenges this MOD brings!!! Keep up the great and stressing changes

Cheers :beer:

Dammit, why do these bugs always happen for other people and not when I'm testing? I killed a whole blood moon horde without a single null error.

We were not having problems with anything except animals. Could not shoot them without getting a null error (but they would take damage), and trying to skin them gave null errors and nothing happened to the corpse.

@Jeo, The Msteel material type tosses a particle error on impact with any material, like when shooting steel arrows at entities. Think that's been in code a few releases, and is related to adding sound to that new material.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see you fixed the bookcase, but the beercooler and coffin are still bugged. And could you add storage space for those crafted bookcases?

Will check on that. Do you have a lot of books to need so many storage spaces?

That is showing your not loading the SDX addins. Did you load the mod and run the mod from the 7D2D launcher? For your reference here is the install guide:

For the easiest installation please use Sphereii's 7 Days to Die Mod Launcher to load the Full Mod and play SP, MP, Coop, Lan or on Servers (All players must have installed the full mod to play. EAC Off) -

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-7-Days-to-Die

Short Mod Launcher Guide:

1) Click on Advanced

2) Click on Spider

3) For the Destination Folder, you can click on the folder to pick where the mod will be installed at. By default, it's C:\7D2D\

4) Click on True Survival SDX

5) Click on Copy to make a copy of your Steam folder

6) Click on Play mod

NOTE: The first time you press Play, it will take awhile to download. True Survival SDX is about 500 megs, so depending on how fast your internet connection is, it could take 5 minutes up to an hour. Every other time after that will be much faster.

Installation Instruction Video -

I did all that,

I even unsinstalled everything and reinstalled it.

Its the first time ever loading a mod. So maybe I missed something?

Nvm got it

@Jeo, The Msteel material type tosses a particle error on impact with any material, like when shooting steel arrows at entities. Think that's been in code a few releases, and is related to adding sound to that new material.

I didn't add sounds to that material, I made the game no longer try to make particles with "Msteel" and instead have it using the Surface type of the item. If the surface is not set to "metal", or "wood" or "stone" or something vanilla, it can't find the particles. So instead of "impact_material_on_surface" it gets called as "impact_surface_on_surface". So basically, unless the materials have been changed, it's not always, since I know for a fact melee is fixed..

That being said, I looked through the files and found a few more places that call for the material id for particle generation, instead of the surface like I had intended, namely harvesting and projectile hits. I changed them, so there should be no more issues.

Fixing the non-zombie nulls was as simple as first adding a check to see if the enemy is actually an enemy type first. I hunted some animals and had no issues with either the particles or the null errors, with this latest change.

Here's the update

@Jeoshua-

Thanks. Ill take a look and test it out.

@skippy0330-

Are you spying on our team meetings? I have thrown out all of the vanilla game stage hordes and have created my own monster. Unfortunately I could not use that nifty spread sheet Gazz gave us because its not meant to do what I'm going to do. So that means I have to go through all 250 games stages and do them by hand. Im almost half way threw it, But it is looking good. You will have more strategic waves fired at you with less zombies but more alive on screen. Its looking nice. Also its not hard at the start so dont think it will be impossible. It gets harder the higher your game score gets. but for example on a horde night you might get 12 bombers to start / then 6 bombers and 6 ranged / then a horde of climbers / then ranged and a horde of runners/ then ferals. something like that

Archived